Official NFL Combine Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Price is a consensus 1st round pick. I'm not so sure he makes it to the third, even with the injury.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Wait, ... am I missing the Victoria Secrets Lingerie Bowl ?

sexy-shoulder-pad-girls-3.jpg

Sexy-Cheerleader-Uniform.jpg

ShoulderPads1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
There is nothing better that doesn't require full nudity than a quality underboob shot. Well done!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
There is an opportunity if they trade back in round 1 and get an extra late 3rd, then maybe that is when you grab a guy like Price at a discounted price.

Hell ya, lets do this!!!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
There is an opportunity if they trade back in round 1 and get an extra late 3rd, then maybe that is when you grab a guy like Price at a discounted price.

Even with the injury, it's hard to see teams at the bottom of the first passing on him.

Heck, if he lasts until 23, I can't see why the Rams would pass on him.

Get Sully back for a year or two, work Price into the RG spot and then have him take over at C in a year or two.

Honestly, if Willis McGahee can still go in the first round with HIS level of injury, I think a player who's considered as much of a lock to succeed as Price won't last much past us.

Honestly, if he makes it to 23, I think our phone will be blowing up so that guys can trade up to get him at that spot.

If I'm Les, I say, "Go Fish" and take Billy Price at that spot.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams took him at 23 with him possibly missing the whole season the amount of pissing and moaning would be of astronomical proportions.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If the Rams took him at 23 with him possibly missing the whole season the amount of pissing and moaning would be of astronomical proportions.
True and also true that they could really give a flying fuck if fans piss and moan on player issues. Which is exactly how I want it to be.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In the 2013 draft we signed a C/G named Barrett Jones in the 4th round despite the fact that he was coming off a terrible injury. He had won the Rimington trophy as the best center in college football. He washed out and never made it past the practice squad level on 4 different teams.

Be wary of college players who enter the NFL with a history of serious injuries. See Sam Bradford as another example. Some players do fine and recover enough to contribute in the NFL, while many don't. Just saying.

A torn bicep is not nearly as serious as a lis franc injury. Lis franc injuries are usually career enders. Jones also benefited greatly from his supporting cast at Alabama. He never was strong enough to start. A torn bicep however could be healed before camp is over. My brother tore his pec and never had it fixed. He said it gets sore but nothing that affects him.

Even with the injury, it's hard to see teams at the bottom of the first passing on him.

Heck, if he lasts until 23, I can't see why the Rams would pass on him.

Get Sully back for a year or two, work Price into the RG spot and then have him take over at C in a year or two.

Honestly, if Willis McGahee can still go in the first round with HIS level of injury, I think a player who's considered as much of a lock to succeed as Price won't last much past us.

Honestly, if he makes it to 23, I think our phone will be blowing up so that guys can trade up to get him at that spot.

If I'm Les, I say, "Go Fish" and take Billy Price at that spot.

If it is a torn bicep it isn't likely to affect his draft position much if at all. He would be a good pick for the Rams at 23 if the injury isn't any worse.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Time to get our 1st look at the Boy's in Shorts!! LOL O-Lineman are running right now!:D

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-snead-nfl-combine-20180301-story.html

Rams general manager Les Snead is in a hurry to make his team better
By GARY KLEIN

NJK37G7HMJHJJPUCEN6MOEUTMU.jpg

Wally Skalij / Los Angeles Times

The circumstances surrounding Les Snead's appearance before reporters at the NFL scouting combine Thursday were in stark contrast to a year ago.

In February 2017, Snead faced an uncertain future as the Rams' general manager.

The team had finished the season 4-12. Jeff Fisher, hired in 2012 along with Snead, had been fired and replaced by unproven Sean McVay, the youngest coach in modern NFL history.

To many observers, the Rams' 2016 predraft decision to trade up to the No. 1 spot and select quarterback Jared Goff looked like a major mistake.

And they blamed Snead.

But a year later, Snead — and the Rams — are riding high.

