One Free Agent Loss That You Are Still Upset About

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I listened to a podcast with D'Farr interviewing London Fletcher and it brought back all of the anger after the Rams essentially rejected him by letting him walk after Super Bowl 36. The guy was a valuable player wherever he went. He played for 12 more years in the NFL after the Rams for the Bills and the Redskins. He recently was inducted into WST's Ring of Honor. He never missed a GAME after he left the Rams. He was our stout MLB.

WTF, WTF.WTF.WTF!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, that Fletcher loss was tough. Not sure I can remember too many others actually. We drafted so badly for so long that not many of our lost FAs did much after leaving. I mean, I'm not shedding many tears over Archuleta or Otogwe for instance. Kinda wish we kept Az Hakim and maybe Dre Bly from the GSOT though...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I listened to a podcast with D'Farr interviewing London Fletcher and it brought back all of the anger after the Rams essentially rejected him by letting him walk after Super Bowl 36. The guy was a valuable player wherever he went. He played for 12 more years in the NFL after the Rams for the Bills and the Redskins. He recently was inducted into WST's Ring of Honor. He never missed a GAME after he left the Rams. He was our stout MLB.

WTF, WTF.WTF.WTF!
I recall that he was voted by the players as the hardest hitting player in the league.

Lovie was a dumbass.. Jamie Duncan sucked.

Tano

Legend
The ones I was really pissed about were

Jack Reynolds and Bob Brudzinski

The start of the Georgia cheapskate era

Man I hated that effing biotch

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Background story on the loss of London Fletcher as I always tell people, don't let your strength become your weakness. Jay Zygmunt the Rams CFO determined that the Rams would not be able to keep both Leonard Little & London Fletcher, so because of Little's ability to sack the QB, they paid Little and then decided to be quick and replace Fletcher with Jamie "Freaking" Duncan of Tampa.

Zygmunt overvalued Fletcher, didn't even pick up the phone to call his agents, just assumed the money they would ask for and thus signed Duncan instead. After Fletcher signed with the Bills, the so smart Zygmunt said "If we had known that London would have agreed to that type of contract, we could have kept him." Nice job you putz. Again, pick up the phone Jay, but no, he wanted to prove how smart he was signing Duncan and thus the Rams lost one of the greatest MLB to ever play the game.

Tano

Legend
Background story on the loss of London Fletcher as I always tell people, don't let your strength become your weakness. Jay Zygmunt the Rams CFO determined that the Rams would not be able to keep both Leonard Little & London Fletcher, so because of Little's ability to sack the QB, they paid Little and then decided to be quick and replace Fletcher with Jamie "Freaking" Duncan of Tampa.

Zygmunt overvalued Fletcher, didn't even pick up the phone to call his agents, just assumed the money they would ask for and thus signed Duncan instead. After Fletcher signed with the Bills, the so smart Zygmunt said "If we had known that London would have agreed to that type of contract, we could have kept him." Nice job you putz. Again, pick up the phone Jay, but no, he wanted to prove how smart he was signing Duncan and thus the Rams lost one of the greatest MLB to ever play the game.
Yeah I hated losing London as well

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
London Fletcher, Ryan Pickett as a wildcard. He went on and had a decent career with GB.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
London Fletcher was the most efficient MLB I've seen ( Butkis et. al. were before my time, so idk.) He was Washington's defense for years and deserved more wins. He always seemed to know where the ball was going before anybody else on the field, including the offense. He always had the shortest angle to ball carriers, and when he got there, their forward progress was over.

Psycho_X

Legend
London by far for me. I had gotten a Fletcher jersey that christmas before he left too so was extra pissed. Our defense was mostly junk after he left.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I recall LovieSmith felt that Jamie Duncan being smaller and more agile made him a much better fit for his Tampa 2 defense. He wanted Duncan over Fletcher.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
London Fletcher, Ryan Pickett as a wildcard. He went on and had a decent career with GB.
What a waste that draft turned out to be. Pickett, Lewis and Archuleta. Adam was decent but his hard hitting style was a detriment for injury. Neither he nor Pickett were retained. Lewis foot injury once again reinforces my hatred for picking injured players.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The ones I was really pissed about were

Jack Reynolds and Bob Brudzinski

The start of the Georgia cheapskate era

Man I hated that effing biotch
I know this is about FA but I will never get over trading away Eric Dickerson. Geogia and her flying monkey Shaw screwed him big time. They didn't have to lowball him like they did. He wouldn't have been such a Deva if they had just showed him the respect for what he did. Just because you have all the power doesn't mean you should use it. What a greedy woman.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
What a waste that draft turned out to be. Pickett, Lewis and Archuleta. Adam was decent but his hard hitting style was a detriment for injury. Neither he nor Pickett were retained. Lewis foot injury once again reinforces my hatred for picking injured players.
Also shows why trading high draft picks for players you know perform at a high NFL level could be a better use of the picks.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Kurt Warner
Martz over reacted to everything. Your either for me or against me. He ran Kevin Carter. He could have been way more understanding with Warner and maybe helped him over come the Finger. Also could have taken him out of games earlier so he didn't get so beat up. He was never HC material.