Okay what is done is done: Bright spot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Okay it is what it is.

Look at it this way. The Rams play the Cards at SoFi. They know what to expect from the Cards and how to beat them.

The Niners will play Dallas whom they can beat.

The Eagles will get roasted for lunch by the Bucs.

This is the bright spot. As the lowest remaining team, the Niners will go to GB and take out the Packers. Their run attack is exactly the way you beat the Packers in Lambo.

The Rams go to sunny Tampa and beat the Bucs whom they have already beaten twice.

The Championship game will be in Sofi in a revenge match with the damn Niners.

The Niners take out the Pack then the Rams get their revenge game. Taking them out in the Championship game will be much sweeter and hurt them more.

Anyway, that's how I see it. The Rams will face teams they know and have already beaten in the first two rounds. If the Pack beat the Niners well ho-hum LOL. The Rams match up well with the Pack and can beat them in Lambo as Stafford knows how to play there.
I like your crystal ball!! or at least would like to have some of whatever you’re smoking…

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
I almost want to say no thanks, because I just don't think we have the team or the mentality to be the 49ers, especially our HC and DC. If the 49ers somehow lose to Dallas or we advance to the Super Bowl without facing them, we'll just have to live with the asterisk. I'd honestly rather lose in Green Bay or just about anywhere than face the 9ers again. And generally, my confidence in this team to win it all is shot after the choke job today.

McVay really needs to re-think his entire approach this offseason, and he and Snead need start building and scheming this team explicitly to beat the 49ers.
The Rams won the division today but it feels like they lost the season honestly.. one of if not the toughest loss since the Super Bowl. As a fan hearing those niner fans over the Ram fans in that stadium was depressing. My fandom is smoked right now and have never been more down going into the playoffs. Im not sure i have any faith in our coaches after what I witnessed today, i need some time to recover obviously. This one stings to put it lightly.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay it is what it is.

Look at it this way. The Rams play the Cards at SoFi. They know what to expect from the Cards and how to beat them.

The Niners will play Dallas whom they can beat.

The Eagles will get roasted for lunch by the Bucs.

This is the bright spot. As the lowest remaining team, the Niners will go to GB and take out the Packers. Their run attack is exactly the way you beat the Packers in Lambo.

The Rams go to sunny Tampa and beat the Bucs whom they have already beaten twice.

The Championship game will be in Sofi in a revenge match with the damn Niners.

The Niners take out the Pack then the Rams get their revenge game. Taking them out in the Championship game will be much sweeter and hurt them more.

Anyway, that's how I see it. The Rams will face teams they know and have already beaten in the first two rounds. If the Pack beat the Niners well ho-hum LOL. The Rams match up well with the Pack and can beat them in Lambo as Stafford knows how to play there.

brazil53.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay really needs to re-think his entire approach this offseason, and he and Snead need start building and scheming this team explicitly to beat the 49ers.

there are much, much, much, much better teams out there than the whiners. let's worry about them.

they will take care of the whiners.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it works out this way, the Rams get to break the Card's heart, the Goat's heart and the Niner's heart. Yeah this loss hurt but it ain't over and payback can be a bitch.

kurt: only bits and pieces of it. My GF liked it though. LOL

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
We apparently only have 3 quality DL linemen.

Many times I saw only two out there (Gaines and AD).

10 rushing plays in a row? What a surprise.

The inability to stop an opponent's running game is what lost this game as well as every playoff loss during McVay's tenure.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If Jones had played we win this game going away.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I almost want to say no thanks, because I just don't think we have the team or the mentality to be the 49ers, especially our HC and DC. If the 49ers somehow lose to Dallas or we advance to the Super Bowl without facing them, we'll just have to live with the asterisk. I'd honestly rather lose in Green Bay or just about anywhere than face the 9ers again. And generally, my confidence in this team to win it all is shot after the choke job today.

Just like Fisher and Snead built their teams to beat Seattle.

badcop

UDFA
Whenever the yardage is a bit long we switch into pass rush D with only Donald and Gaines. SF ran on those downs. Should have changed that for this game.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We were up 17-0, which I've heard is the Sean McVay gameplan. Get ahead so our defense can get after the opposing QB. But Shanny wasn't buying that bullshit. He knows that our defense can't hold up to an older style of smashmouth football, and he's right.

I don't know how we fix it, either, aside from getting bigger and stronger in the defensive backfield. AND a stronger Center on the offense. Allen looked a lot like an overwhelmed Blythe out there at times. I can't help but think of a certain rookie Center in KCMO that many are calling the best in the NFL But no, we had to have a 150 lb toy WR this year, I guess...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We were up 17-0, which I've heard is the Sean McVay gameplan. Get ahead so our defense can get after the opposing QB. But Shanny wasn't buying that bullshit. He knows that our defense can't hold up to an older style of smashmouth football, and he's right.