Under McVay and his new staff, Goff developed into a top-10 passer, the Rams led the NFL in scoring and they won the NFC West title.

Snead pulled off another headline-grabbing predraft trade last week by acquiring star cornerback Marcus Peters from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for draft picks, none in the first round.

Snead acknowledged Thursday that the heat was off and thanked owner Stan Kroenke and chief operating officer Kevin Demoff for keeping him in the fold after the 2016 season.

"I was fortunate that Stan and Kevin gave me that chance to stay on," Snead said during a hallway interview at the Indiana Convention Center. "They had seen some things over the years that they felt, 'OK, we're going to give Les a chance to work with Sean.'

"I'm fortunate to enjoy some of the fruits that were planted not just last offseason, but offseasons before. Some people in this league don't get that chance. And for that, I'll always be grateful."

Throughout the Rams' turnaround season, McVay made no secret of his appreciation for the personnel moves that Snead had engineered after McVay was hired in January 2017.

Before last season, the Rams signed free-agent receiver Robert Woods and offensive linemen Andrew Whitworth and John Sullivan. They drafted tight end Gerald Everett, receivers Cooper Kupp and Josh Reynolds and safety John Johnson. They also traded for receiver Sammy Watkins.

The Rams' agreement to acquire Peters, a two-time Pro Bowl player, will cost only $1.7 million in the upcoming season. The salary-cap friendly trade, which provides the Rams with flexibility in free agency and the draft, will not become official until the NFL's new league year begins March 14.

Snead, who feared tampering charges, jokingly tried to cut off any questions about the deal as he stepped to a podium before reporters in the interview room.

"We should probably just do this on March 14," he said. "I'll be able to elaborate. But since it's March 1st we'll get 15 minutes in."

Snead deflected questions about Peters but answered one about his own growing reputation for making predraft trades.

"It's an urgency to get better," he said of his philosophy. "It's an urgency to improve. You have things you want to address and there's a lot of avenues to address them.

"And then, just like some offensive coordinators, you like to attack. You like to put it in two-minute mode and get things done."

la-sp-rams-mcvay-nfl-combine-20180228

Snead has a full agenda this week.

He is evaluating and interviewing prospects, and talking business with other general managers. In 2016, the trade with the Tennessee Titans that catapulted the Rams to the top of the draft and netted Goff had its genesis at the combine.

"You want it to work out for both sides," Titans general manager Jon Robinson said of the deal this week. "I am sure they're glad they made the trade and we are as well."

Snead and other team executives also are scheduled to meet with agents representing Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

The NFL's defensive player of the year is entering the final year of a contract that will pay him about $6.9 million this season. He is seeking a new deal that will make him the NFL's highest-paid defensive player.

Snead also is attempting to re-sign pending free agents, including safety Lamarcus Joyner and receiver Watkins.

"Obviously, Aaron's important," Snead said. "But we've got it budgeted that we'll be able to sign someone tomorrow if Aaron's not first. So that's all worked out."

The Rams used the franchise tag the last two seasons on cornerback Trumaine Johnson, another pending free agent.

Joyner or Watkins are regarded as potential candidates for the franchise tag if the Rams are unable to work out deals by March 6, the deadline for applying the tag.

"We definitely know we've got it, and we know we've got to use it strategically," Snead said of the tag, which can be applied to only one player. "How we do that will depend on the next few weeks. But we're well aware it's in the back pocket. And we're also trying to get things done without using it."

The addition of Peters takes pressure off the Rams to specifically target a cornerback with the 23rd pick in the April 26-28 draft.

They can turn part of their focus to edge rushers and building depth along the offensive and defensive fronts.

Several mock drafts have the Rams choosing Ohio State center Billy Price with their first pick. Price, who also plays guard, reportedly suffered an injury Thursday during bench-press testing. He did not appear with other offensive linemen at a scheduled media session.

Asked if the Rams would consider choosing a center in the first round, Snead said it was possible, citing the Dallas Cowboys' selection of Travis Frederick with the 31st pick in 2013.

