O-line??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shuie3225

Starter
Just curious what were gonna do I mean Barksdale got beat, roger is made of glass, long had a real bad game too as I rewatched our o-line. And Scott wells SUCKS! Joseph didn't play well either. I mean for a supposed "strength" of this team it looks like we need to blow up the line. Sucks we paid roger all that money and our #2 overall pick can't see the field with this disappointing group.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Not sure what to do. They should be better but they're not. Might just have to live with what we have. A line that can't open running lanes and can't protect the passer.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Inconsistent. Same thing last year. But 4/5 players on that line are the same ones that actually opened a lot of holes for Stacy last year and absolutely dominated the Seahawks DL in the home game against them. So WTF happened today?

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Just curious what were gonna do I mean Barksdale got beat, roger is made of glass, long had a real bad game too as I rewatched our o-line. And Scott wells SUCKS! Joseph didn't play well either. I mean for a supposed "strength" of this team it looks like we need to blow up the line. Sucks we paid roger all that money and our #2 overall pick can't see the field with this disappointing group.
be careful you don't get banned for saying things like that. could be considered venting :huh:

Gordito

UDFA
Yeah, its been an issue. Maybe they are still tying to gel as a group. GRob needs to be in he mix though.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
That's exactly it, they need time to gel. Outside of Barksdale, how much has this group seen the field in the preseason? Saffold was limited with the ankle, Wells was held out and didn't play many snaps, and we all know Long hardly played. Barring injuries, they will eventually get adjusted to playing together which will result in improved o line play.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Very disappointed that our #2 overall pick was not starting, was there an injury that I missed that has him sidelined?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Very disappointed that our #2 overall pick was not starting, was there an injury that I missed that has him sidelined?
Nope, Davin Joseph simply beat him on the depth chart.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If Boudreau thinks that this is a good line he should be fired! And just like I said Saffold got injured again playing on the left.
Not looking good for this year and we better get a QB that can run for his life!

iced

The o-line to the Rams is just like Quarterbacks to Cleveland - no how matter how much we invest, its just a cursed position

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
O line is a strength? I would say it's our Achilles heel.
I think we need to make some adjustments, and replace a player or two, but it should be a strength, and soon.

It wasn't today though.

fancents86

Starter
fisher has disregarded the o line since he's been here. He's picked up JAke Long (wasn't thrilled) and grabbed G Rob, but other than that he has focused on defense much more. If this trend continues it's going to be a problem for a long period of time.

jjab360

Legend
Just disappointing given how our O-line seemed to take a step forward last year and was bringing most of our starters back.

Shuie3225

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I understand some of the points about cohesion. 3 of our 5 didn't play much during preseason so to me that would explain some of the communication errors. Or maybe some of the pass off blocks.

BUT...lining up across from your man and just getting beat repeatedly like a drum 1 on 1??? Cohesion has nothing to do with that. We were getting manhandled 1 on 1 up front on tons of occasions. I hear all this stuff about bordeau being an amazing o-line coach, I just don't understand with talent we have on the o-line how we aren't ready to play today.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't think they were as bad as they looked...In fact, I thought if Clemens, err, Hill stepped up in the pocket he coulda got some throws off. I thought Benny ran decent...But lets give credit to Minni...They came ready to play. Floyd is a beast.. So is Joseph....Wells should give way to Barnes...We will constantly give up pressure up the middle while he is in the game...very weak holding the point of attack, constantly getting pushed into the QB'd feet. Not sure about Joseph on our team...I think it's time to move G-Rob into his spot...at LG then move Saff to RG....cross our fingers for health...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The o-line to the Rams is just like Quarterbacks to Cleveland - no how matter how much we invest, its just a cursed position
Man, it certainly has felt that way the past 10 years.
I was excited about Bell, Brown, Barron. Not so much about Smith until I heard Hannifan praise him.
It's been tough going with our oline for a while.
We have talent at the position this year. It just may take some time playing together and some luck on the injury front to get it going.

I hope they have a good week in practice, now that they have seen all 5 for an entire game. 6 with Grob.
On the bright side. No major injuries for that unit today.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't think they were as bad as they looked...In fact, I thought if Clemens, err, Hill stepped up in the pocket he coulda got some throws off. I thought Benny ran decent...But lets give credit to Minni...They came ready to play. Floyd is a beast.. So is Joseph....Wells should give way to Barnes...We will constantly give up pressure up the middle while he is in the game...very weak holding the point of attack, constantly getting pushed into the QB'd feet. Not sure about Joseph on our team...I think it's time to move G-Rob into his spot...at LG then move Saff to RG....cross our fingers for health...
Minnie was definitely going to make us beat them in the air.
It seemed like the entire defense was at the line at times.