Official Training Camp Thread - Day 9!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I just want to thank @jimitroutboy again for giving us these live tweets so that we can all follow camp. Everything you do is appreciated.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks guys! I got my fix for today.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Brockers - Bruce - Barnes - Bennie WOW!!! RIP Frank Gifford HOF'er 84 years old. Steelers @ Vikings tonight . So it begins. Thanks guys !!! SEEMS like FOLES is lighting up the SEAM Routes like old Drew Brees used to. Can't wait to have that on 3rd down this year. We're gonna need every rep we can get till game one in a few days.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Interesting to see them run two-te sets with Cook in the slot. I don't feel like we utilized that set to our advantage as much as we could of in the past.

Everyone focuses on if Cig can utilize Tavon well this time around but no one's talking about the possibility of Cig utilizing Cook better. It seems we're all resigned to Cook having maxed out his ability but it's important to note that Cook hasn't had consistent QB play nor has he shown the kind of numbers he had at Tenn at the end.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I keep hearing some good things about Rhaney. Maybe Barnes will be the guy early since he's got the most of the limited experience? Maybe Rhaney is the future?

All I watched today at TC through my binoculars was the centers. This is how I would rate them based on today:

1) Barnes
2) Jones
3) Rhaney

I think it's fair to say Coach would rate the same way. I think.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
All I watched today at TC through my binoculars was the centers. This is how I would rate them based on today:

1) Barnes
2) Jones
3) Rhaney

I think it's fair to say Coach would rate the same way. I think.

Surprising with how Rhaney has seemed to be doing quite well and the others have been doing poorly more or less.

From what you have seen, do any truly seem like real starters, as in they could start for other teams? Or are they just all we have?

RamzFanz

Damnit
On to my report:

What a better practice! Lots of hitting. Even Quick got hit and went down on his shoulder but he was fine. Fisher went straight over to make sure.

CodeMonkey and Coach were there and Jim stopped by to say hi.

I focused on the centers all day. Barnes was with the ones and played very well to my eye. Good stops. Got to the second level and blocked. Even got 10 yards down field and lead blocked in a run play on the far sideline. He stuffed Donald several times.

Overall, just a good day. All that was missing was the long ball. Only a few of those.

A lot of runs today. In the drills the O-line was making nice holes. In the 7v7 and 11v11, not as much.

Pead was the best RB on the field with Mason out again. Consistent, makes himself small, good hands, fast.

As coach pointed out in coach fashion, there was a Givens sighting at 5:36PM, 2 hours and 6 minutes into practice. If he's not on the bubble, no one is. Damian Williams 10 is the challenger we think although there are also other WR standouts like Slavin 8 and Rodrigues 3.

Foles was more accurate today but watching Coach imitating his throwing action was a hoot.

Good day. Ninety degrees and stifling hot. A lot of good work on both sides of the ball. Much more serious than Friday. Me thinks some players got their shit jumped.

The beer man has completely given up. He stops halfway down the field and yells if you want a beer, you come to him. This is really funny because he almost begs for tips.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Hopefully Bruce can teach our WRs how to be reliable. That's the name of the game, you have to show up and be reliable and consistent and your team has to count on you to make plays. It'll be nice to have him there. Enjoy camp guys.

We never saw him. I would classify our receivers as reliable though. Friday was the only practice I saw with a lot of catchable drops. Most of the time on incompletes it's good defensive plays. The proof will come in games though.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas ‏@jthom1

Liked what I've seen so far from undrafted rookie Imoan Claiborne. Doesn't have elite speed, but good ball skills. Couple INTs Sunday.

WR Tyler Slavin, who wears Sam Bradford's jersey No. 8, made a couple of nice catches during 1-on-1 drills.

Great to see former Rams scouts Russ Lande & Matt Littlefield. Lande was scouting for Montreal Alouiettes; Littlefield for Toronto Argonauts

DT Michael Brockers was not at practice; he became a father.

It was the first time Joyner-Kersee has been to a Rams practice.

At practice Sunday with Isaac Bruce was the great Jackie Joyner-Kersee. Joyner-Kersee and Bruce do work together for Mercy Sports Medicine.

There goes a youngster wearing a Zac Stacy jersey. #Yikes!

Unlike some of his predecessors, Jeff Fisher has open door for former Rams. Am told the one, the only Isaac Bruce will be on hand today.

Only 3 more open practices at Rams Park this camp, including today's at 3:30 p.m. Bring you signs, but make sure they're small. :)

On a steamy day at Rams Park, another good crowd for Sunday practice: 1,263.

===========

Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner

#Rams off the practice field Sunday. STL royalty in the house: Isaac Bruce and Jackie Joyner-Kersee taking in the workout.

.@IsaacBruce80 just at practice for today. Has opened a gym in Fla. as well as helping coach football team at Dillard HS in Ft. Lauderdale.

RB Tre Mason was dressed out for practice but didn't do much, especially in team. Still coming back from tight hamstring.

Not participating in practice: S Alexander, CB McGee, CB Gaines, LB Toomer, OL Wichmann, DT Brockers, DT Worthington, DE Long.

For those asking about Brockers, he had the best of excuses: He became a father.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Interesting to see them run two-te sets with Cook in the slot. I don't feel like we utilized that set to our advantage as much as we could of in the past.

Everyone focuses on if Cig can utilize Tavon well this time around but no one's talking about the possibility of Cig utilizing Cook better. It seems we're all resigned to Cook having maxed out his ability but it's important to note that Cook hasn't had consistent QB play nor has he shown the kind of numbers he had at Tenn at the end.
I'm with ya. Add Kendricks to that list.