"That is conceivable, but you want it to be the right one," he said, adding, "I remember when Dallas did Travis Frederick. It was, 'Oh they took a center? Why would you take a center?'

"However many years later, they supposedly had the best line in the league."

As he did a day after the season ended, Snead told reporters he constantly reminds himself to remember what it felt like on the drive home after the Rams lost to the Atlanta Falcons in a wild-card playoff game.

Snead said he wrote the phrase "Remember the Feeling" at the top of a computer document he checks occasionally. He uses it as motivation.

"Every now and then, I change colors," he said. "Because you know how it is, you psychologically see it over the day — and it's like, 'Oh wait, I didn't notice that today.'

"So I put it in italics."

Snead's handwriting is all over a roster that he began to build six years ago, and he will continue to reshape it in the coming months.

"Our goal from a philosophical standpoint was, 'OK, let's acquire as much young talent as possible so that as they get experience and grow, and when we do tip, there's a chance for sustainability, because you did it with a long-term approach in mind.'"

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Time to get our 1st look at the Boy's in Shorts!! LOL O-Lineman are running right now!:D
Got any favorites Dave?

I like that kid outta Iowa...the center in the first group....Miller from UCLA is surprising...but I didn't like him in some games....I like that kid outta Va Tech....Teller...

And of course I like that small school kid that ran a 4.9.....think he was sick during the senior bowl.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-snead-nfl-combine-20180301-story.html

Rams general manager Les Snead is in a hurry to make his team better
By GARY KLEIN

NJK37G7HMJHJJPUCEN6MOEUTMU.jpg

Wally Skalij / Los Angeles Times

The circumstances surrounding Les Snead's appearance before reporters at the NFL scouting combine Thursday were in stark contrast to a year ago.

In February 2017, Snead faced an uncertain future as the Rams' general manager.

The team had finished the season 4-12. Jeff Fisher, hired in 2012 along with Snead, had been fired and replaced by unproven Sean McVay, the youngest coach in modern NFL history.

To many observers, the Rams' 2016 predraft decision to trade up to the No. 1 spot and select quarterback Jared Goff looked like a major mistake.

And they blamed Snead.

But a year later, Snead — and the Rams — are riding high.

Under McVay and his new staff, Goff developed into a top-10 passer, the Rams led the NFL in scoring and they won the NFC West title.

Snead pulled off another headline-grabbing predraft trade last week by acquiring star cornerback Marcus Peters from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for draft picks, none in the first round.

Snead acknowledged Thursday that the heat was off and thanked owner Stan Kroenke and chief operating officer Kevin Demoff for keeping him in the fold after the 2016 season.

"I was fortunate that Stan and Kevin gave me that chance to stay on," Snead said during a hallway interview at the Indiana Convention Center. "They had seen some things over the years that they felt, 'OK, we're going to give Les a chance to work with Sean.'

"I'm fortunate to enjoy some of the fruits that were planted not just last offseason, but offseasons before. Some people in this league don't get that chance. And for that, I'll always be grateful."

Throughout the Rams' turnaround season, McVay made no secret of his appreciation for the personnel moves that Snead had engineered after McVay was hired in January 2017.

Before last season, the Rams signed free-agent receiver Robert Woods and offensive linemen Andrew Whitworth and John Sullivan. They drafted tight end Gerald Everett, receivers Cooper Kupp and Josh Reynolds and safety John Johnson. They also traded for receiver Sammy Watkins.

The Rams' agreement to acquire Peters, a two-time Pro Bowl player, will cost only $1.7 million in the upcoming season. The salary-cap friendly trade, which provides the Rams with flexibility in free agency and the draft, will not become official until the NFL's new league year begins March 14.

Snead, who feared tampering charges, jokingly tried to cut off any questions about the deal as he stepped to a podium before reporters in the interview room.

"We should probably just do this on March 14," he said. "I'll be able to elaborate. But since it's March 1st we'll get 15 minutes in."

Snead deflected questions about Peters but answered one about his own growing reputation for making predraft trades.

