Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Alshon should be at the top of our list.. If not him Garcon

FA Wideouts are going to view the Rams much differently this offseason. We now have a chance to attract them.

FAs period, for that matter. Defensive guys love Wade too. This offseason is already amazing, but it's gonna get even better to watch them fill a few key additions in FA. Can't wait!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Alshon should be at the top of our list..

He's definitely at the top of mine. We've been bitching about a true # 1 WR for near on a decade, it's time to grab that guy who can actually make plays for our young QB. Don't look back, just pull the trigger and get him in horns.

jap

Legend
Alshon Jeffery will be a risk pick up. Next drug violation will cost 10 games. Lot's of money and lot's of risk.

If he has an accurate QB like Jared tossing him the rock and a stud RB like the renovated Gurley Express! trucking with the rock, perhaps he will no longer have reason to get wasted on drugs. If he doesn't look salvageable just move on to the next WR posibility.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I can't overemphasize the importance of this upcoming OL coach hire.

Callahan would be a dream come true.

Probably a long shot, but if there's anybody that can whip this OL into shape, it's Bill Callahan.

Maybe the Redskins would allow if it involved a promotion to, say, Asst HC/OL coach?

If Callahan is off the table, gotta trust McVay to make another REAL good choice for OL.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
How about Alshon AND Garcon? :sneaky: Let's do it Demoff and Snead. Find a way to make it happen

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want the Rams to at the very least interview Norv Turner for the OC position. Some think that his offense and coach Mac's won't be on the same page but I want Coach Mac to make that determination.

Turner is a lot like Wade Phillips, very respected and qualified to run a modern NFL offense.
Get on the horn NOW!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

Won't happen with Norv, he and McVay run totally different offense. Keep in mind the OC will be in name only because McVay will be calling the plays, that's why I think he's focusing on guys that can oversee the OL as well just like Bill Callahan in Washington.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I can't overemphasize the importance of this upcoming OL coach hire.

Callahan would be a dream come true.

Probably a long shot, but if there's anybody that can whip this OL into shape, it's Bill Callahan.

Maybe the Redskins would allow if it involved a promotion to, say, Asst HC/OL coach?

If Callahan is off the table, gotta trust McVay to make another REAL good choice for OL.
I definitely like the idea of Callahan on our staff if McVay can make it happen even as OC since McVay is calling the plays

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the defense and ST in hand, and McVay calling plays, I could see him going with a less experienced guy, can cultivate him the way it worked for him in Washington. How about Groh? That is if we cant get a Callahan or Kroemer type

I wonder if Gruden and McVay had an agreement that the Rams wouldn't request permission to talk to Callahan. The two guys are clearly close, and knowing that the Skins would obviously decline and that could put Gruden is a potentially bad situation, that they agreed they would take him off radar?

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sean mcvay is going to be calling his own plays. What do we need from our oc then? Just a guy who can control the team?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I think it opens the door for him to groom a guy the way he was groomed
Yep and the guy that took his spot at TE coach in Washington, is none other then Wesley Phillips, son of Wade our DC. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if he's the pick.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Won't happen with Norv, he and McVay run totally different offense. Keep in mind the OC will be in name only because McVay will be calling the plays, that's why I think he's focusing on guys that can oversee the OL as well just like Bill Callahan in Washington.
Yeah. I like Norv, but McVay runs a WCO I assume. Compared to Norvs Zampese/Coreyell

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want the Rams to at the very least interview Norv Turner for the OC position. Some think that his offense and coach Mac's won't be on the same page but I want Coach Mac to make that determination.

Turner is a lot like Wade Phillips, very respected and qualified to run a modern NFL offense.
Get on the horn NOW!!

~ArkyRamsFan~
I agree with Den, this won't happen for a couple reasons. One they run different offenses and Norv is well known for his stance of his way or the highway. Also McVay said he'll call the plays. Norv would never accept that.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I agree with Dennis, this won't happen for a couple reasons. One they run different offenses and Norvasc is well known for his stance of his was or the highway. Also McVay said he'll call the plays. Norvasc would never accept that.
Your phone auto-correct is balls.