Observations from Rams' sixth OTA/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Quick was targeted 34 times in 2013 and had 2 drops 302 yards and 2 TDs Also was a good blocker according to the team and Clemens who praised him for driving his guy into the bench on one of Austin's TDs.

FRO

Legend
Quick gets often compared to Jackson. Here is how their first 2 seasons compare:
Games:
Quick-31
Jackson-24
Cathes:
Quick-29
Jackson-30
Yards:
Quick-458
Jackson-512
TDs:
Quick-4
Jackson-6

Numbers are comparable on the surface, however Jackson only had 3 catches for 59 yards and zero TDs in year one, so almost all of his production happened in year 2. Jackson only appeared in 8 games as a rookie.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I agree with a lot you said here. My only point is I wish Quick would have done more. I wasn't asking for 1,000 yards in year 2. I was asking for more than 18 catches. To me that doesn't cut it for a second year WR who was the 33rd overall pick. I don't care how raw the guy is.

We all do. I'm sure Chargers fans wanted more than 27 receptions from 2nd rounder Vincent Jackson in year two. And Packers fans wanted more than the 22 receptions 2nd rounder Jordy Nelson provided in year two. Vikings fans probably cringed at 2nd rounder Sidney Rice's 15 reception year two total. And though almost twice the amount of Quick, I know Seahawks fans were questioning Golden Taint and his 35 receptions for 382 yards.

I'm just saying that more opportunity would provide for more production. And better circumstances would have really helped this kid out a lot, IMO.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm just saying that more opportunity would provide for more production. And better circumstances would have really helped this kid out a lot, IMO.

Okay so now they need to give him more opportunities, however, he needs to be more consistent and the Rams need to trust him more when he's on the field. IMO I get the feeling that he struggles with the playbook as was the case against the Seahawks on the last play of the game