Not over it yet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm over it in the sense I don't get upset about it, but I'm not going to watch highlights of the game, or the miced up stuff or anything because why would I want to? It wasn't enjoyable, I don't need to get shot again to know getting shot sucks, I don't need to watch anything about the game to remember it sucked either.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
No, not that crap. I listened to a Rams fan podcast...

On the locked on rams podcast I started it and then ... I couldn’t do it , they were crossing to some smug Patriots fan.

Anyway the Lakers beat the Celtics ... so Boston can go and get stuffed.

.. I’m still not over the first Super Bowl they beat us in.

However. When you think of where we were this time two years ago if you said we’d have just got beaten in a Super Bowl ... I would have said no freakin way .

As I’m sipping my Friday evening scotch I’m feeling upbeat about season 2019.

Go Rams !

NFC Champs. Let’s go for back to back.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On the locked on rams podcast I started it and then ... I couldn’t do it , they were crossing to some smug Patriots fan.
That is the one I listened too, and the Patriots fan wasn't a jerk. He was saying that Brady and the offense had no answers for the Rams D. The Rams D was on the field the whole blasted game, it seemed, so it's no wonder they were finally able to get a TD.

…..

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dog. Brother.

It was worth the trip to meet you and the others.

We together set the tone at the Big Kahuna. We were the welcoming committee. So many great memories for us die hards.

I was a wreck during the game. It stings as does the 1980 and 2002 losses.

But man did I enjoy YOU! And the others. Worth every penny. Bucket list thing.

I feel you brother. We were at war together.

Never.....leave.......your wing man.

I so love my Ramily. No more than that epic weekend.

Thank you for that for me.

The future is blinding bright. On to the next game.

GO RAMS!!!

Forever...............

Absolutley. Spot. On.

Tip o the cap to ya!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm over it. Onward and upward. Although i might just have to kick the ass of the next guy who says the Rams were embarrassed on Sunday.

There have been many embarrassing SB losses over the years including just two years ago. Shall i list them?
The Rams have never been embarrassed in a Super bowl.

I've redirected my fandom energy towards the offseason, getting a third straight division title and becoming an even better playoff team.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm over the disappointment, crossed that bridge a few days ago.

But man, am I ever chomping at the bit for the offseason to get started in full and to get going with the next season ... more than ever. Usually after a season ends, I'm ready to take a break, especially after all those losing seasons of The Great Suck ... but this time, I'm ready to see them get right back to it.

Hurry up and get here, 2019 season ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

Q729

Legend
No, not that crap. I listened to a Rams fan podcast...
I can't even bring myself to do that. Haven't even refreshed the feed.:LOL:
But yeah, moving on. No reason to hear/see analysis of it all. I saw how it all turned out!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have a wife and kids. I was over by Tuesday. My life is too busy to be letting the loss, get to me.

Plus I am sure McVay learns from this. I’m also certain the Rams have one of the best Coach/GM/Front offices in the game. There will be more opportunities in the future.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I have not watched or listened to anything regarding this game. I just don't care to see or hear about it again,it just stings too much. I know the coaches, players, and their families feel much worst but that is of little comfort to me. The only thing I look at is the official site and this board. I know I will put it behind me eventually but just not sure when that will be.

Ellard80

Legend
I'm over it. Onward and upward. Although i might just have to kick the ass of the next guy who says the Rams were embarrassed on Sunday.

There have been many embarrassing SB losses over the years including just two years ago. Shall i list them?
The Rams have never been embarrassed in a Super bowl.

I've redirected my fandom energy towards the offseason, getting a third straight division title and becoming an even better playoff team.

Yeah it was a competitive game until the very end. The defense definitely has nothing to be embarrassed about - they played maybe their best game of the season in the biggest game of the season.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have a wife and kids. I was over by Tuesday. My life is too busy to be letting the loss, get to me.

Plus I am sure McVay learns from this. I’m also certain the Rams have one of the best Coach/GM/Front offices in the game. There will be more opportunities in the future.

I'm the same way, I move on right after a game like this.

And I agree on the thought that there will be more opportunities in the future. I don't see this group of guys ruining it's chances like we saw Martz, Shaw and Zygmunt do.

A trip to the SB is never a sure thing, but this team is in the mix for a long time and I think will get one and maybe two in the next 5-7 years.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Thanks for pouring out your pain, @Dog

Good dog. Stay.

