OBJ torn ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
So how much of the season would he miss exactly if he returned with no complications/setbacks? I've noticed some say most of the season, some say a couple of games.

depending on the extent of the injury, the success of the surgery, the efficacy of the rehab (which I think we all know is the best place for it and OBJ isn't one to shirk the work), OBJ could be back by November.

However, I think a December return is much more likely which is fine.

Of course, as I type this, he could maybe do a Cam Akers and heal stupid fast. I know they're really improving ligament repairs with stem cell injections as tendons and ligaments don't get nearly the blood as muscles do which hampers the rehab.

But yeah, at the very earliest, he's a 2nd half return and more likely, IF he can return in 2022 (which I would just LOVE), it'll be in December prior to our playoff push.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I'm legit crying rn.

This team... I mean... this freakin' team!!!

For real, I don't want to see one more damn "...if we trade Robert Woods" post... Other than Big Whit, we gonna run this back!!!

Also, as unfortunate as this was... and it was super unfortunate... the upshot is that we are more likely now to be able to retain Von Miller, who's gonna "do the tour" it seems to "fully explore FA". I mean... I get it, but I hope we at least have a chance to retain him.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I wish him nothing but a full recovery, regardless of where he goes (unless it’s the Whiners), he has my full support

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was greatly missed in the second half and though they did manage to win without him, they don't make it to this game without him.
The Rams would have definitely not had a couple of 3 and outs with him in.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
What a heartbreak for OBJ. But he has to know we needed him in the post season, and he delivered big time. Dude earned that ring hands down, no question.

Heal up, OBJ, and please find a way to stay here. We got more Super Bowls to win, and you’re gonna play a major role.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a heartbreak for OBJ. But he has to know we needed him in the post season, and he delivered big time. Dude earned that ring hands down, no question.

Heal up, OBJ, and please find a way to stay here. We got more Super Bowls to win, and you’re gonna play a major role.

i just want to see kupp, woods and obj on the field together. unstoppable.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm legit crying rn.

This team... I mean... this freakin' team!!!

For real, I don't want to see one more damn "...if we trade Robert Woods" post... Other than Big Whit, we gonna run this back!!!

Also, as unfortunate as this was... and it was super unfortunate... the upshot is that we are more likely now to be able to retain Von Miller, who's gonna "do the tour" it seems to "fully explore FA". I mean... I get it, but I hope we at least have a chance to retain him.

I've been saying all along the Rams can free up to 60 million with some creative cap management and the way demoff has worked the contracts.

What I would want is for them to add a corner maybe a safety but I'm ok bringing them back I think we may have our inside backers but I'd pick up someone on the cheap or cut. We need to retain our important guys. I don't think SJD will be back but after signing a corner and our own in creative ways I'd poor everything into making the offensive line a wall not only for purposes of wearing defenses down and being able to run but as Stafford ages he needs less hits ....he needs a Brady type O-line.

Noteboom and Corbett I'd like back but I wouldn't cry over Corbett.

I'd love Armstead but that's a biggy I do however think Jensen would be a great add.

Funny cause like they said it's a grind after the Superbowl next season basically starts it's similar for us fans too... it's like the celebration gets cut short cause we need to focus on what's next lol

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are times in our lives where we experience something so real it can’t be explained. Before you feel it, everything or everyone is expendable.

IMO Beckham has finally felt what it’s like to be apart of a team/family. What Woods did during halftime and the rest of the after the game can not be discounted. He will be back, he knows this is where he’s meant to be. ( or I over thought this and he’s a Raider next year).

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
i just want to see kupp, woods and obj on the field together. unstoppable.

A total nightmare for defenses. High precision routes, great playmaking, and total football intelligence at all three spots.

Imo bringing OBJ back should be second as a priority only to signing Von Miller. (I am assuming Stafford will be extended.)

