OL through 2 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Planning is the realm of the GM. If they are unhappy with the plans year to year, then it is Snead answering the bell on that one.
I think that's a fairly reductive and unrealistic look at how a team works.

(Though, on a tangential note, I do wonder how much magic in our front office came from Brad Holmes and not Snead.)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think it is unrealistic. McVay and his staff will load their concerns on the GM, who steers the club through the offseason. McVay in fact clearly supports Snead through the draft and FA periods, we've seen that on the draft vids the team has released multiple times.

This goes back to what I have also mentioned irt us losing again this season. In that the losing itself will require an outlet and it won't be McVay that bears the brunt of it. Unless he decides he wants out.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Jeebus. The handling of this OL situation is borderline incompetent IMO. This year is looking more and more like a sacrificial season to sort through all of the mess they have made in some areas (salary and personnel wise).

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anchrum took all the snaps with the first team yesterday, and again today while Noteboom worked out on the sidelines. So this must mean McVay is keeping Noteboom out so he can play RG on Saturday.

(I just wanted to beat OND to the assumption).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anchrum took all the snaps with the first team yesterday, and again today while Noteboom worked out on the sidelines. So this must mean McVay is keeping Noteboom out so he can play RG on Saturday.

(I just wanted to beat OND to the assumption).
OND's on the batphone looking to trade a certain OT.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I'm not buying Noteboom starting at right guard unless they feel he is equal to or better there than Anchrum.

McVay is objective enough in his eval's to have figured out that Jackson has beaten out Noteboom for the starting LT job. It only makes sense that Noteboom would have to beat out Anchrum at RG as well to earn a starting job there.

If he is not the best candidate at either position then it is up to the front office and coaching staff together to decide if he has a place on this team given his contract.

Neither McVay or the front office has ever shied away from making tough decisions such as moving on from mistakes. They will either find a fit for him (not at the expense of starting a superior player at a given position) or he will be dealt.

Tano

Legend
Watch Bruss get manhandled on the 2nd and 3rd play.
On the 3rd play - Bruss did not get manhandled. He got accidentally tripped by the raider lineman's feet behind him and fell down.

But he does do a Blythe move on the 4th play - OLE

WestCoastRam

Legend
Sure sounds like from Jourdan, McVay wants AJ - Avila - Shelton - Boom - Havenstein as their starting five from 11 personnel.

And Boom is injured and they want him to play at RG and there's frustration that he and Hav are injured right now cause they expected this starting 5 to be getting snaps together by at least the beginning of last week.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sure sounds like from Jourdan, McVay wants AJ - Avila - Shelton - Boom - Havenstein as their starting five from 11 personnel.

And Boom is injured and they want him to play at RG and there's frustration that he and Hav are injured right now cause they expected this starting 5 to be getting snaps together by at least the beginning of last week.
If Boom can get up to speed & healthy, well, okay, but if not go with Anchrum. If that is the starting OL in Seattle, it would be a bigger OL.

Jackson - 6'7
Avila - 6'3
Shelton - 6'3
Noteboom - 6'5
Havenstein - 6'7

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Jackson - 6'7/330
Avila - 6'3/333
Shelton - 6'4/300
Noteboom 6'5/321 (Anchrum 6'2_314)
Havenstein 6'8/330

That would be the biggest line we've put out there in a while with an average weight of 321lbs.

The six people listed above are almost a ton at 1928 lbs.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
My biggest hope for the line this year is that by mid-season.. Jackson and Avila are working great together and both are showing they can kick ass.
That would be a great foundation, moving forward.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think the Rams stash Maginn on the PS. He had a decent game tonight. The guy getting the noise in TC was Grant and he played like the second coming of Blythe. Shows you how little the media knows.

If Sean is honest with himself about putting the 5 best OL out there as their starters then:

LT Jackson
LG Avila
C Allen
RG Thomas
RT Havenstein

Swing OTs Noteboom & McClendon, C/OG Shelton & McAllister. I think attacking the leftside B gap will be a staple in the run game. That OL has size and they can run behind it. They also would be decent in pass protection.

I think it's a toss up between Rivers and Freeman and I don't think they keep more than 4 RBs on the active roster. Freeman ends up on the PS IMO.

I think they keep 6 WRs Kupp, Jefferson, Nacua, Atwell, Skowronek and Smith (who will be their designated returner).

They should keep 2 QBs Stafford and Bennett ( he played like a rookie but he's shown enough). Rypien goes to the PS.

They start the season with 4 TEs but IMO Long goes on IR from the 53 meaning he can be activated during the season. It wouldn't surprise me if they did the same with Noteboom. His injury IMO is bothering him and trying to compensate for it messes with his ankles and knees.

The offense looks solid and should carry the defense for the first part of the season.

Edges will take a game or two to round into form. Young and Hoecht should be the starters. Van Valkenburg is a keeper and will make a solid rotational player or play him at SAM to backstop on the strong side. He plays the run well. He bumps Hardy, Hampton and Mathis. Mathis might drop to the PS depending upon the numbers and his STs play. Ernest Brown will have to make the team on STs or he's gone IMO. Ernest Jones, Rozeboom and Hummel will be the ILB.

Kobie Turner should play in rotation behind Donald. The NTs should be Brown& Murchison. I like Copeland but he might be on the bubble due to numbers especially if they keep 5 safeties. Their 4 CBs are clearly Durant, Tomlinson, Witherspoon and Rochell. I don't see them trying to sneak Taylor on to the PS. So I think they keep 5 safeties.