All kidding aside. What hurts are the missed opportunities. The blown calls. Last second pass deflections. Key injured players that would have made the difference. The arrogant Pats fans.

But as @Elmgrovegnome said, once you take a step back and assess the blessings in your life, the Rams become just a small part of a big picture.

I wish you guys that made it to the game could have celebrated in front of those arrogant Pats fans. That is probably a lot of what hurts.

I remember leaving the ‘89 NFC Championship game in San Francisco humiliated. Disgusted. Hearing those whiner fans mock me in my Rams gear all the way to the parking lot.

We can’t beat the niners enough to make up for that humiliation.

But we move on. The Rams had a great season. And they are only going to get better.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I remember leaving the ‘89 NFC Championship game in San Francisco humiliated. Disgusted. Hearing those whiner fans mock me in my Rams gear all the way to the parking lot.

I can't stand fans who mock other teams fans. I saw it in STL when I flew there for games. I saw Rams fans do it, and opposing fans do it to Rams fans. And with no regard to the fact that there were children within earshot, sometimes the people mocking and name calling had kids with them.

Low class IMO.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only two fanbases got to watch their teams in the Super Bowl this year. We were one of them. I am proud of it. I am proud of our guys. And I hope we go back again next year.
especially after all those losing seasons of The Great Suck
I can't get too down over the loss.

Yeah, it was disappointing, but - after all those years of "The Great Suck" - I am grateful for winning football... and a team that is respected and getting better every year. Beats the living shyte out of "The Great Suck"... I will never forget "The Great Suck". It helps me understand how fortunate I am today to be a Rams fan!

I don't see this group of guys ruining it's chances like we saw Martz, Shaw and Zygmunt do.
I see those names and it makes me laugh (then cry).

To associate those names with the current brain trust is an insult to McVay, Snead and Demoff.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Dog. Brother.

It was worth the trip to meet you and the others.

We together set the tone at the Big Kahuna. We were the welcoming committee. So many great memories for us die hards.

I was a wreck during the game. It stings as does the 1980 and 2002 losses.

But man did I enjoy YOU! And the others. Worth every penny. Bucket list thing.

I feel you brother. We were at war together.

Never.....leave.......your wing man.

I so love my Ramily. No more than that epic weekend.

Thank you for that for me.

The future is blinding bright. On to the next game.

GO RAMS!!!

Forever...............
Are there pics posted somewhere?

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
I'm with you Dog, but 2018 and 2019 are kinda rolling together for me. I'm ready to start again. Let's go get that Lomardi!

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
At least y'all made it not only past the divisional round, but to the Super Bowl.

ramdonnie

UDFA
The game was not as bad as it seemed. I watched it a few times. The thing that makes me most angry is the Pats got away with too much, just like in the first Super Bowl match. The Rams knew they would be physical as they were against the Greatest Show On Turf, but they did not fight back, now 2X in a row. I'm surprised the Rams were not throwing punches.

Rams were the most penalized team throughout the playoffs with -104 net yards. In the SB, -65 yards (not to mention the yards taken away like Gurley's 13 yard run and Coleman's bogus call, which gave the Pats 60 more yards by extending that drive). That is similar to 140 yards, like a free TD and field goal for the Pats.

And why do the Pats always get favored by the refs? I'm glad that no-call happened vs the Saints. Maybe the league will do something about this and it will level the playing field for teams that consistently get the short end of the stick.

In last year's SB, the Pats were only called for 1 penalty for 5 yards! Last year the Pats were +143 Net Yards in playoffs and +200 in regular season (Most in NFL) for a total of +343 net yards! How many points is that, about 4 TDs?

In 2016 playoffs the Pats also had the most beneficial net penalty yards of all teams with +76 net.

It would be easier to forget if the game was called fairly. I wish we lost fair and square, but we did not. Against a team that always gets the benefit of the refs, the Rams would need to play lights out to overcome it, but in this game, they only matched the Pats, so that is why they lost. Some say we lost fair and square, but if you change the calls so they were correct, we would have won or tied the game.

I hope McVay is watching the film over and over too. If he just moves on and does not study it, he won't learn anything. Sometimes it's better to linger in the past for a while. I hope something can be done about the officiating in football because it's ruining the game. We need more robots involved.

Last edited: