OBJ proved Aaron Donald right

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Exactly. It’s not a pick for player lost deal. And with the cap room the rams will have you can bet they’ll be brining in some fa themselves.
Saffold ? Is his contract a players option, or team option for 2018 ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not likely, remember only 32 picks are handed out...two guys in their mid-30's who are coming off one year deals aren't likely to get giant FA contracts ....

also remember that FA losses are also offset by team signings....so if the Rams spend on big free agents they may not get comps for the big name losses they have.

Well was Sammy Watkins worth a 2nd rd pick ? There is a lot of season left , but McVay & Goff keep trying to make him happy.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I hope y’all are as good at your jobs as you are at managing a 200 million dollar NFL franchise, it’s related cap, player contracts and personnel, and oh btw, coaching and play calling, time management, rookie development, and the attendant egos of the greatest age 20 something athletes on the planet.

Sorry...of course you are, and I’m equally sure each and everyone of you is killing it in fantasy.

Speaking of fantasies.......

Last edited:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Right. At his own risk. But this is why players are reluctant to play out rookie deals
Then they shouldn’t sign ‘em.
Bosa didn’t.
I am way more upset about what entertainers make. It’s fucking obscene, especially given the crap they produce.
I care about what I make, and everyone else - get as much as you can.
If it’s not enough, change jobs.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Has this been a career ending injury, Odell would get his 8 from next year and that is all. It's all hypothetical but it highlights many of these players gripes with their contracts

Of course we do. What you don’t ever see is “you guarantee me x million dollars, and I get (permanently) injured, you only owe me x/y money. “

Or I don’t maintain my current level of productivity, you owe me x/z money, or the guarantee is based on an escalating minimum number of incentives.

See JJWatt.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Of course we do. What you don’t ever see is “you guarantee me x million dollars, and I get (permanently) injured, you only owe me x/y money. “

Or I don’t maintain my current level of productivity, you owe me x/z money, or the guarantee is based on an escalating minimum number of incentives.

See JJWatt.
"What you don’t ever see is “you guarantee me x million dollars, and I get (permanently) injured, you only owe me x/y money. “

This actually happens a lot.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This subject is like a rotten tooth that flares up occasionally and aches for 15 pages, and then fades away until the next time...

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Well was Sammy Watkins worth a 2nd rd pick ? There is a lot of season left , but McVay & Goff keep trying to make him happy.

huh? little confused since we were talking comp picks. If he goes in FA then you won't get a 2nd round back, the highest pick you get is a 3rd round (actually end of 3rd so more like a 4th round), and that would only happen if he got a huge FA contract and the Rams did not sign any FA themselves. Remember they base it off a calculated net loss so ....what happens with him doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Now if you are asking if he was giving a 2nd round for that is to be determined.....

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Yeah - Goff really got some good tape on him quitting on routes.He came in with a great attitude. I think McVay went away from after the Niners game to try to get Tavon more involved.
Why mess with a good thing ? I know there is a lot of season left. My hope is that this loss really sparks Watkins.