OBJ showed his ability not just to make big plays but crucial completions throughout the playoffs. Imo he also showed a lot of character and, yes, humility. In a very short time he became a nearly indispensable part of the offense, which looked bad when he went down.

ACL recoveries have progressed a lot although ligaments have a slow schedule all their own. But imo OBJ will be back by mid season or certainly by the playoffs. Perversely, the injury may make him more affordable.

As with von Miller, if we want to win more Super Bowls we need OBJ to return.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think worst case scenario if we resign OBJ he'll be 100% by playoffs next year so still worth having him because you never know what the WR room will look like by that time. Average case scenario we'd have him for playoff push come November-December. Best case and least likely scenario he's playing before week 9.

If we bring back OBJ it'll be to bolster the WR depth for playoff time. As we already know, the NFL is a game of attrition so it wouldn't be a bad thing having a WR of his caliber becoming available towards the end of the season.

This is where my head is at.

Beckham returns late season… helps with our post season push, when we need some reinforcements.

Get well soon, OBJ.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Look at those meat grabbers. I mean no wonder the dude can snatch that ball out of the air like he can:

1645011565180.png

MachS

Hall of Fame
I've been saying all along the Rams can free up to 60 million with some creative cap management and the way demoff has worked the contracts.

What I would want is for them to add a corner maybe a safety but I'm ok bringing them back I think we may have our inside backers but I'd pick up someone on the cheap or cut. We need to retain our important guys. I don't think SJD will be back but after signing a corner and our own in creative ways I'd poor everything into making the offensive line a wall not only for purposes of wearing defenses down and being able to run but as Stafford ages he needs less hits ....he needs a Brady type O-line.

Noteboom and Corbett I'd like back but I wouldn't cry over Corbett.

I'd love Armstead but that's a biggy I do however think Jensen would be a great add.

Funny cause like they said it's a grind after the Superbowl next season basically starts it's similar for us fans too... it's like the celebration gets cut short cause we need to focus on what's next lol
OBJ and Von have to be #1 and #2 priority. Thats assuming Boom is resigned because Whit is retiring for sure. But our offense is different with OBJ in the red zone. Him, Kupp, and Woods will be absolutely ridiculous and if they stay healthy Stafford will win MVP next year I'm calling it now. Especially because Akers for a full year will take the offense to another level.

But after OBJ and Von , I think we need to look at CB and OL. Safety we can live without a FA with Fuller coming back. We love drafting secondary so we'll have at least one rookie CB and S. But I just want us to resign OBJ immediately to give him peace of mind and get him rehabbing. Him and Woods will be spending a lot of time together training which will be great. However before any of that happens we need to wait and see what AD and McVay do.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
OBJ and Von have to be #1 and #2 priority. Thats assuming Boom is resigned because Whit is retiring for sure. But our offense is different with OBJ in the red zone. Him, Kupp, and Woods will be absolutely ridiculous and if they stay healthy Stafford will win MVP next year I'm calling it now. Especially because Akers for a full year will take the offense to another level.

But after OBJ and Von , I think we need to look at CB and OL. Safety we can live without a FA with Fuller coming back. We love drafting secondary so we'll have at least one rookie CB and S. But I just want us to resign OBJ immediately to give him peace of mind and get him rehabbing. Him and Woods will be spending a lot of time together training which will be great. However before any of that happens we need to wait and see what AD and McVay do.

Yea I agree those dudes need to be back you know I've been on that Obj bandwagon from the start.

One thing hase worried I'm hearing a lot today is that Obj career in jeopardy???? Because of the fact it's the same knee? It being said by multiple people Im no doctor. Have you heard same thing? Or by off chance your a doctor LMAO.

How awesome was that Bobby Trees and Obj in locker room together trees consoling him both of them crying.
That broke my heart but same time made me smile with how when this team says they want to win for one another they actually meant it.

Man love this team.

You think medically it's possible to rehab same knee and be close to the same as possible? Man I'm praying bro