Not Suprising.. Von Miller Was All About The Money

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah not surprised, if money is close than I'm sure players some times will pick a little less to go to their favorite choice but that contract was ridiculous the Bills offered him. And not like the Bills are the Jaguars, they have legit Super Bowl odds next season so it was a no brainer for him unfortunately for us.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Truthfully, going to Buffalo... they got a good shot at the SuperBowl too.

So, maybe it WAS about the money... but he landed in a place with very similar SuperBowl odds.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Rams will get you paid. ;)

No way he makes that kind of money had he been released by Denver.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All it takes is one team. I agree he landed in a good spot but unfortunately even if Buffalo gets to the Super Bowl they gotta go through the Rams. :laugh3:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
All it takes is one team. I agree he landed in a good spot but unfortunately even if Buffalo gets to the Super Bowl they gotta go through the Rams. :laugh3:
We are repeating dammit. Von got 2 rings right? So it's our turn to get our 2nd......in a row

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's not likely we were in the ballpark on the offer by Buffalo. So yeah... Take the money. If he had gone to a shit team, I'd be upset over it. But the Bills are a legit contender.

And those that live in NY would be more able to say if taxes are an issue. I believe that they are pretty similar to CA but don't care enough to research it.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
He still was their 2nd choice though they came on late and hard when Chandler Jones said no ty and went to Vegas!!! That's what stings a bit. Yea the bills are good will be fun to keep an eye on von see how effective he is with no AD and also being in constant cold weather. I know Denver but looking at the AFC west only Denver KC cold but buffalo is brutal way different than Denver as we saw this year.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Must be rough only got enough to go vacation in the Bahamas while holding the Rams off waiting for some other team to get stupid.

I always been a fan, yeah bullshit.

His agent played him like fiddle. Rams been good to me. Not my job to tell you what to do BUT…..

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The one thing I’ll say is I agree he wouldn’t have got that if he was with Denver.
That is one reason he could’ve taken less.

dang

Legend
Can’t blame going for a final pay day but I am interested in what the Rams offered. I’ll bet Miller hangs it up after 2 years so the total contract won’t come into play

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
The agent gives him the 6 years $120M=$20M number first. Later it's the $51 guaranteed money. It all sounds sweet.

His agent played it very well. The Bills went all-in on the guaranteed money.

I guess if the Bills get a SB win out of the signing it's worth it. You have to wonder how he will feel after the first two seasons being in cold-ass Buffalo.

That's a deal Von can't pass up.

The Rams make adjustments and sign Allen Robinson and Bobby Wagner with the money they allocated for Von. It's all good.

Go Rams!

dang

Legend
Must be rough only got enough to go vacation in the Bahamas while holding the Rams off waiting for some other team to get stupid.

I always been a fan, yeah bullshit.

His agent played him like fiddle. Rams been good to me. Not my job to tell you what to do BUT…..
Frolicking in the Bahamas. Meantime Donald is in the gym throwing iron around like a crazed dog!!!

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's not likely we were in the ballpark on the offer by Buffalo. So yeah... Take the money. If he had gone to a shit team, I'd be upset over it. But the Bills are a legit contender.

And those that live in NY would be more able to say if taxes are an issue. I believe that they are pretty similar to CA but don't care enough to research it.
Watching the video, I get the feeling that if Cleveland were the one to offer that deal, he would have taken it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Can’t blame going for a final pay day but I am interested in what the Rams offered. I’ll bet Miller hangs it up after 2 years so the total contract won’t come into play
Yeah that wouldn't surprise me. He has a lot going on and we saw him really turn it on when he came to LA. Is he gonna keep that intensity rolling in Buffalo? We'll see. I agree a short window is most likely and he'll produce in said short window for another ring shot.

Long term though he definitely seems like a guy who will be moving on to life after the NFL. I don't think he's a play past 40 type even though physically he is the type who could do it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Truthfully, going to Buffalo... they got a good shot at the SuperBowl too.

So, maybe it WAS about the money... but he landed in a place with very similar SuperBowl odds.
IDK, good team, far too cold and let be clear, Colorado Cold pales in comparison to Buffalo, NY Cold as it's bone chilling in Western, NY...Good look wearing your flip flops in Buffalo Von.

1648840084574.png