OFFICIAL Rams Free Agency Discussion Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

View: https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/841112066454884352

I don't get it from a playing perspective either. He would get more playing time with the Rams than the Bengals.

He did play at Cincinnati in college though...

Barwin isn't a good 4-3 DE he's a stand up 3-4 backer all the way and he's not good enough to be in coverage near full time like a 4-3 requires. Bengals don't rush their SLB enough. Plus the Bengals typically look for even bigger size than he has at DE.

Plus, he'll get way too much to be a depth player and he has no reason to want to be a depth player

Just makes no sense

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Troy Renck, Broncos insider and one of the guys reporting on the Rams interest in Webster, had a tweet saying the Rams had interest in former Jets center Nick Mangold. He later deleted the tweet so put however much faith into that as you want. I find it odd a Broncos insider would know about that situation also.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure hope that's the final answer.
I just read a story that he has been a special team's ace in Denver, but wanted to play more at CB and that was not an option in Denver.

If he comes here,i hope that he would be open to doing both...We need to keep the Special team's part of the team, strong.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I just read a story that he has been a special team's ace in Denver, but wanted to play more at CB and that was not an option in Denver.

If he comes here,i hope that he would be open to doing both...We need to keep the Special team's part of the team, strong.
Good point. Seems like McVay is hands off in recruitment and lets his coaches make those decisions and recommendations. I'm hoping he let Bones conduct some questions as part of the interview panel.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

KkGTLqA.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If Webster signs he's still gonna have an uphill battle to win a spot, because the Rams are going to draft at least one CB from an epic class and probably won't move Trumaine due to him thinking he deserves a top money contract. With that plus the potential for a guy like Gaines to finally be healthy and Joyner eating at least a nickel spot it's no sure thing.

I'm guessing the Rams' offer is borderline starter money too, for that matter. Otherwise it probably would have been done by now.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
If Webster signs he's still gonna have an uphill battle to win a spot, because the Rams are going to draft at least one CB from an epic class and probably won't move Trumaine due to him thinking he deserves a top money contract. With that plus the potential for a guy like Gaines to finally be healthy and Joyner eating at least a nickel spot it's no sure thing.

I'm guessing the Rams' offer is borderline starter money too, for that matter. Otherwise it probably would have been done by now.

If Webster signs, he's got a spot. You already know Tru isn't gonna sign to extend. So you cant bank on a rookie and Gaines, because that's what you'll be left with next offseason. "If Gaines is healthy" what? That's what everyone said last year and how'd that work out? If anything, Gaines will have an uphill battle getting a spot from Webster.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Hayes, Dolphins, mermaids... Coincidence ??? I think not !!! (I know, I just can't stop myself...I'll quit now,I promise) I like the Whitworth move...I think if they only make one splash move, this is a great choice... I would think that Goff's blood pressure is already leveling off...Woods I'm kind of ambivalent about...I just don't see anything that says big upgrade, if any at all...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If Webster signs, he's got a spot. You already know Tru isn't gonna sign to extend. So you cant bank on a rookie and Gaines, because that's what you'll be left with next offseason. "If Gaines is healthy" what? That's what everyone said last year and how'd that work out? If anything, Gaines will have an uphill battle getting a spot from Webster.

Webster's a marginal talent at CB. He could start for some teams, but he's one of those guys who, if he's starting, you're not ideally set at the position. Not being able to "bank on" a rookie or Gaines is why they are looking at him, sure. But I still doubt the dude starts for us this season. We'll see.

A55VA6

Legend
Webster and Wade Phillips know each other well. I'd like to sign Webster and I assume he'll be decently cheap.

And Center Ryan Groy could be a target. Worked with Kromer in Buffalo.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Threw this up in the other thread.. looks like a contract. May be official within the next hour!

Said to be a special teams demon and a potential star at cb who was stuck behind arguably the best cb corps in league.

GO RAMS LETS GOOOO!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0368.JPG
    IMG_0368.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 142