"It's an urgency to get better," he said of his philosophy. "It's an urgency to improve. You have things you want to address and there's a lot of avenues to address them.

"And then, just like some offensive coordinators, you like to attack. You like to put it in two-minute mode and get things done."

la-sp-rams-mcvay-nfl-combine-20180228

Snead has a full agenda this week.

He is evaluating and interviewing prospects, and talking business with other general managers. In 2016, the trade with the Tennessee Titans that catapulted the Rams to the top of the draft and netted Goff had its genesis at the combine.

"You want it to work out for both sides," Titans general manager Jon Robinson said of the deal this week. "I am sure they're glad they made the trade and we are as well."

Snead and other team executives also are scheduled to meet with agents representing Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

The NFL's defensive player of the year is entering the final year of a contract that will pay him about $6.9 million this season. He is seeking a new deal that will make him the NFL's highest-paid defensive player.

Snead also is attempting to re-sign pending free agents, including safety Lamarcus Joyner and receiver Watkins.

"Obviously, Aaron's important," Snead said. "But we've got it budgeted that we'll be able to sign someone tomorrow if Aaron's not first. So that's all worked out."

The Rams used the franchise tag the last two seasons on cornerback Trumaine Johnson, another pending free agent.

Joyner or Watkins are regarded as potential candidates for the franchise tag if the Rams are unable to work out deals by March 6, the deadline for applying the tag.

"We definitely know we've got it, and we know we've got to use it strategically," Snead said of the tag, which can be applied to only one player. "How we do that will depend on the next few weeks. But we're well aware it's in the back pocket. And we're also trying to get things done without using it."

The addition of Peters takes pressure off the Rams to specifically target a cornerback with the 23rd pick in the April 26-28 draft.

They can turn part of their focus to edge rushers and building depth along the offensive and defensive fronts.

Several mock drafts have the Rams choosing Ohio State center Billy Price with their first pick. Price, who also plays guard, reportedly suffered an injury Thursday during bench-press testing. He did not appear with other offensive linemen at a scheduled media session.

Asked if the Rams would consider choosing a center in the first round, Snead said it was possible, citing the Dallas Cowboys' selection of Travis Frederick with the 31st pick in 2013.

"That is conceivable, but you want it to be the right one," he said, adding, "I remember when Dallas did Travis Frederick. It was, 'Oh they took a center? Why would you take a center?'

"However many years later, they supposedly had the best line in the league."

As he did a day after the season ended, Snead told reporters he constantly reminds himself to remember what it felt like on the drive home after the Rams lost to the Atlanta Falcons in a wild-card playoff game.

Snead said he wrote the phrase "Remember the Feeling" at the top of a computer document he checks occasionally. He uses it as motivation.

"Every now and then, I change colors," he said. "Because you know how it is, you psychologically see it over the day — and it's like, 'Oh wait, I didn't notice that today.'

"So I put it in italics."

Snead's handwriting is all over a roster that he began to build six years ago, and he will continue to reshape it in the coming months.

"Our goal from a philosophical standpoint was, 'OK, let's acquire as much young talent as possible so that as they get experience and grow, and when we do tip, there's a chance for sustainability, because you did it with a long-term approach in mind.'"
So the article is about Snead - very little mention of McVey and yet the picture. What? Is Snead Big Foot and no one can get a picture of him?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Y'all see LVE's measurements? He's living up to my Urlacher comparison:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like that kid outta Iowa...the center in the first group....Miller from UCLA is surprising...but I didn't like him in some games....I like that kid outta Va Tech....Teller...

You know Champ... It would not surprise me to see Miller be one of those guys who develops into a fine OT in this league for many years. He's just a really big and solid player and his performance at the combine thus far has really impressed. Way teams reach on OTs plus Brown's recent combine misfortune means he made himself some money IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Y'all see LVE's measurements? He's living up to my Urlacher comparison:

Tape plus measurables is a great combination. Dude is a legit round one ILB. I'll be surprised if someone gets him round two.