Official Vent Thread: Rams at Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think this is the only thing I've said about Sam Bradford that was mean spirited.

Apologies if I offended anybody. I was just venting.

Feel free to suspend, ban, or kick me off the site if you want.

Don't give up so easy, Merlin.

I'm just doing my job.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I've been saying it for 4 weeks now, and this week it seems like many more rams fans agree, Austin Davis is not the answer at QB. He is a #2 at best, an average #2. Put Hill in next week and lets start learing how to win and finish games. Let's get Bailey and Tavon rolling and get them ready for next season. No more ridiculous INTs and FUMBLES please.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Miss me yet
Sam-Bradford-Featured-Video_-600x330.jpg

WoodsideRam

Rookie
Cards did that to us today...and it worked. Because their QB got the ball out quickly and negated the blitz with hot reads.

I am sorry to keep banging the same drum but we need a QB that processes things quickly.

Yeah, but knowing your QBs limitations, why does Schotty insist on doing it when he knows our guy can't get the ball out on time.

I don't know if we even have hot reads. I'm sure we do. All I see is the other team bring pressure, Davis looks at the pressure, and then I hear the theme from Jeopardy until the sack happens.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hurt. And you think so? What TD did he give up? What deep pass did he give up? I know Tru and McLeod gave up a John Brown TD. I know JJ took on a olinemen and got beat on the Ellington TD. I would like some examples of Jenkins sucking today.
Took on the Olineman. I think you better go back and rewatch that play. He looked scared and tried to get out of the way to safety as quickly as possible. Taking on the lineman would have been attacking going low and making a pile to clog the running lane. He did not do that.

RamzFanz

Damnit
This whole team has been inconsistent this year. We've had games when the offense scored plenty of points but the defense could stop the other team. Now the defense is playing well and the offense can't score hardly anything. I still think Davis is going to keep starting unless he gets hurt. Hill will not be on this team next year. As much as a lot of people don't like Davis they have given him a spot as a backup qb. I want Hill to play because I think he gives us the best chance to win but on the other hand I want Davis to keep playing because Hill will not be here next year. We all pretty much knew when Bradford went down that this season was over. We held out hope but after this week there is no playoffs this year for sure. Fisher will keep Davis in to get more experience. And honestly, if Davis is the backup qb next year wouldn't you want him to have as much experience as possible in case he has to come in due to injury? Just is really deflating that this offense is still not good. How many years has this offense been bad? How many free agents and draft picks have been added to the oline? And yet still we need help at qb, oline, and wr. Just really sucks. Plus the injuries haunt this team every year it seems like.

You lost me at "Hill won't be here next year". That's 100% assumption that could be negated should they come to their senses and start him.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
You lost me at "Hill won't be here next year". That's 100% assumption that could be negated should they come to their senses and start him.

Well a lot of what we say on here is an assumption lol. I just don't see why Hill would want to stay here if he doesn't get to start at all the rest of this year. Especially considering how Davis is playing now and the fact that he only got to play a single half. If the Rams bring Bradford back and draft a qb, I don't see them resigning a qb in his mid 30's to a new contract. Just my opinion.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Much as I'd like to pile on AD, he was a guy who had some earlier success and the staff wanted to evaluate their options for 2015. I understand that reasoning, as well as the notion that it takes more than 8 games to do that. So I've no complaints.

My vent is this oline. Yes Davis doesn't help them out, but that doesn't change the fact that we are inconsistent at best controlling the line of scrimmage. And that is what it takes to win. For all the kissing up to Carson Palmer and his quick release, he was still losing the football game and getting rocked. Cardinals couldn't even muster a threat of a run game. The Cardinals defense won that game, so I think the notion that we just need a QB is only half a solution. The Cardinals OL could not control the line of scrimmage, and it forced them to play our game. All while getting their blitz beating quick throwing QB beat down and eventually hurt. It just drives home the notion once again to me that OL needs to be our 1st priority.

Oh and I continue to believe that Schotty should be replaced.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Took on the Olineman. I think you better go back and rewatch that play. He looked scared and tried to get out of the way to safety as quickly as possible. Taking on the lineman would have been attacking going low and making a pile to clog the running lane. He did not do that.
True. But playing scared, and hurt, against a guy who is much larger than you doesn't exactly constitute as "sucking" the entire game.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well a lot of what we say on here is an assumption lol. I just don't see why Hill would want to stay here if he doesn't get to start at all the rest of this year. Especially considering how Davis is playing now and the fact that he only got to play a single half. If the Rams bring Bradford back and draft a qb, I don't see them resigning a qb in his mid 30's to a new contract. Just my opinion.

Hill could not only be on the team as a backup, he could be the starter. We won't know if they don't start him.

I'm thinking the Rams don't keep AD. Why would they?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I've been saying it for 4 weeks now, and this week it seems like many more rams fans agree, Austin Davis is not the answer at QB. He is a #2 at best, an average #2. Put Hill in next week and lets start learing how to win and finish games. Let's get Bailey and Tavon rolling and get them ready for next season. No more ridiculous INTs and FUMBLES please.

I'm assuming this will be the week we don't get shouted down for pointing out the obvious. Hill has always been the better choice. The deep talent of the skill players made Davis look better than he was for a few games.

Fisher may surrender possessions and let Schotty destroy seasons, but he won't keep losing with AD without trying Hill. This will be the week I would bet. Rams have ZERO chance against Denver with AD and a wildcard shot would probably require winning out from here on.

VFerragamo

Cagey Veteran
The Austin Davis show was nice while it lasted but the wheels have completely come off the wagon. I like his grit and fire as much as anyone - but let's be honest - we're lucky he didn't throw 6 picks in the 4Q alone today. Time for a fresh start w Hill...

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Hill has to start from here on out, they have to play to win. Davis is not the answer, not now and not in the future. The coaches owe it to the rest of the players to play the best qb.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Completely agree we need someone than can make quick decisions, you're only gonna get so much time in a pocket behind our o-line atm, imo.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It's time to see Hill - it's likely too late to make the playoffs - but if we want to win games - it's time to see Hill.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I often watch Green Bay play football(because they're always on TV) and i find myself daydream about having Aaron Rodgers handing off to Mason, Cunningham, Stacy....and throwing TD's to Tavon, Britt, Quick, Cook, Kendricks, Harkey every week.
giphy.gif

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
See, here's what frustrates me the most about this Rams season... the halftime scores of the games.

Week 1: Down by 13 at the half (lost by 28)
Week 2: Up by 3 at the half (won by 2)
Week 3: Up by 11 at the half (lost by 3)
Week 5: Down by 13 at the half (lost by 6)
Week 6: Up by 4 at the half (lost by 14)
Week 7: Up by 15 at the half (won by 2)
Week 8: Down by 3 at the half (lost by 27)
Week 9: Tied at half (won by 3)
Week 10: Up by 4 at the half (lost by 17)

We're 3-6, but we were 5-3-1 going by scores at the half. If the problem was just that we stunk, we wouldn't have gotten these leads in the first place. Sadly, the solution to us just stinking would be a lot simpler too: A rebuild, and a real one, not one with a bunch of important pieces already in place for the new coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.