Not Suprising.. Von Miller Was All About The Money

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Von who…..

dead to me GIF

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think playing in southern calif. perhaps extends his playing career. Playing in Buffalo, not so much.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
At first, I was PO'd when Von Miller left. But now I completely understand why he took the money and ran away. But my guess is that he won't be HALF as effective as he was playing next to Aaron Donald. And the Bills may just end up regretting this move.
If it is all about the money, then I don't think he will regret it. I think he has been breaking down for a little while. It will continue. The cold is brutal and beat up bones and muscles will not be treated nice. Plus if they get home field he will get no relief. He won't regret it because 50 mil guaranteed. Probably just sour grapes tho.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think playing in southern calif. perhaps extends his playing career. Playing in Buffalo, not so much.
His Dad and agent played him like a fiddle.

If it was my son I’d have said to do what makes you the happiest. You’ve already made a ton of money.

Loving the coaches, trainer, teammates, and location would cancel the extra dough. Plus Von could have made up the difference in LA.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It was a win win for both parties. He directly helped us win a SB and we helped him get a deal he would have never gotten if he stayed in Denver. No hard feelings but now he's the enemy

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
So I watched this and thought the agent really did throw the ball in his court and say do what's best for Von Miller. Which I like because it wasn't subtly resembling a "get me more money too" quote. Even though he used psychology to sway him he left it up to Von. I'm happy for the Von and grateful of his huge contribution for our SB win.

The one thing that threw me off is his reasoning though. "I'll miss those guys blah blah but this is a young up and coming team and I want to be the 1st guy to win it for 3 teams blah blah." We know it's the money.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Right around the 8:50 mark in the video, I thought Miller’s agent and father (‘daddy’) clearly tried to steer Miller to Buffalo. I would love to know the guaranteed-$ the Rams were offering to see how close it was to the Bills’ $51.4M.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Right around the 8:50 mark in the video, I thought Miller’s agent and father (‘daddy’) clearly tried to steer Miller to Buffalo. I would love to know the guaranteed-$ the Rams were offering to see how close it was to the Bills’ $51.4M.

TexasRam

Legend
I ain’t mad at the guy.

It’s business not personal.

NFL teams cannot be loyal or they risk being competitive. So I wouldn’t expect a player to be Loyal to an institution that cannot be loyal.

We hear the term divorce all the time when referring to a player and a team. But there was never a long term “till
Death due us part” or “till the player retires” Vow made. There was a contract for X amount of years.

oldnotdead

Legend
Let's put this into perspective.

Von's career earning prior to this contract was: $144.5M. Now they come along and offer him $120M which almost doubles his career earnings. I'm sorry but there probably isn't a fan on this board who wouldn't take that deal.

He gets $51.4M guaranteed. Remember it's all about the guaranteed money, especially at his age. So let's say he plays 3 more years which is what IMO TN wanted as the minimum time he would play. Even after 3 years he retires and they still owe him $17.5M. He's already got two SB rings, so he has nothing left to prove with his next stop being in Canton. Going for the money makes complete sense and he would have been crazy to walk away from it. He's also, heading towards a messy breakup with his GF who is carrying his child. So he needs this money to build a trust for them both.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cry me a river, Von. Too bad his daddy owns him.

Thanks for your services, good day to you.

oldnotdead

Legend
Oh BTW it's my understanding that the Ram's offered significantly less guaranteed money, probably about $20M less. If that's true and I think it's probably close then it's a no brainer considering his personal issues.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So why was this recorded and shared? My guess....so he can try to convince us and himself that it's not about the money. I'm thankful for what he contributed but I'm sorry, I lost respect for him on that cuz he's full of shit. Nothing wrong with honesty. If he said, Buffalo is offering more bread and they are legit SB contenders I'd respect him way more.

brucebruce

Rookie
did he really gain that much money with bills offer?
more endorsement opportunities with rams and put up better numbers playing with AD. enjoy being doubled in small-market buffalo. 10 years from now, he'll wish he finished off his career with AD.

not like he hasn't earned good money previously. i get JJ3 leaving for a max deal but von was already set, and arguably could have made the same off the field staying with the rams because of the LA and AD effect.

brucebruce

Rookie
Oh BTW it's my understanding that the Ram's offered significantly less guaranteed money, probably about $20M less. If that's true and I think it's probably close then it's a no brainer considering his personal issues.

personal issues?

edit; just saw baby mama post.