Official Cardinals@Rams Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I am a HUGE Mike Martz fan, but unless he were only the QB coach, I'd hope he stayed away from Rams Park.

TheBunk

Rookie
This is beyond freaking ridiculous. The offense put them in position for 3 with the fumble. The Cardinals gained 274 yards on 64 plays.

The defense killed it out there. They are the only reason we were in that game.
Yet we didn't take advantage of their offensive situation. There's some plays that the D had to make out there but didn't. In a game like that the fumble HAS to be recovered, the HAVE to get those picks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There was nothing wrong with the defense tonight. No touchdowns allowed AGAIN.
Come on people...

Amen.

Does anyone happen to know how many times the Cardinals got in the red-zone? ONE TIME.

And they got the ball at the St. Louis 27 on that drive due to a Mason fumble.

The defense did their job.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Gee. What I want the Rams to do on offense will never happen, but I really believe that if they did it, they'd win more games and be in the playoffs. Oh well........nevermind.:cry::cry:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Dammnit this should've been an easy win. If you would have told me we would hold Arizona to no touchdowns and 12 points, I would've taken that all day long. Sure, their defense is tough, but cmon they're offense is horrible. Throw in the fact they had their 3rd stringer out there, and WE LOSE?!!

Cook should've stayed home. Terrible effort and stupid mistakes. Apparently tavon should've gotten the same memo since shotty decided to give Austin a bye week.
And what the fuck was up with the no-rhythm offensive play calling. I swear every time mason got a solid chunk of yards on first, shotty would call 2 goddamn throws right in a row!! Bro, pound the damn thing!!! The edge was working for us and yet we got away from that and forced it up the middle instead way too many times.
And what the hell was up with that bs call at the one. Pound the damn thing in and if not then go for it again on 4th!. On d on their one would've been a great worse case scenerio esp. Bc you have lindley in at qb so you know they would in all likelihood be calling a run on their own one.

Annnd finally.. Someone please tell joseph to find a new profession. Who knows, maybe he could turn out to be a decent wrestler like our last POS lineman we threw in as a filler. GARBAGE

We should have won this one boys, instead we're looking at 7-9 for the third straight year. FUGGGG!!!!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The worst feeling isn't losing. It's being so used to losing that it becomes natural to accept. We might not have a decent season for a long, long, long time but when we finally crack the surface and win something, it will feel like a greater high than other fans get. We just have to remember that the best stories start with hardships.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am a HUGE Mike Martz fan, but unless he were only the QB coach, I'd hope he stayed away from Rams Park.
Not really saying I want mike martz. But think about what he would do with tavon and cook even Britt. I think Britt played his best game he beat Peterson so many times today Hill just couldn't see him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am devastated....I can't believe we lost this game, but then I look at the OLine and the QB position after the loss.......Man, we need an upgrade at QB, Center, and at OG

Memphis Ram

Legend
Dammnit this should've been an easy win. If you would have told me we would hold Arizona to no touchdowns and 12 points, I would've taken that all day long. Sure, their defense is tough, but cmon they're offense is horrible. Throw in the fact they had their 3rd stringer out there, and WE LOSE?!!

Cook should've stayed home. Terrible effort and stupid mistakes. Apparently tavon should've gotten the same memo since snhtty decided to give Austin a bye week.
And what the freak was up with the no-rhythm offensive play calling. I swear every time mason got a solid chunk of yards on first, shotty would call 2 goddamn throws right in a row!! Bro, pound the damn thing!!! The edge was working for us and yet we got away from that and forcing it up the middle instead.
And what the he was up with that bs call at the one. Pound the damn thing in and if not then go for it again. On d on their one would've been a great worse case scenerio esp. Bc you have lundley in at qb so you k ow a run would be coming.

Annnd finally.. Someone please tell joseph to find a new profession. Who knows, maybe GE could turn out to a decent wrestler like our last POSlineman we threw in as a filler.

We should have won this one boys, instead we're looking at 7-9 for the third straight year. FUGGGG!!!!
tumblr_lrrcfn4HSL1qzn1iso1_500.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yet we didn't take advantage of their offensive situation. There's some plays that the D had to make out there but didn't. In a game like that the fumble HAS to be recovered, the HAVE to get those picks.

Bull.

We did take advantage. We shut them the fuck down. They got into the red-zone one time. They averaged 4.3 yards per play. They scored 0 TDs. They scored only 12 points and 3 of those 12 are on the offense.

The ball bounces the way it bounces. You can't help that. The offense went 3 and out again and again. And yet the defense continued to hold. They kept the game close.

The offense blew it.

Your criticism is completely unfair. Jenkins is supposed to make two diving INTs? He's supposed to recover a ball he didn't know was there until too late? A fumble that HE FORCED. McLeod is supposed to pick off passes that just didn't bounce his way?

Shit happens. The defense got unlucky bounce after unlucky bounce and still held it together. Lets be honest, if this game played out the same way it did 10 times, in at least 5 of those 10 games, we would have forced 3-4 turnovers. We just didn't get the lucky bounces tonight.

Mason's fumble bounces right to the Arizona defender. Arizona's fumble ends up just far enough behind Jenkins and far enough in front of Laurinaitis that Arizona's guy can recover it. Arizona's deflected passes just seem to find a way to avoid any Rams defender. Jenkins is inches from making two diving INTs.

We got terrible bounces tonight. But the defense still managed to shut Arizona down. The offense managed to shut itself down.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
There is no vent to be had from me. I was there and know all we need is a good QB and some studs on the interior of the OL.

We needed Hill to be on his A game, he brought his C game. I don't know if he threw a spiral all night. His throws were all over the place and he missed some key reads that would have resulted in big plays. His experience is valuable, he knows what he's doing. But it's very clear he should not be in STL next year with anything much more than the vet minimum.

Don't even get me started on Davis. I know he's not the answer. But alas, somebody has to teach our new QB's the system. The only one we cannot cut is Bradford. That's it!

I'd welcome Cutler at this point, but Sam has to take a big pay cut to land him and keep Sam. There is no good solution here.

I have a hard a hard time believing we can hit on a second round QB that can play like Carr has this year.

A trade for Carr would be a dream, though!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Who is the worse OG, Jacob Bell or Davin Joseph?

Yes I'm on an anti-Joseph (and Wells) crusade tonight. Raise your hand if you can blame me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who is the worse OG, Jacob Bell or Davin Joseph?

Yes I'm on an anti-Joseph (and Wells) crusade tonight. Raise your hand if you can blame me.

It might be Joseph. Bell could not keep weight on to save his life and was underpowered as hell for our scheme but he was at least typically able to keep his guy in front of him. Joseph can't do that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Dude you're so way off base with the reality of what transpired during the ENTIRE football game tonight. Pick on the defense all you want, that's your right bro...but i don't think you understand what winning football entails in terms of the big picture and the three phase concept. Here's a hint: That defense was championship caliber. It has been for weeks...even before the Raider win.

Sorry to single you out. Preach on, but i'm not sure you know what good defense looks like.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really saying I want mike martz. But think about what he would do with tavon and cook even Britt. I think Britt played his best game he beat Peterson so many times today Hill just couldn't see him.

When has Mike Martz ever utilized a guy like Cook? He traded Greg Olsen away from Chicago because he couldn't use him.

No to Martz. Respect the hell out of the guy but the game has passed him by.

Status
Not open for further replies.