Not over it yet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wasn’t trying to insinuate that the game was taken from us by any number of calls or plays that didn’t go our way.

We lost the game fair and square.

And thats the problem for me. Just thought we had more in us. All things combined. Thought we would have shown out. Just my take on the matter.

ramdonnie

UDFA
The more I research the Pats history, the more I think they cheated again. If you do your research, you'll see that Belichick had a losing record for many years before he started cheating.

"From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland, he compiled a 36–44 record, leading the team to the playoffs in 1994, his only winning year with the team."

When he was caught, he continued to cheat. Video taping the opponents calls, decoding them, and using them in each game was his system that gave him an unfair advantage in each game. He did it for 6 years before caught. It would be easy for him to hire a few camera guys to sit in the stands to continue his method. He made it clear that he was hooked on it and did not want to coach without the system.

I also found that while other teams headsets are cut off 15 seconds before the plays, their's keep going, illegally, which Doug Flutie discovered by accident, picking up Brady's helmet to hear it.

Brady was not even the full-time starter in college. It's highly unlikely an average QB in college wins a SB as a rookie and holds all the records he does without cheating. It could be a miracle, but I doubt it.

I don't get anything from this link, but if you have not read it yet, it's pretty interesting and full of documented facts:

View: https://www.amazon.com/Spygate-Untold-Story-Bryan-OLeary-ebook/dp/B008PYP83C/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1549915829&sr=8-7&keywords=spygate

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn’t trying to insinuate that the game was taken from us by any number of calls or plays that didn’t go our way.

We lost the game fair and square.

And thats the problem for me. Just thought we had more in us. All things combined. Thought we would have shown out. Just my take on the matter.
I am WAAAAAYYY over it. Golf, anyone? ~ Dog

dang

Legend
Golf is my outlet now that the season is done. It takes my mind off of anything that bothers me. Problem is, I suck at it. :homercrawl::baghead:
That's the beauty of golf - it helps you forget life's little sh*#piles - to focus on how bad you are at hitting a little white ball into a hole.

ramdonnie

UDFA
The more I research the Pats history, the more I think they cheated again. If you do your research, you'll see that Belichick had a losing record for many years before he started cheating.

"From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland, he compiled a 36–44 record, leading the team to the playoffs in 1994, his only winning year with the team."

When he was caught, he continued to cheat. Video taping the opponents calls, decoding them, and using them in each game was his system that gave him an unfair advantage in each game. He did it for 6 years before caught. It would be easy for him to hire a few camera guys to sit in the stands to continue his method. He made it clear that he was hooked on it and did not want to coach without the system.

I also found that while other teams headsets are cut off 15 seconds before the plays, their's keep going, illegally, which Doug Flutie discovered by accident, picking up Brady's helmet to hear it.

Brady was not even the full-time starter in college. It's highly unlikely an average QB in college wins a SB as a rookie and holds all the records he does without cheating. It could be a miracle, but I doubt it.

I don't get anything from this link, but if you have not read it yet, it's pretty interesting and full of documented facts:

View: https://www.amazon.com/Spygate-Untold-Story-Bryan-OLeary-ebook/dp/B008PYP83C/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1549915829&sr=8-7&keywords=spygate

I wanted to follow up on this book. I finished reading it, and it's a great read for any sports fan who is interested in seeing sports played fairly and how the Patriots are getting away with the biggest cheating scheme that ever existed in sports history. Before you judge me and label me as gullible, read the book and look at the facts.

Since most sports fans will never take a few hours to read it, here are some points made in this book, but of course it's a much better read by the author:

1. The Pats developed a highly sophisticated system to get both defensive and offensive signals during a game, decode them, and deliver them to the offense and defense headsets in about 3 seconds. They know the opponents calls on almost every play. This is why they can consistently beat teams even if they have inferior players and coaches.

2. They use multiple radio frequencies, so their headsets work continuously while the main frequency shuts off 15 seconds before the ball is snapped for the other teams.

3. Belichick is not necessarily the play caller. The guy behind the scenes who decodes the calls and sends in the plays is Ernie Adams, his lifelong friend.

4. Brady's salary is about 1/2 of other QBs (14M vs Cousins 28M) even though he is supposedly the best QB in NFL history. Why? Brady currently plays knowing about 75% of the defensive plays during the game. He knows where to pass it and when a blitz is coming. He has no leverage to negotiate his contract because if he goes anywhere else, he will be an average QB, and the truth will be known.

5. Most coaches that leave the Pats are really bad when they leave. Their coaches do not need to be talented because of the system.

6. Belichick continued to cheat after multiple warnings. He refused to give up his system because it works so well.

7. When the author wrote the book, the Pats had achieved 5 perfect seasons at home in 11 seasons. The odds of that were 1/7000, meaning if 7,000 teams try 11 years, only 1 team would accomplish this. I wonder how many more they have had since he wrote the book. The odds are greater to get hit by lightning.

8. They consistently beat the Vega spread, which is also an anomaly (into the 3 standard deviation of the bell curve, out there all alone of course).

9. They consistently hire coaches without experience or any successful background in their position because they have no need for experts. Experts are not required to win with their system.

