Official Rams@Redskins Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Can't like this enough. Dude gets it out of his players and his teams are mostly in the games. He's got some real fire too.

Fisher....does he care about winning? It's fine for fans to overlook teams. We aren't out there on the freaking field.

But Fisher should be getting more out of this time at this point. Instead, the same stupid crap. Over and over again, with a great game thrown in between.

Can we go steal Gus Malzahn? Maybe he could even get GRob to not suck anymore.

Schotty and Georgia CRUSHED Malzahn and Auburn yesterday. It was a NIGHTMARE I want no part of.

V3

Hall of Fame
Saints just lost at home to Tampa.

We're not the only fanbase feeling like crap right now.
The Saints have at least been good in the last decade+. Easier to swallow that pill when you have somewhat recent success.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
No I'm not thinkging we'll be 1-4 going into the bye this year. We'll see how we do next week vs Pitt at home that could go either way. I still think we beat Az at home. @GB will be a very tough one though. I'm not giving up and I'm not walking away from this season. There are things I don't like that we do but I'm not giving up.

They play in Arizona after the Steelers game. I don't see them going into there and winning. Arizona is on a roll right now. Plus the Rams are inconsistent on the road to say the very least. That's putting it nicely.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
It's all about pride. Washington showed their pride today, we thought this one was in the bag after last week's win and all we had to do was just show up... because we're that good. This week needs to be a gut check and to see if we have enough pride to win in front of our fans. We are playing a team that looks like they are clicking on all cylinders, and they get Bell back next week. We'll see what kind of pride this team has.

Plus Barrett Jones will be provide their defense our playbook, which by the looks of it today ain't much.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jaylon Smith also sounds good to me. Scooby Wright as well.

But a QB of the future might be nice.
I know it's early but which QB's next year are you thinking have that potential? And we giving up on Mannion? He showed a great arm in preseason not sure if he can learn enough to be the guy though.

Mick

Pro Bowler
I just think it's time to move on from Fish....respect him, but think it's time for a change....we routinely show up like today...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Really want to vent about Cook and Britt with their stupidity and unwillingness to block or catch. Really want to vent about Jenkins being beat almost all game. Really want to vent about all of our stupid penalties. Really want to vent about coaching. Really want to vent about how I was proven completely wrong about this team. But there's one guy that I want cut right fucking now: Isaiah Pead.

How DARE you start laughing when they call that penalty on you and make Hekker have to re-kick a perfect fucking punt?! Do you understand how utterly PISSED Hekker looked when he had to re-kick the fucking ball for a third fucking time? Did you perhaps notice that he didn't stop to give you any love on the sidelines? He gave love to Hager and Marquez. He fucking ignored you, you piece of giant Tyrannosaurus shit! Because you were laughing about your idiocy while Hekker was looking and screaming at you, you fucking ASS!

If Fisher doesn't cut this guy tomorrow and put Malcolm Brown or a cornerback in, I'm done. You have to send a message that this kind of shit isn't okay in the slightest.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If I am Kroenke it is very simple: Fisher gets this team into the playoffs or it is time to part ways.

Fish was hired because Kroenke wanted stability for a sad franchise and he has delivered that stability with near-.500 ball while rebuilding the league's worst roster. He also came with the added ability to handle outside BS like the potential move to LA. But he still needs to prove he is the right guy to lead a very talented roster into the future. And furthermore if they lose this season LA won't be a distraction because they'll probably be playing there in a temp stadium for 2016 anyway. At that point if I am the owner I know I need a coach that gives the fan base hope, and that coach is not Jeff Fisher unless he proves it by taking this team into the playoffs.

I'm done drinking the Kool-Aid. I'm pi$$ed off, just angry that they didn't show up because I thought this was the year they finally grow into being able to play up to their ability every week. Time will tell but right now tbh this team looks like most others in the league, up one week down the next, nothing special. No way in hell this is a playoff team the way they stunk up the joint in Washington.

Skins fans probably think I'm overlooking their team and that's fine. Their team played well and deserve credit. But three years ago I knew this team didn't have the talent to expect stringing together of wins. This team does. The roster is effing stacked, but they're still coming out flat after a big win just like previous years. It's BS and I'm tired of it.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The Saints have at least been good in the last decade+. Easier to swallow that pill when you have somewhat recent success.
This, they know that Payton can build a winner and there's comfort there.

All we know is Fisher knows how to beat up some teams, then come back and make excuses for himself when he loses to a team we had no business getting beat up by.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Can't say much. I was working today so I missed the game. I'm home now. I guess I will binge drink myself to sleep. It's too bad they couldn't pull this win. I honestly felt like we should of had the skins.(n)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know it's early but which QB's next year are you thinking have that potential? And we giving up on Mannion? He showed a great arm in preseason not sure if he can learn enough to be the guy though.

Jared Goff

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They play in Arizona after the Steelers game. I don't see them going into there and winning. Arizona is on a roll right now. Plus the Rams are inconsistent on the road to say the very least. That's putting it nicely.

Good point, I knew we were @Az cause I'm going just didn't register. I still think we match up well with Az just like we do the other teams in our division. It all rests imo, this season does, our OLine and our back 7.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

JRobinson

MiLB
Repost from original thread:

I honestly believe that we were a little out coached today. The penalties (personal fouls and encroachment) are specifically mental and not on the coaching staff; and I realize that. However, after half time, after we were punched in the mouth, we responded and started playing the defense we saw in week one. We scored 10 unanswered, the Redskins adjusted, and we did not make a change after that. The Defense, Although giving up millions of rushing yards, kept us from getting blown out. Nick Foles was running out of the pocket, if there was one, and throwing behind receivers all game. Why? First, the protection was very inconsistent and we did not use a "Max protect " formation once. The short game was nonexistent; the running game was nonexistent; the passing game was mediocre at best. I do not believe that our players were put into successful positions to win this game. We were completely off-balanced every snap so it seems. One thing is for sure, the defense was playing hard all game and like I said, kept us in this game to even have a chance.

Maybe I'm just frustrated a little bit, it's always a combination of reasons why you get beat.

At the end of the day, we have a lot of work to do and this week will undoubtably stir up the "same ole' Rams" comments. (I'd hate to be on 'Rams Talk')

Sigh.

Ram65

Legend
The Rams just showed up. No intensity whatsoever. Blame Fisher and players.

How about passing on first down to set up the run game? It wasn't working the other way around.

Last edited:

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought this online was supposed to have run blocking down. Where is that?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Coaching fail, all around.

Both lines got manhandled, literally, the whole game.

Jared Cook, really?

Nick Foles, wow, what the hell was that? You, not only were WAY off target, 99% of the game, but you kept running right into pressure, instead of stepping up in the pocket.

Alec Ogletree, hell of a wasted effort, because nobody else on the team, truly showed up.

Already deleted it off my DVR, no reviewing of this game for me.

One of the poorest overall performances by a talented team, that I can remember. I'm embarrassed for them.