Official Vent Thread: Rams at Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Without naming owners names, I bet somebody "flipped their wig".

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
that is 7 exciting games outta 9, so....but I'm hurt fellas...I bleed blu & gold....this one is worse than the Dallas loss...way worse than the Philly game...
Lets try someone else at QB...oh and lets Start Barron over McLeod....

any chance I can get some Person & Jones over Wells & Joseph?

and I still think, Davis is better than Hill..but he's playing scared now....like he figured out he's in the NFL 3 weeks ago

RamzFanz

Damnit
Apples and oranges, man. Davis is a third year UDRFA. I have seen all of Davis I need to, but Fisher gave his word to not bench him. We're stuck with Davis for almost half the season. :(

Fisher's word means nothing. Ask Hill. And no, he didn't give his word he wouldn't bench him, he said he wouldn't have a short hook. Even assuming he is a man of his word, that hook was two games too long.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Fisher's word means nothing. Ask Hill. And no, he didn't give his word he wouldn't bench him, he said he wouldn't have a short hook. Even assuming he is a man of his word, that hook was two games too long.

Nope, "remainder of the season."

RamzFanz

Damnit
Nope, "remainder of the season."

"Fisher said. "Yes, I did say that Shaun was our quarterback. My job is to make the right decisions."

"Fisher says there will be "no short hook." After initially claiming Shaun Hill would resume the starting job once 100 percent healthy from a Week 1 thigh injury, Fisher has changed course"

I don't know where you get the idea Fisher guaranteed Davis the job or where he won't change his mind.

I'm betting AD doesn't have more than another half as a starter unless Hill comes in and stinks up the place worse or Hill gets injured.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Anybody got a clue if Case Keenum knows the offense? I still don't think Hill would last behind Davin Joseph & Wells....

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
I WANT MY GOD DAMN MUTHA freaking BRADFORD BACK!

I HOPE THAT BASTARD IN CAROLINA FUCKS UP HIS KNEE! FUCKS IT UP REAL GOOD!

Okay, that's really freaking mean, but I don't freaking care anymore. That bitch deserves divine karma.

I blame that idiot on the Browns who hurt him this year! First freaking drive of a PRESEASON game! That asshole was making the team. I could almost excuse a guy who was on the bubble, trying to make a play to catch the coach's eye. Not that jerk!

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Cheap. I would hope our center would slam him too.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Don't care who you are or who you root for, Mangold is the man!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
"Fisher said. "Yes, I did say that Shaun was our quarterback. My job is to make the right decisions."

"Fisher says there will be "no short hook." After initially claiming Shaun Hill would resume the starting job once 100 percent healthy from a Week 1 thigh injury, Fisher has changed course"

I don't know where you get the idea Fisher guaranteed Davis the job or where he won't change his mind.

I'm betting AD doesn't have more than another half as a starter unless Hill comes in and stinks up the place worse or Hill gets injured.

I don't think Hill could do any worse than Davis in the fourth quarter, I prefer Hill at this point. But I'll be surprised to see Davis removed from the starter slot. I hope you're right.

I wish we would have traded for Mallette.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Two things:

1. Austin Davis is not an NFL starting QB.

2. Please trade Tavon Austin. I want to see him succeed in this league.
hau5O1.jpg

Rambition

Rookie
The more the Rams are in control of the game(and the momentum)....the more schizophrenic and dumb Shotty's playcalling becomes.
What is Shotty's love with throwing the ball on 3rd and short with this team? I thought we were a power running team. Especially when we're starting a backup QB.
The Cards did not want to defend the run today.

And yeah, i'm finally ready to sit Davis down. We've found our backup.
agreed on all points. actually, i was in favor of sticking with hill to begin with (when he came back from his quad strain), but you have to root for the guy on the field, so i've been rooting for davis, even though i felt that hill gave us the best chance to win consistently. i'm hoping hill gets the call from here on. davis can hang his hat on having shown enough to potentially be a decent backup option for someone in the NFL, and there's no shame in that.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I still think Fisher's decision to play Davis for an extended time was to find a backup/stopgap QB for 2015. He's restricted, which means it's tough to lose him if we would want him. It would be cheaper and better in the long term for Davis to have earned that job next year over most anyone else. I believe it was a prudent decision, because if Hill plays good enough to win he's going to want to get paid to come back. After the last 2 games, maybe he goes back to Hill. I would love to be at one of their meetings to see if they still have hopes for Davis. But from the outside looking in Hill seems to be the wiser choice, as does finding a guard to suit up over Joseph. Why Person and Barnes aren't starting by now is the true mystery for 2014 IMO.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is a fair critique of the coaches.

I don't want to replace Fisher. But his coordinators have to answer to that.
And who picked the Coordinators? Just askin' ;)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apples and oranges, man. Davis is a third year UDRFA. I have seen all of Davis I need to, but Fisher gave his word to not bench him. We're stuck with Davis for almost half the season. :(
Yes, he did give his word.

Do you think he'll honor that promise to Davis?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-austin-davis-start-quarterback-st-louis-rams

In the above article, Fisher clearly states: ""We're going to go ahead and start Austin for the remainder of the season," Fisher said. "It's not that Shaun lost the job. It's that Austin earned an opportunity to keep it. Shaun understands. He's a team player. In my parting comments with Austin, I told him not to look over his shoulder. So he's going to take this team and run with it."

I think this may be what he's referring to.

dhaab

Rookie
I think this team is pretty close to being very good defensively and the special teams is pretty solid as well. Unfortunately, I'm of the belief that Fisher is fairly clueless in how to build a good offense in the modern day NFL. Schottenheimer is an average coordinator but I really wonder if Fisher even knows how to find someone who can rebuild this offense into something that will score points consistently in this league. Obviously having a quality QB would help greatly going forward, but I'm not sure anyone in this organization has the ability to identify the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.