Official Training Camp Thread - Day 10!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm intrigued by Roberson.
Time to go back and re-watch the 4 games in which he played.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good idea. Have your report on my desk by morning.
200.gif

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
he has pretty good size too. He was pretty good in his short time at UF. Still very young. I think he has great potential

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good idea. Have your report on my desk by morning.
200.gif
Not right now, Lumbergh, I'm kinda busy. In fact, look, I'm gonna have to ask you to just go ahead and come back another time.
I got a meeting with the Bobs in a couple of minutes.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hmmmmmm.

It appears I let my Game Rewind subscription expire.
Don't know if I want to re-up now, or when the season starts.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Hmmmmmm.

It appears I let my Game Rewind subscription expire.
Don't know if I want to re-up now, or when the season starts.

Give me his 4 games and I will report. I've been rewatching a lot of Rams games the past few weeks.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another hot one but the beer guy got the message and started stopping by some. Dude's a piece of work.

@CoachO and @CodeMonkey were there and Hammer made an appearance. Nice to meet you Hammer, great insights. We met a well informed Rams fan named Wendy that needed shade and jumped right in to chat. I was able to arrive early and secure the monster fan AND tent for the crew. No one tipped. o_O Oh, wait, ROD has tipped me and Code Monkey pretended he brought me a beer but pulled it from my hands and drank it, so he almost tipped. :)

Quite frankly, I don't have much to say that won't speak for itself come Friday.

Jones did pretty good from what I could see. Nobody really flashing that we don't expect. TA was hit on a crossing route in the open field and blew doors. Britt made a sweet diving catch and then another over the top of the defender catch. The day was just about 100% rushing and very short passes.

Coach and Hammer are both very concerned about the lack of deep balls at this point in TC. It's getting late and they need a lot of reps to get on the same page.

Hammer thinks Robinson is too light. It was an interesting take that I hadn't considered.

I am officially on the page that this will be a ground and pound team, which still baffles me.

Thanks to the protesters that closed my way home!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
A Few Random Observations:

No massive new revelations today.

It rained about an hour before practice but it wasnt cancelled although the parking lot was closed. The sun came out and it was hot and humid as hell. I had to walk a mile from where I had to park. Although @RamzFanz snagged a spot for us in front of the fan which was nice.

The 101 crew was broadcasting next to us. Demarco Farr actually came over to chat with us (coach mostly) which was cool. Farr made a comment about having four probowl quality defensive linemen and wondered when coach Williams would realize he doesnt have to blitz all the time....probably a rhetorical question.

Got to meet hammer. Dude knows his shit. He's a cool guy and I like him but I can see how he rubs some people the wrong way if you dont know how to take him. He has his opinions and there is no filter. As he says, just being honest.

It is interesting the different perspectives people have. While most of us have expressed excitement at Grobs new body, Hammer raised a concern that Robinson has lost too much weight. People see different things when it comes to Havenstein as well. We will see soon see I suppose.

Punting was something they worked on quite a lot today... hmmmmm

Defense was not nearly as aggressive again today.

It seems odd to me that Jones is listed as the staring center this morning for pre game 1. He seemed to me to be third but what do I know.

They worked on the run game a lot but it was nice to see a little downfield passing as well. They got a nice one to Austin over the middle and and britt looks good running a seam.

A concern was raised by hammer that they dont practice the 3 wide set enough.

One last practice tomorrow.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Thanks to the protesters that closed my way home!

Is that what that was? Those bastards had I 70 closed at rush hour. I assumed there was a dead body. Whatever they were protesting, I am officially against them! Although once i got to 270 it was fairly smooth sailing.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I heard G-Rob's at a representative 315 and Ogletree is playing light as well. If they feel comfortable with it, that's great, but I always seem to hear about guys that have trouble compensating near the end of the season when they continue to wear down due to additional weight loss.

Like I said, I'm assuming these guys and the trainers know better, but I was a bit surprised to hear the low numbers too.

Ram65

Legend
I like that GW isn't giving the defense total props and over the top praise. He will have keep working on some weaknesses. Gave Will Hayes some nice props. I think Hayes was not use to/ready the # of reps he had early. Heck the whole defense wasn't ready. They better come out on fire early this year.