Observations from Rams' sixth OTA/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Here is Wagoner projecting him as a starter year one:

I swear that the Rams had Quick and Givens projected as starters as rookies. I could be wrong and I can't find an article to back it up.

Says video is no longer available. Either way that would be Wagoner. Not Snead or Fisher. How does one call a kid a project when drafted and then project him as a starter? And how does one project a 4th round choice who has never caught an NFL pass as a starter? It just doesn't make any sense.

They gave the impression they were trying that with scrubs like Mike Sims and Smith but I thought they missed the boat or could not convince Boldin to come into a rebuild situation. He has been the only quality WR on the market that was in range. VJ was just too expensive

Wasn't MSW a Spags guy?

Garcon would have been a nice pick up.

A couple of nice options they could have drafted who would have made a big impact last season.

FRO

Legend
The up and down results against the Panthers would be a key drop on third and long one the second drive of the game. It would have been an easy first down and the ball hit him in the hands, it was right on target. Then he missed an easy catch for the TD. He also caught the long bomb to start the second half.

i dont know ask clemens he probably didnt see him didnt have time. the plays probably were designed to go somewhere else and clemens didnt go through his progressions

Just tweeted him, it seems curious that you have this receiver who's getting open consistently and yet still isn't targeted whilst he continued to target other inconsistent receivers. I suppose that's why he was a back up QB.

lockdnram21

Legend
Wasn't MSW a Spags guy?

A couple of nice options they could have drafted who would have made a big impact last season.

rams are not exactly a free agent destination. we would of had to over pay for those guys like we did Cook. They tried to get Blackmon(glad they didnt). they obviously didnt like Floyd. They must have thought Quicks upside was greater then Jeffery,Randle,and Hill. Those are the receivers people wanted. only one has really done anything

The up and down results against the Panthers would be a key drop on third and long one the second drive of the game. It would have been an easy first down and the ball hit him in the hands, it was right on target. Then he missed an easy catch for the TD. He also caught the long bomb to start the second half.

Tough catch he was hit just as the ball got there, there are other guys on the team who make the catch (Bailey and Kendricks, possibly Pettis) but I'm not sure it falls into the drop category. There was also the pass which was behind him, again a better player makes the catch but not a true drop.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wasn't MSW a Spags guy?

Who would you not have picked last year? They did trade up for Austin, not my first choice I would rather have had Allen.

lockdnram21

Legend

on the first one didnt the defender get his hands on it im not sure ut i think he did? He proved he can get separation and get open. He just needs to stop thinking so much and play. hopefully the game slows down for him

lockdnram21

Legend
Tough catch he was hit just as the ball got there, there are other guys on the team who make the catch (Bailey and Kendricks, possibly Pettis) but I'm not sure it falls into the drop category. There was also the pass which was behind him, again a better player makes the catch but not a true drop.
His2 recorded drops came in that game. Bailey might have made the catch but im not sure . i dont think Kendricks would have made it nor Pettis.

rams are not exactly a free agent destination. we would of had to over pay for those guys like we did Cook. They tried to get Blackmon(glad they didnt). they obviously didnt like Floyd. They must have thought Quicks upside was greater then Jeffery,Randle,and Hill. Those are the receivers people wanted. only one has really done anything

Would have rather overpaid for Garcon than Cook but that's a whole other can of worms.

Looking at how that second round has potentially turned out we could have gone up and got Floyd or the Baylor kid (Wright?).

All 3 have done more than Quick, and if Quick gets the Clemens excuse Hill gets the Geno excuse and Jeffery had the 61st best receiving season of all time in his second year, Quick can still be an excellent pick without ever coming close to that.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Have you got a link to those comments?* Was just watching Snead say "I was thinking Vincent Jackson all along" at the end of season one but would love to read some direct quotes from prior to his first season.

* That's not meant to come across a snarky.

No link, but I'll look for one later, if I feel like it. I just remember an admission that Quick was a bit of project when asked after the draft.

No link, but I'll look for one later, if I feel like it. I just remember an admission that Quick was a bit of project when asked after the draft.

Cheers, I did a google search of "Snead Quick" but only came up with the Farr interview and the stuff about the private workout.

lockdnram21

Legend
Would have rather overpaid for Garcon than Cook but that's a whole other can of worms.

Looking at how that second round has potentially turned out we could have gone up and got Floyd or the Baylor kid (Wright?).

All 3 have done more than Quick, and if Quick gets the Clemens excuse Hill gets the Geno excuse and Jeffery had the 61st best receiving season of all time in his second year, Quick can still be an excellent pick without ever coming close to that.

Hill had a problem staying healthy and came from a running offense. with or without Geno he was bad. He was there before Geno. It wasnt Geno fault he couldnt get on the field. We could have had Floyd but they chose to trade back and get Brockers. i heard that they probably would have still picked Quick if they got Blackmon they liked him so much. They knew it was going to take Quick a while and it seems they had a plan hopefully that plan starts to show this season. as farr as Garcon i dont think he would have came here period, him or Vjax we were just that bad. the only reason i feel Cook came is because of Fisher same for Britt. Unless we really improve this year i dont see any big free agents wanting to come here still unless they have ties with fisher.

FRO

Legend
Hindsight being 20/20 you give V-Jax the money you gave Finnagen. The Rams were in on Garçon, but weren't willing to go as far as the Redskins were, knowing what we do know I think they would be happy to pay that. The Rams also went after Mike Wallace, good thing we didn't get him. They tried getting guys, but teams aren't built through free agency. The Quick pick to date hurts, because we really needed him to step up. I treated 2013 as his rookie season, and I was highly disappointed.

Fisher also said that Robinson is raw. That's why they are putting him at LG. Being raw doesn't mean you are unable to contribute. It means you aren't a finished product. Quick has given us next to nothing in 2 years, let's be honest here. Now there is chance he turns it on and I look like an idiot. That happens a lot for me.

lockdnram21

Legend
Hindsight being 20/20 you give V-Jax the money you gave Finnagen. The Rams were in on Garçon, but weren't willing to go as far as the Redskins were, knowing what we do know I think they would be happy to pay that. The Rams also went after Mike Wallace, good thing we didn't get him. They tried getting guys, but teams aren't built through free agency. The Quick pick to date hurts, because we really needed him to step up. I treated 2013 as his rookie season, and I was highly disappointed.

Fisher also said that Robinson is raw. That's why they are putting him at LG. Being raw doesn't mean you are unable to contribute. It means you aren't a finished product. Quick has given us next to nothing in 2 years, let's be honest here. Now there is chance he turns it on and I look like an idiot. That happens a lot for me.

what your not getting is Quick was rawer then most. He never had a wr coach. if you look at Quicks highlights none of his routes were complicated and he played vs lesser comp. most his plays were Quick run past 4he defender and just throw it. he didnt start playing football untill highschool. so the rams knew it wasgoing to be a lot of work. as far as wallace i know u said u didnt want him. he would have never came ebecause of weather in st louis. He turned down more money in minnesota to play in miami