One of my favorite (recent) Rams moments

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'll take Tavon over Amendola.
Amendola might have better hands but give Tavon 3-4 years and I promise his #'s will look much better. Amendola (which I did like) was overrated. He has never had more than 3 TD's in a season. Even with Tom Brady in 12 games he managed 2 TD's. Tavon had 4 as a rookie (we're not even talking special teams).

Amendola, as much as I valued him at the time, was the best of a bunch of mediocre receivers.

I agree in as much as TA will be a better receiver IMHO. DA has great in him but he can't stay on the field. Patriots are learning a hard lesson. No way Fisher is letting that talent go without very good reason.

You throw in TA's triple threat and there's no comparison. I would bet every Ram $ that when it's time to pay TA, it won't be a question.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Down goes Griffin...

dmc7a7tn88gtbaifg.jpg
Best GIF ever!

and then there's this....

1lvyzl90mjs9jjsfg.jpg
And this one is Gregg Williams favorite!

SierraRam

Recreational User
images
My favorite moment: When we took Donald at 13.

Our committment to trench warfare was proven and every other team took notice!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I remember the refs being exceptionally terrible in that game.

And then Cortland Finnegan'd someone into handing us the game.

Oh yeah no doubt. There were some awful calls that game, I do remember getting heated about that.

I think my favorite moment so far from the Fisher era is when we beat the Niners in 2012 in OT at home. Just a memorable moment from where I watched the game and the drama through the whole game. So much suspense and then Zuerlein came through in the clutch. I won't forget that one.

Mick

Pro Bowler
Amendola wasn't a "mediocre" receiver. He made plays and thats why he was paid in free agency.
He was paid....yes, but not for his play making...it was because he was a cheaper version of Welker, who the Pats didn't want to pay...so they went the cheaper route, and got just what they paid less for...less production....by the time Amendola caught his first TD in 2013, Welker had 9...and add to that the fact that Amendola can't stay healthy...yeah, give me Tavon any day and twice on Sunday.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Amendola wasn't a "mediocre" receiver. He made plays and thats why he was paid in free agency.

I like Amendola, and I wasn't really calling him mediocre per se. But what exactly in his history makes him a good to great receiver, exactly?

I guess in some eyes 600 yards and 3 TD's is really good. But that's not my standard and I don't think it's anyone else's.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still don't get why this is a penalty. He made a football move and got clocked. I thought this was the NFL not flag football.
It wasn't a penalty.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I believe it WAS. Fuggin refs!
It wasn't. It was an incomplete pass, but Shanahan went nuts and turned even more red when it didn't get called. He was on the sidelines screaming about it, and managed to get the refs into a circle to hear him out, but they never threw the flag on it.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
It wasn't. It was an incomplete pass, but Shanahan went nuts and turned even more red when it didn't get called. He was on the sidelines screaming about it, and managed to get the refs into a circle to hear him out, but they never threw the flag on it.
Do you think if it would have been the "real" refs, they throw the flag? I do especially if it was Boger's crew, if he's the ref for our games it almost makes me not want to watch it.. :sick:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Do you think if it would have been the "real" refs, they throw the flag? I do especially if it was Boger's crew, if he's the ref for our games it almost makes me not want to watch it.. :sick:
Absolutely.

There's also a play on Washington's final drive where Griffin is forced out of the pocket and ends up dumping off, but out of frame Craig Dahl gets caught looking in the backfield and lets his receiver fly right by him. If Griffin had just one more second, he could have hit his guy and ended the game right there. Man am I ever glad that Dahl ended up being jettisoned.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Absolutely.

There's also a play on Washington's final drive where Griffin is forced out of the pocket and ends up dumping off, but out of frame Craig Dahl gets caught looking in the backfield and lets his receiver fly right by him. If Griffin had just one more second, he could have hit his guy and ended the game right there. Man am I ever glad that Dahl ended up being jettisoned.
That shall be the story of our d-line's life, we will be hearing it quite often this year. My favorite penalty was when RGME was running down the sideline and we pushed him out of bounds while he was still in bounds and was called for unnecessary roughness. Or who can forget good ol' Bob yelling at the end of the play after he committed to a read option qb run, after the tackle he yells "Leading with the crown of his helmet ref!" GTFO you lil bitch!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My bad. I thought they called that defenseless receiver on that play. Maybe another one I'm thinking of that was quite similar.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My bad. I thought they called that defenseless receiver on that play. Maybe another one I'm thinking of that was quite similar.
The announcers did.
Often.