Official Training Camp Thread - Day 11!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Hammer has seen two practices. The first and the 11th.

The first practice I expect them to be meh. The 10th and 11th seemed lackluster, but still had some good, and a lot of good from the ones in between. To base the team off two practices is asinine.

The guys here who have been to nearly all practices or many I put a lot more stock into.

I will say Hammer does bring some valid points in his ranting, but the majority of it sounds like he is an old guy yelling at kids to get off his lawn in between mumbling to himself about how the prices of potatoes have gone up so much...

Last edited:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Really nice weather today. Great way to wrap up the STL open camps.

I don't agree with his insights. Come Friday, we will all start to get glimpses.
can u provide any more insight? Where do u think he's being excessive?

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
can u provide any more insight? Where do u think he's being excessive?

I can't say I've actually read most of what he's written because it's on RamStalk and that place gives me the creeps.

From my discussions with him:

He doesn't think much of TA and I disagree. I'm not a good judge of route running so I will leave that for the group in real games, but TA flashed many times during camp including long TDs, diving catches, and long runs. Times that Hammer wasn't there. I would say, from my limited exposure, they are working to get TA the ball in the open field or in the flat behind blocking, and I think that is a successful formula for TA and his unique skill set.

He said Robinson lost too much weight and seemed weaker. We'll see.

Foles has indeed looked pedestrian. But it's a new team, a new scheme, and he's in a deep learning curve. I don't think that means Foles WILL be pedestrian in games. But maybe so and maybe it won't even matter.

I don't agree with anyone who has negative things to say about this defense in general.

In the end though, none of us know what this team will look like game one, but in general, I really like where they are going for the most part on both sides of the ball. My biggest concern for the offense at this point is a lack of practising downfield throws. There just wan't much in the second half of the open days.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I'm just super depressed today that after finally getting into this whole training camp scene that it might be not only be my first but my last. It has been such a thrill! I'm so kicking myself in the ass for not doing this before. And I'm just really sad that this might be the end of it.

I haven't been over to that other site and I don't plan on it. We already talked about the comments on Greg Robinson's weight. He looks good to me but I guess we'll have to see how that works. With regard to the Coach Williams comments, it wouldn't be the first time that I've heard him referred to as an egomaniac and the part about blitzing...not the first time that observation was made either. It's pretty easy for me to see though how a fan could be little disgruntled at this point in time.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Marquez possess elite speed, or is he a Danny A. type player that makes things happen?
On that particular play he was running down the sideline and caught the ball in the space just in front of the corner and between a safety. It looked like it might have been a one-handed grab even...not sure...but it was a nifty catch on the run and a good pass too cause the d wasnt bad it was just enough of a crease. Timing was good.

At WR ive noticed him (15 Marquez). The tall guy at 6'5", Isaiah Ferguson (2) has gotten my attention too. Slavin (8) and the vet Williams (10) too. We have a lot of WRs and I see good hands in pitch and catch. We just haven't seen a whole lot of downfield work in practice though.

You will get to you see for yourself soon and I'm looking forward to your report!!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Wow, that stuff written by TheHammer was a tough read. Somehow, my gut tells me he's right. Oh brother, this is going to be hard to watch (again). Anyone who's been attending TC want to comment on Hammer's insights?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And if that's his then it is what it is. The decision to give it validity is yours alone. If all the members of ROD were to attend a single practice there would be a wide variance of opinion and some points of agreement. Much like the chat room on game day.
But there are squeaky wheels.

Things to consider are that they don't keep score, there's a preplanned mutual agenda of work that needs to be done so some plays are not representative of game like situations.
And if you want to know how a player is doing don't watch the player, watch his coach, watch Fisher. Read their body language, good binoculars and you can read their lips.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Maybe Marquez could be a poor mans Victor Cruz?? A guy can dream....

RamBill

Legend
Watch Dani Klupenger and Myles Simmons breakdown the second week of Training Camp. Topics include Nick Foles, the Lindenwood Scrimmage, players who are standing out, injury updates, and Fan questions. (6:05)

Watch Week 2 Rams Report

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And if that's his then it is what it is. The decision to give it validity is yours alone. If all the members of ROD were to attend a single practice there would be a wide variance of opinion and some points of agreement. Much like the chat room on game day.
But there are squeaky wheels.

Things to consider are that they don't keep score, there's a preplanned mutual agenda of work that needs to be done so some plays are not representative of game like situations.
And if you want to know how a player is doing don't watch the player, watch his coach, watch Fisher. Read their body language, good binoculars and you can read their lips.
We have much less people in camp this year in general, and even the few, to one person that are reporting, are saying similar things, because they are grouped together, and discuss things together. All of these reports are appreciated, and I like seeing all points of view, but Yamahopper nails it, this their opinions, so believe them, and don't take them with a spoonful of salt, whatever.

I did see a lot of the things that people reported about previous, in my first exposure to the Rams, but a way too small sample size. This is my first year on this site that we've had so few people reporting. Hammer, and CoachO, do have extensive knowledge of the game, and pretty discerning eyes, but that doesn't make what they see, or opine on, as the true and only. Even amateur (probably not the right word) Rams fans can bring tremendous insight to these practices, and I like reading all of it. We've had first time reporters, who've done a tremendous job for us this year.

Preseason is the time of great hope for me. My team has no losses. I am excited about the season. Rams will ALWAYS be my team, and ALWAYS have been.

GO RAMS!