Official No-Vent Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Davis was 9 minutes from leading this team to a win.

The pick 6 was a tip. Not a great ball, but also not impossible to catch. It's on Davis and he needs to be better about that, but Peterson also did an All-Pro move to make that INT. Most guys don't even make that INT, let alone take it to the house.

The sack was much more a function of Schotty not seemingly giving Davis an easy hot route. I keep looking and where Sam Bradford was Captain Checkdown, it seems Davis doesn't have a checkdown in sight. On a sack, there's no RB, WR or TE as a safety valve in case of a blitz. I just don't get that. You have essentially a rookie QB, why not give him a bail out? It's almost like they're expecting him to do more than Sam.

If we're going to be brutally honest about Davis' shortcomings, then we need to be brutally honest about his capabilities.

I think Davis is a capable QB and is capable of being a solid #2 in this league going forward.

We can be fans all we like, but we can't ignore that Fisher's the HC and he's not a guy who runs away from his QB unless he gives him a reason. I dunno that the end of this game was that reason.

We'll see soon enough, though.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Yep, we are very close. Once we take care of the QB and OL positions, we will be good to go, imo. We have a few other areas of need, but those are a priority to me.

RamzFanz

Damnit
No way Fisher is gonna bench Davis. I'll put money on that, and I never bet. We're gonna have to put up with Davis til we get someone else. At least the defense is coming on.

Hopefully next year it won't take the defense 6 or 7 weeks to show up. If the offense can get it together we'll be a good team.

We'll see.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Our D has put together two decent games on the road, giving up 10 and 17 points respectively, and the latter came against a good O with a good QB and some excellent WR's. Kept the team in the game until the O made sure we were out of it with 2 TD's directly of TO's. Gregg Williams' hot seat is getting cooler, the product on the D side of the ball is getting hotter.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Barron is our Adrian Wilson. LOVE that guy.

He did knock out the QB, after all.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Damn exciting game....see yall tomorrow...I love ROD!!!!! Damn I keep betting on my Rams!!!! Offense was tough to watch for 3 games now...what happened to that bunch that played Dallas?

I don't feel too bad, just butt hurt...We could be Chicago....

Happy about the play of Mark Barron....Alec Ogletree is back...And my man TJ McDonald...D-Line kills it again...Greg Williams is the sh!t....Trust me, Schotty aint the problem...And Wells & Joseph aint the best, but there were plays to be made out there...Damn I miss Brian Quick, if DGB is like him, I want another big wr....
Tavon showed flashes...thought he was ready to bounce back after a rough last week...I saw some frustration on some of the receivers...Especially Sted...Cook flashed..Mason...
I'd draft a LB-QB-OG...seriously...roll with Barrett Jones...roll tide...grab me a talented wr that fell too...

WE ARE SO CLOSE, I CAN TASTE IT!!!!!(y):cool::giggle:

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Davis was 9 minutes from leading this team to a win.

The pick 6 was a tip. Not a great ball, but also not impossible to catch. It's on Davis and he needs to be better about that, but Peterson also did an All-Pro move to make that INT. Most guys don't even make that INT, let alone take it to the house.

The sack was much more a function of Schotty not seemingly giving Davis an easy hot route. I keep looking and where Sam Bradford was Captain Checkdown, it seems Davis doesn't have a checkdown in sight. On a sack, there's no RB, WR or TE as a safety valve in case of a blitz. I just don't get that. You have essentially a rookie QB, why not give him a bail out? It's almost like they're expecting him to do more than Sam.

If we're going to be brutally honest about Davis' shortcomings, then we need to be brutally honest about his capabilities.

I think Davis is a capable QB and is capable of being a solid #2 in this league going forward.

We can be fans all we like, but we can't ignore that Fisher's the HC and he's not a guy who runs away from his QB unless he gives him a reason. I dunno that the end of this game was that reason.

We'll see soon enough, though.
Why is he essentially a rookie? He has had 3 years to learn the system. A luxury that rookies do not get. IMO a 3rd year QB should be able to read the defense and call his own hot route at the line of scrimmage. He knows the system, and any quarterback in the NFL should be able to read defenses, so I don't think that is an excuse because IMO he isn't a rookie. Schotty even said he trusts Davis enough to change the plays if necessary.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Personally, I think they are a couple of second year contract players away from being legitimate. I think that's a LG, C, FS, LB and a QB away.

I personally think we are just a QB and RG away from being legitimate. Probably just a QB even.

Walter

Rookie
I expected them to win today. I really did. And it was close except for the brutal 4 minutes in the 4th quarter. While somewhat numb, I almost broke stuff during the 4th quarter. I am calm now and really wishing that with all the drama with this team that finding a quarterback would not be a problem in 2014, and beyond. That's the way it goes, adapt and overcome.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
We're so close - but that's whats killing me. We always seem so close but we're a million miles away at the same time.

V3

Hall of Fame
Work with Davis? Davis is done. No way they start him again.

Next week we will finally get to see what this team can do with an experienced QB.
Can we make this a ROD bet? I bet Davis plays next week.

iced

i'm sorry but anyone thinks that tip ball is on anyone besides Britt is kidding themselves, imo. I can almost guarantee you Torry Holt would say "if you can touch it with both hands you have to catch it"

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
No venting just repititious cycling from me ...

4 months of frustration followed by 8 months of hope ... year in , year out.

images

... still ... GO RAMS !!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Defense played excellent, overall. I thought our RB's played really well, too. Barron was an absolute monster out there. Looks like he's find the perfect landing spot for his skill set.

I love the direction we are headed despite the tough loss. I have confidence we can find a really good option at back up QB that can win games like today.

The overall progress of this team from week 1 one is where I'd hoped it'd be barring a few positions. Next year should be our year with good QB play. The talent shined today.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I missed the game entirely today. I have nothing to vent about. Was at Wizard World ComicCon all day!!

Nothing could ruin this day.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm actually not getting crap for this loss! People saw...

You know I actually posted "touchdown here wins it" on FB right after we got the ball back and knocked our Palmer. That's how close we were. On the 50, 3rd and two.

I just need a few QB's, that's it! We're lucky to be Rams fans!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I expecting to win (as I do every week). Sucks the way it ended but really like what I seen from the defense. Gaines had a big play in the end zone, tree looked really good, Donald continues to impress and Barron looked very good and liked him on the blitz.

Effort was there and it was a good game for 54 minutes on the road. We are every bit as good as the Cardinals. The only thing to vent about is the disparity in the records.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
keep playing AD, let him get reps and become a great backup. I know there are many here who have very logical arguments otherwise, but we're not going to the playoffs, so why not let the kid develop?