I don't know how we fix it, either, aside from getting bigger and stronger in the defensive backfield. AND a stronger Center on the offense. Allen looked a lot like an overwhelmed Blythe out there at times. I can't help but think of a certain rookie Center in KCMO that many are calling the best in the NFL But no, we had to have a 150 lb toy WR this year, I guess...
The whole Oline got their ass kicked, it wasn’t just Allen.

I think they need better pressure packages against a QB with a broken thumb. Normally our front four gets it done yesterday it took an extra body to get hits on Gabapole. That should have been in the game plan and it shouldn’t have been the same extra guy every time.

Hell there were people here that had a better idea than Morris before the game. Isn’t he reading ROD????

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The whole Oline got their ass kicked, it wasn’t just Allen.

I think they need better pressure packages against a QB with a broken thumb. Normally our front four gets it done yesterday it took an extra body to get hits on Gabapole. That should have been in the game plan and it shouldn’t have been the same extra guy every time.

Hell there were people here that had a better idea than Morris before the game. Isn’t he reading ROD????
I don’t know. Sometimes significantly shoring up one position, strengthens the surrounding positions. A dominant Center will help both Guards not feel like they are alone out there. Protecting the Center area also helps the QB more, I think, step into the pocket and deliver the ball more effectively.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don’t know. Sometimes significantly shoring up one position, strengthens the surrounding positions. A dominant Center will help both Guards not feel like they are alone out there. Protecting the Center area also helps the QB more, I think, step into the pocket and deliver the ball more effectively.
I would not argue with that. When they were clicking yesterday he has that pocket and Aikman commented about how he was able to step up.

I thought they didn’t have enough quick passes in the game plan. I’d like to see Beckham get more slants, I think he has the ability to take those to the house.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I think re: the OL the idea is try to reduce your matchup problems every offseason. Rams style of OL building is to draft and develop. They made a commitment to it. Allen has played well, he just has a cap to him. The guy needs help vs the most physical DL.

So maybe this offseason they address that. Take another Center somewhere. It would be wise.

We're definitely looking at Corbs leaving in FA. It makes no sense to pay him top dollar when draft and development have numerous OG options on the depth chart. I'm guessing his replacement will be Anchrum, who comes with good team control, but either way we have changes ahead on that OL this offseason.

Boom is probably gone too. If we keep him he'll get the cap space we had going to Whit. So it's him or Whit IMO. We just aren't gonna have the ability to keep redundant paid guys. If you're getting paid with the Rams you gotta produce, because there's no room for high paid depth options when you have a star studded roster.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The bright spot is we are division champions! It doesn’t matter if we backed into it or not. If we were going to lose, that was the last time we could so………. Maybe it is a wake up call. You don’t think somebody has barked in McVay’s ear about the 3rd and one gaff?????? He probably laid in bed last night tossing and turning over it. Same for Stafford with his interceptions. If he had launched that last throw an extra two yards, we’d probably be talking about how great that game winning throw was to OBJ. We are in a new season now. It doesn’t matter who or where we play. I don’t think we have much of a home field advantage anyways. You have to beat everybody from here on out to get what we want! Time to rally around our guys and forget the rear view mirror! GO RAMS!!!!!!

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
One of the real oddities of NFL level play in the NFC-West, is that the 9r's beat the Rams, twice. The Seahawks beat the 9r's twice. The Cardinals beat the 9r's twice... The Rams beat the Seahawks twice... and the Cards split with the Seahawks and the Rams...

What a train wreck.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
One of the real oddities of NFL level play in the NFC-West, is that the 9r's beat the Rams, twice. The Seahawks beat the 9r's twice. The Cardinals beat the 9r's twice... The Rams beat the Seahawks twice... and the Cards split with the Seahawks and the Rams...

What a train wreck.

And what I just don't get is, what did Seattle and AZ do that led to them both beating the 9ers twice? Are we not capable of doing those same things?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
And what I just don't get is, what did Seattle and AZ do that led to them both beating the 9ers twice? Are we not capable of doing those same things?
We are, McVay just approaches his offensive gameplan like a sprinter while the Seahawks and Cardinals can approach like a marathon runner.

Would like to see more quick developing plays (i.e. short passes and screens) against physical/aggressive defenses.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
We are, McVay just approaches his offensive gameplan like a sprinter while the Seahawks and Cardinals can approach like a marathon runner.

Would like to see more quick developing plays (i.e. short passes and screens) against physical/aggressive defenses.
Thank you amen exactamundo.