10. When they lose an O or D coordinator, many times they do not hire a replacement and play the entire season without them. They don't need that position filled while most NFL teams do. No reason for it since all calls come from Ernie, behind the scenes. Also, they have to protect their secret system, so they are selective on who they allow into their organization.

11. NFL had to cover it up for the integrity of the game. The reason Pats get all the favoritism is to make it appear the cheating had no effect. The league wants them to keep winning. If they turned into a last place team after they were caught, then NFL would have had more problems because it would be obvious the cheating system was helping them win.

12. Josh McDaniels was hired by Broncos and tried to bring the video system there because of its power. He was caught and fired. He was not successful without it.

There is a lot more in the book. If it's correct, then Brady will always play for a lower salary and never play anywhere else. Makes sense. Why would he play for 50% salary of top QBs? Pats have a lower team salary than most teams, so they can afford to pay him his worth right?

The bottom line is Belichick found a loophole in the NFL and he is exploiting it. Tons of their stats are nearly impossible to achieve based on statistical theories, proven by a PHD in the book. When caught, the Pats were barely fined anything. 1M seems like a lot, but for 6 full years of cheating, it's nothing. Based on their income, it's like $5. If the penalty is so low, then why would Belichick stop? He already kept going after 2 warnings.

The reason Rams' receivers were covered so tightly in the game was because they knew their plays ahead of time. I would bet that BB is still using that system today. I don't see any reason he would stop. The NFL cannot even say anything or they will lose too much business. Maybe the Pats will reach 10 or 15 SB wins before he retires. It's a joke.

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, at least I'm not seeing any of this desperation out of Rams fan:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...d-grave/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5785ca6990f6

RIP to this Saints fan, who took one final shot at the NFL from beyond the grave

By Matt Bonesteel
February 6

Henry A. Jaume Sr., a police officer and apparent Saints fan from Louisiana, died Sunday afternoon at the age of 65. How do we know he was a supporter of the NFL franchise from New Orleans? Because his obituarymade it a point to mention he was “determined not to watch Super Bowl LIII,” which the Saints infamously missed because of a blown call in the NFC championship game.

Here’s the obit as it appeared in the New Orleans Advocate:
Saints fan finds innovative way to avoid Super Bowl, dies four and half hours before kickoff (via ⁦@theadvocateno⁩) pic.twitter.com/U4zChKzWjU

— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) February 6, 2019
Thousands of Saints fans spent Super Bowl Sunday staging a combination demonstration/celebration in the streets of New Orleans. They were mad about the missed pass interference call in the NFC championship game against the Los Angeles Rams, but they weren’t about to let that stop them from celebrating their team and its accomplishments. Based on his obituary, it sounds as if Jaume — described in his death notice as “charismatic, with a great sense of humor and quick wit” — would have liked to be among the throng that made it a point not to watch Sunday’s game between the Rams and New England Patriots.

Jaume’s obituary joins a growing list of memorably cheeky sports-fan death notices.

— Last year, a Dallas Cowboys fan named Robert Clyde Drew died Jan. 25, “mainly, we suspect, to prevent himself from having to watch the Patriots and Eagles in the Super Bowl,” his obituary read. “He died peacefully with his daughter by his side, knowing full well that Dez, did, in fact, catch the ball.”

— An Illinois woman named Elizabeth Porter Bowman was described in her 2016 obituary as “a lifelong fan of the Cubs, Blackhawks and Bears (except Jay Cutler),” a parting shot at the quarterback who led Chicago to only two playoff games (and just one win) in his eight seasons with the team.

— In 2013, the obituary of a Browns fan named Scott E. Entsminger “respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time.” This line was repeated by an Eagles fan in 2017. Before the Eagles ended years of frustration by beating the Patriots in last year’s Super Bowl, a fan named Jeffrey Riegel requested in his obituary to “have 8 Philadelphia Eagles as pallbearers so the Eagles can let him down one last time."

— But none of the above farewells can top the obituary for a Boston-born Indiana resident named Jan Lois Lynch, who died in October. “Jan is survived by her four loving sons, Jeff (Missy) Patterson, Greg (Billie) Patterson, Jake (Emily) Lomax, and Luke (Mabel) Lomax and eight grandchildren whom she loved more than anything else in the world…except the New England Patriots, the Boston Red Sox, Tom Brady, cold Budweiser, room temperature Budweiser, cigarettes, dogs, mopeds, clam chowder, boating, fishing, Florida, the Atlantic Ocean, grouper sandwiches, adventures, road trips, the beach, Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, fall foliage, airplane food, ingrown toenails, the OJ chase, and the OJ trial — in that exact order,” it read.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We need to be better than the Saints and their sorry @$$ fans and realize that calls always go against you in the playoffs. Sometimes they're big ones too, them's the breaks. I'm with @Dog in that we lost this one fair and square.

Key for us is fixing our run game potency on offense (critical for playoffs to be able to dictate on the ground), and finish the defensive overhaul. Wade did a great job with a lot of subpar pieces on defense, it's time to load up that unit and win a few Super Bowls.