OBJ torn ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Not to blame Matt but man if that pass was on the money, he probably doesn't go down. But hey, passes are a little behind sometimes and receivers usually adjust. The most important thing is to have obj, Woods, kupp, and higbee for the playoffs. If that happens, this offense is unstoppable with Stafford and akers.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Not to blame Matt but man if that pass was on the money, he probably doesn't go down. But hey, passes are a little behind sometimes and receivers usually adjust. The most important thing is to have obj, Woods, kupp, and higbee for the playoffs. If that happens, this offense is unstoppable with Stafford and akers.
Agree, but watching again, he really didn't have to stop on a dime or completely change everything how he was running.

I'm pretty sure Ian Rapport reported that he was going to need off-season knee surgery to repair or do something that stems from his last ACL tear. So I get the feeling his knee was already weak and close to having issues, and it finally gave loose.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am sure McVay felt loosing OBJ mid game was akin to losing Kupp before Super Bowl LIII. I sure as heck thought about it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
When he stopped himself on that skinny post vs Tampa I think it was, the one where he caught the ball with two DBs ahead in the middle of the field, I was amazed his knees didn't separate lol. He went from full sprint to a very quick stop.

That is who he is. More torque than those knees can handle. So I am fine with him being a playoff addition. I love him in this offense.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I am sure McVay felt loosing OBJ mid game was akin to losing Kupp before Super Bowl LIII. I sure as heck thought about it.
Really shows how crucial having multiple quality WRs really is. Our offense looked unstoppable in the 1st half before OBJ went down and completely different after he did. Once they took Kupp away we had no one who could win on the outside. If Woods isnt ready for opening day I sure hope McVay has a plan for the first half of next year. Because OBJ likely wont be back until late. I bet we sign someone in FA. There are some very interesting names out there at WR.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Really shows how crucial having multiple quality WRs really is. Our offense looked unstoppable in the 1st half before OBJ went down and completely different after he did. Once they took Kupp away we had no one who could win on the outside. If Woods isnt ready for opening day I sure hope McVay has a plan for the first half of next year. Because OBJ likely wont be back until late. I bet we sign someone in FA. There are some very interesting names out there at WR.

Atwell, Woods, OBJ… Higbee too. Thats a lot of weapons we had compromised/missing the big game. Unbelievable, really.

Such a credit to the team to overcome.

People that only watched the Rams at the SB don’t know what was missing.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. As a fan we have to hope Jefferson takes a step forward along with a healthy Higbee (IMO)

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I considered having a poll but that could come across as reeeally pretentious....
Kind of like this?
iu

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kind of like this?
iu
I know the majority of posters are from the LA area and support all the teams there. I can’t stand this guy. He’s a talented player that is over shadowed by his EGO (IMO)

Last edited:

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Wondering if OBJ might have had surgery already and the Rams are keeping it quiet? Rams have been crazy secretive about injury info the last couple years. It's been over a week now since the injury, and usually they like to get the surgery over with ASAP.

Anyone following OBJ on social media, is he providing updates? Did I miss the news he had surgery already?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Wondering if OBJ might have had surgery already and the Rams are keeping it quiet? Rams have been crazy secretive about injury info the last couple years. It's been over a week now since the injury, and usually they like to get the surgery over with ASAP.

Anyone following OBJ on social media, is he providing updates? Did I miss the news he had surgery already?
Pretty certain he had it last Monday or Tuesday?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Pretty certain he had it last Monday or Tuesday?
I would be surprised but I guess it's possible. He was at the parade on Wednesday.

Not sure he would have had surgery 24 hours before that; or even within 24 hours of the Super Bowl.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fair enough.

I question Van Jefferson? Anyway it is a blessing,but shows a character flaw & a situation he is as a Father of (3) 2
different daddy momma’s or which ever way it goes. It does show a little growth that he got married.Doesn’t change the fact of an odd child out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would be surprised but I guess it's possible. He was at the parade on Wednesday.

Not sure he would have had surgery 24 hours before that; or even within 24 hours of the Super Bowl.
I believe his surgery was set for Friday of last week.