Okay what is done is done: Bright spot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
We are, McVay just approaches his offensive gameplan like a sprinter while the Seahawks and Cardinals can approach like a marathon runner.

Would like to see more quick developing plays (i.e. short passes and screens) against physical/aggressive defenses.
This is one thing I didn't get. All these long developing pass plays when your Oline is getting manhandled.

Why not dial up short passes. Rodgers against the Rams agrressive front gets the ball out in 2.5 seconds consistently.

There should be constant quick pass plays and even more end arounds or buble screens to slow those edge guys down.

Mcvay didn't help his QB out at all vs SF. Not to mention dialing up a long pass in OT when we are in no hurry to score and need ball security.

But for those fans that think we should keep running the ball vs the Niners front. I disagree. Our Oline cannot move bodies vs that front. Mcvay said as much in the post press conf. I agree with him there. The strategy should have been precision short passing until they defended that, then hit them deep. Not take deep shots all game until they intercept it or sack your qb.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
But for those fans that think we should keep running the ball vs the Niners front. I disagree. Our Oline cannot move bodies vs that front.

There is something about the one on one (player vs player) matchup that helps the 49’ers play well against us. We got the same thing going with Seattle.

As far as Michel, I tend to agree. Michel was averaging just over 2yds per carry… Not exactly dominating. We have to pass to beat these guys. I felt absent was the passes that perform like running plays etc. Slants, quick hits, screens.

More of that would have loosened up the traditional run game, IMO.

Thats the adjustment I make on offense.

RamWoodie

Legend
A bright spot would be to figure how to get OBJ going in the offense...or sit him for Skow.

What is it...can they not figure it out? Dude was totally absent against the 9ers!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Okay it is what it is.

Look at it this way. The Rams play the Cards at SoFi. They know what to expect from the Cards and how to beat them.

The Niners will play Dallas whom they can beat.

The Eagles will get roasted for lunch by the Bucs.

This is the bright spot. As the lowest remaining team, the Niners will go to GB and take out the Packers. Their run attack is exactly the way you beat the Packers in Lambo.

The Rams go to sunny Tampa and beat the Bucs whom they have already beaten twice.

The Championship game will be in Sofi in a revenge match with the damn Niners.

The Niners take out the Pack then the Rams get their revenge game. Taking them out in the Championship game will be much sweeter and hurt them more.

Anyway, that's how I see it. The Rams will face teams they know and have already beaten in the first two rounds. If the Pack beat the Niners well ho-hum LOL. The Rams match up well with the Pack and can beat them in Lambo as Stafford knows how to play there.

Looking back, this is so sweet. I love drinking 49er tears.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love that they are still crying. The pain they feel won't go away for a long time. IMO their dominance over the Rams died in that game.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reading back through this thread again, there were a LOT of Negative Nancy(s) back on Jan 9-11th..

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I love that they are still crying. The pain they feel won't go away for a long time. IMO their dominance over the Rams died in that game.
Yes it did.

Especially given previous history, importance of the game, and the fact they were up 10 midway through the 4th.

Stafford stole their soul.

Btw @oldnotdead - nice call on the playoffs.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Thanks for posting this. Seriously, I searched high and low to find this thread because it seemed prophetic.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thanks for posting this. Seriously, I searched high and low to find this thread because it seemed prophetic.

SAD !! 9er fans dominated again. The Rams got lucky to beat a beat up 9ers team. All the safety has to do is secure a Stafford INT.
The 9ers beat Green Bay in a classic match up which was awesome to see.

Just rewatched The Rams loss to the 8ers today on NFL network. When The Rams lost it was bitter-sweet.

My only point is it takes luck to win a SuperBowl sometimes.A football can bounce so many different ways.The Ram Fans still have to support the team & remember Whose House SOFI belongs to.

The 9ers are not going away & the rivalry is still alive more than ever.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SAD !! 9er fans dominated again. The Rams got lucky to beat a beat up 9ers team. All the safety has to do is secure a Stafford INT.
The 9ers beat Green Bay in a classic match up which was awesome to see.

Just rewatched The Rams loss to the 8ers today on NFL network. When The Rams lost it was bitter-sweet.

My only point is it takes luck to win a SuperBowl sometimes.A football can bounce so many different ways.The Ram Fans still have to support the team & remember Whose House SOFI belongs to.

The 9ers are not going away & the rivalry is still alive more than ever.
That dropped INT was with almost 10 Min on the clock. That would NOT have been a game ender. With the way this team played in crunch time in the playoffs, there is still a decent chance they win that game. Also dropped INT by Ramsey, so "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda".

Of Course it takes Luck to win a SB, for every team, every year. Niners D will keep them in games for sure, that is a very solid unit. If they play Lance, they will struggle against better teams. Also, Don't underestimate the difference that Wagner will make against the 9ers. Look at what Seattle has done to the 9ers run game over the last several years. I don't think the 9ers give us as much of a problem going forward. We probably win 75-80% against them over the next 2-3 years.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That dropped INT was with almost 10 Min on the clock. That would NOT have been a game ender. With the way this team played in crunch time in the playoffs, there is still a decent chance they win that game. Also dropped INT by Ramsey, so "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda".

Of Course it takes Luck to win a SB, for every team, every year. Niners D will keep them in games for sure, that is a very solid unit. If they play Lance, they will struggle against better teams. Also, Don't underestimate the difference that Wagner will make against the 9ers. Look at what Seattle has done to the 9ers run game over the last several years. I don't think the 9ers give us as much of a problem going forward. We probably win 75-80% against them over the next 2-3 years.

We’ll go to Vegas.I remember when The Rams lost to a QB named Mullins ? I saw a game where The Rams we’re a home & almost won after recovering a onside kick.

—Do I believe The Rams are better than the 9ers ? Yes - just seeing that last regular season game when The Rams we’re up 17-0. Knowing I was surrounded around whining 9er Fans saying how bad Jimmy G was only to see him comeback to beat The Rams at home.

Honestly I didn’t even look at there draft for the first time ever in 40 plus years.I could careless about them right now.

I know The Rams team really well,This schedule is not the easiest,but the hope is The hope is The NFC West has a very down year & The Rams go 6-0.