Official No-Vent Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
keep playing AD, let him get reps and become a great backup. I know there are many here who have very logical arguments otherwise, but we're not going to the playoffs, so why not let the kid develop?

I think everyone has seen enough of Davis. Carson Palmer and even Drew Stanton had an uncanny knack to avoid being sacked just by moving slightly in the pocket. There were so many times that I thought they were going down. Conversely Davis moves all over the place and usually demonstrates an uncanny knack for moving right into the pass rushers. He took some unnecessary sacks again. Pocket presence is more instinctual than learned

TJ looked real good today. I thought he was the best player on the field.

A55VA6

Legend
I just hate how the game ended. If we would have lost a close one, then ok. But the way we just handed the Cardinals points at the end bothered me.

Alan

Legend
With the exception of our FS and CB play (not counting Gaines) I thought our D played really well. Very encouraging and the problems aren't anything we didn't already know about. Some of the CB play was due to their recent injuries I'm sure. Almost there IMO.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Davis was 9 minutes from leading this team to a win.

The pick 6 was a tip. Not a great ball, but also not impossible to catch. It's on Davis and he needs to be better about that, but Peterson also did an All-Pro move to make that INT. Most guys don't even make that INT, let alone take it to the house.

The sack was much more a function of Schotty not seemingly giving Davis an easy hot route. I keep looking and where Sam Bradford was Captain Checkdown, it seems Davis doesn't have a checkdown in sight. On a sack, there's no RB, WR or TE as a safety valve in case of a blitz. I just don't get that. You have essentially a rookie QB, why not give him a bail out? It's almost like they're expecting him to do more than Sam.

If we're going to be brutally honest about Davis' shortcomings, then we need to be brutally honest about his capabilities.

I think Davis is a capable QB and is capable of being a solid #2 in this league going forward.

We can be fans all we like, but we can't ignore that Fisher's the HC and he's not a guy who runs away from his QB unless he gives him a reason. I dunno that the end of this game was that reason.

We'll see soon enough, though.

C'mon man. On his first interception he had tavon open in the flat. He chose to go to givens. He has to know which throws he can and can't make.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
keep playing AD, let him get reps and become a great backup. I know there are many here who have very logical arguments otherwise, but we're not going to the playoffs, so why not let the kid develop?

What's more important, him developing or the young wrs developing? Which ones will be starters for the rams next season and beyond?

fancents86

Starter
Gaines is a beast. JL took control of the defense, Donald and Quinn looked great, GRob did good, both running backs did a great job.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
C'mon man. On his first interception he had tavon open in the flat. He chose to go to givens. He has to know which throws he can and can't make.

Agree that the first interception is all on him - that was VERY bad. The second was on Britt though. Not a great throw, but he needs to come down with that!

This Oline is just not protecting at all. Davis made plenty of mistakes, but Bradford would break back there with this protection. Did anyone else notice how much protection Stanton got when he came in? Cards were determined to give him time and protection...

69superbowl

Rookie
These Rams are fragile; very, very fragile.

But they are improving and are fun to watch when you aren't throwing stuff around the room. At least they implode quickly.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I said it last week when it happened...

It's a good thing for Palmer that he signed that contact before Sunday.

fearsomefour

Legend
Defense played well. We are seeing them coming together. Cook had a nice game. WR's are getting open. More than in seasons past. Mason looks like he can lock down the starter for us. This team fights to the end. This is definitely becoming a defense that teams don't want to face the rest of the season.
The Cardinals moved the ball at will nearly the entire second half. Ogletree made a nice pick in the Rams redzone and their kicker missed a FG. The D dominated the first half and was moved on the second half....it is progressing for sure though.

fearsomefour

Legend
The oline played better, generally, the fist half. I did notice Wells getting to the second level and making some nice blocks. Olgetree starting to get it is a big plus as he is a difference maker when he is locked in. Mcdonald was all over the place. The ability to read where the pressure is coming from and get rid of the ball quickly with accuracy is what this game was about to me, on both sides. I like Davis, like another poster said he needs to know what throws he can make well. Floating the ball a bit....youve have to be on time with your throws or your toast. There is no way to short cut the mental part of the game for Davis or anyone else.
Good effort on Sunday.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Work with Davis? Davis is done. No way they start him again.

Next week we will finally get to see what this team can do with an experienced QB.
I for one sure hope your right. We played very well for the first three quarters, we needed to finish it! Donald looked like a monster out their, and Loved the way Barron Played!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Defense put us in a position to win late in the game, we just couldn't finish. Cards knew we wanted to run the clock so they stuffed the box and forced us to throw. Too many third and long and we couldn't convert. Oh, well I was 2-4 this weekend with my son's team continuing their push towards another national championship and my high school winning and advancing to the semi-finals in the State Class A playoffs. Another week and another chance to cheer my teams to victory.

GO RAMS!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I expecting to win (as I do every week). Sucks the way it ended but really like what I seen from the defense. Gaines had a big play in the end zone, tree looked really good, Donald continues to impress and Barron looked very good and liked him on the blitz.

Effort was there and it was a good game for 54 minutes on the road. We are every bit as good as the Cardinals. The only thing to vent about is the disparity in the records.

And the fact that our once promising young passer only sinks to new lows. Other than that, I'm good.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No venting huh? Ok, I'll give it a try....

Umm.....

I made risotto with brown rice. And it was good.

Thats all I got