Not Suprising.. Von Miller Was All About The Money

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramon Ram

Starter
He played well but I wasn't a huge fan and I feel we made out with ARob and BWagz. He was about the money which is fine but good luck in Buffalo vs playing in LA. Thanks for helping us get the ring Von.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The agent gives him the 6 years $120M=$20M number first. Later it's the $51 guaranteed money. It all sounds sweet.

His agent played it very well. The Bills went all-in on the guaranteed money.

I guess if the Bills get a SB win out of the signing it's worth it. You have to wonder how he will feel after the first two seasons being in cold-ass Buffalo.

That's a deal Von can't pass up.

The Rams make adjustments and sign Allen Robinson and Bobby Wagner with the money they allocated for Von. It's all good.

Go Rams!
Yes, I think his agent is a good salesmen. I believe at some point Von will have some regrets.

If nothing else, maybe he learns from the old saying - Never say anything out of anger, never promise anything out of joy.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
If the Rams and Bills meet in the Superbowl, being honest I'd have to say "it's a toss up". But the most important factor in winning the Superbowl is getting there. Who has a better chance to get there, Buffalo or the Rams? We'd have to ask 'who do they have to go through?' Buffalo has a shitload more talented opposition than the Rams in the NFC. Yeah, it was all about the money, no matter what V.Miller claims.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
The career of a pro athlete is short compared to other careers. But you would think he would want to stay and try for a 2nd ring with the Rams. I think there is a 50 50 chance he will regret the move.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Didn't make sense either. Said not about the bread would have taken a little less loves the mountains ocean facility training staff AD everyday a probowl but moving to buffalo the complete opposite of that not about the money my mental health?????? Wtf???

It just didn't fit. I don't begrudge him going for the money I thank him for what he did but just man up and say love you guys but buffalo blew me away. He was like a bad used car salesman.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just glad I didn't buy a Rent-A-Von , number 40 jersey.....

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At first, I was PO'd when Von Miller left. But now I completely understand why he took the money and ran away. But my guess is that he won't be HALF as effective as he was playing next to Aaron Donald. And the Bills may just end up regretting this move.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm just glad I didn't buy a Rent-A-Von , number 40 jersey.....
OK... So that is one thing that bothers me. He got permission from Crazy Legs' family to don the #40. You think they would have given that if he had said he was leaving after a half season? I don't.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And BTW... Crazy Legs Hirsch is my Dad's all time favorite Ram so it does sting a bit. I know the number hasn't been officially retired but it should be.

dang

Legend
Again not knowing what the Rams offered I will give the benefit of doubt that the Bills offer was considerably more. However the video didn’t show Von talking to Buffalo defensive players or coaches nor did it show him truly digging into the terms of the contract beyond hearing 6 years $120m (Which he will never see). So I don’t think the video portrayed Miller as the most thorough decision maker but Thanks for the Lombardi run Von. I’m pretty sure the Rams don’t get there without you.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Again not knowing what the Rams offered I will give the benefit of doubt that the Bills offer was considerably more. However the video didn’t show Von talking to Buffalo defensive players or coaches nor did it show him truly digging into the terms of the contract beyond hearing 6 years $120m (Which he will never see). So I don’t think the video portrayed Miller as the most thorough decision maker but Thanks for the Lombardi run Von. I’m pretty sure the Rams don’t get there without you.

Didn’t the Rams offer two or three years at 17 million a year?

Seemed like his Dad and agent pushed to make the business decision and forget the emotions. Football is an emotional game, it’s hard to take emotions out of it. The two non players in the discussion don’t get that.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
At first, I was PO'd when Von Miller left. But now I completely understand why he took the money and ran away. But my guess is that he won't be HALF as effective as he was playing next to Aaron Donald. And the Bills may just end up regretting this move.

Yeah, he likely won’t have the same drop off as Dante Fowler, but I expect a large drop off.

Von will miss Reggie Scott and the way we treat veterans in season

PARAM

Hall of Fame
And BTW... Crazy Legs Hirsch is my Dad's all time favorite Ram so it does sting a bit. I know the number hasn't been officially retired but it should be.
Without a doubt.

@RAMSinLA....We should never begrudge anybody for going somewhere for money . Having said that, VM has made enough money in his career to give his kids and grandkids a relaxingly comfortable life. Lifespan of his NFL career wasn't an issue before he took Buffalo's bills. He doesn't have to admit it's about the money, just don't say it's something else.

@RamDino.....you are 100% correct about playing with or without AD.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Truthfully, going to Buffalo... they got a good shot at the SuperBowl too.

So, maybe it WAS about the money... but he landed in a place with very similar SuperBowl odds.
How many guys have rings with 3 different teams?

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Rams will get you paid. ;)

No way he makes that kind of money had he been released by Denver.

You got that right. There’s no Aaron Donald in Denver—or Buffalo for that matter. I don’t think the bills will get the same guy the Rams had down the stretch.