Non-highlight #2: Keenum's audible

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Dude. That wasn't a shot. I said *in that situation* I liked the aggressive play-call.
You apparently don't, because you've spent a lot of time in this thread telling me exactly that.
Did you not say that it would have been better to throw underneath?

I think that would have been the *smart* play in that situation, for the reasons I've given. We still could have scored and had a chance to win. After what actually happened, we no longer had that chance.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

When the last three games have ended with an interception do we really want to argue who is at fault? There is one common denominator on the field. And one on the sidelines.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When the last three games have ended with an interception do we really want to argue who is at fault?
Why not?

I put these plays up to generate discussion.
it's been pretty civil otherwise.

bluecoconuts

Legend
He missed the 6'4 250 pound Tyler Higbee being matched up against 5'11 200 pound rookie UDFA safety, who got pushed away making Tyler wide open for a walk in TD.

I like that matchup better than 6'2 DRC vs 6'4 Brian Quick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Look to the common denominator.

I don't know what that means.
Keenum sucks, I guess?

What does that have to do with discussing a play.
Would you rather I stop doing these because they have Keenum in them?
I only do that because it's a play everyone is talking about. So I show it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know what that means.
Keenum sucks, I guess?

What does that have to do with discussing a play.
Would you rather I stop doing these because they have Keenum in them?
I only do that because it's a play everyone is talking about. So I show it.

It means what it means. There is a problem there. Three winnable games end with an interception. Plus the fact that they even needed to come down to that. Too many points left on the field. Too many bad options taken when better ones were there. Too many bad throws.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He missed the 6'4 250 pound Tyler Higbee being matched up against 5'11 200 pound rookie UDFA safety, who got pushed away making Tyler wide open for a walk in TD.
Yeah, I don't know about all that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It means what it means. There is a problem there. Three winnable games end with an interception. Plus the fact that they even needed to come down to that. Too many points left on the field. Too many bad options taken when better ones were there. Too many bad throws.

So, you don't want to see these plays posted anymore because .... all of that stuff you just said?
Feel free to start a "Keenum isn't a good QB" thread then. This one is geared more toward play analysis.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, I don't know about all that.

I mean, I get what Keenum was thinking, I see why he made the throw.. I'm disappointed that he misread the defense, and I'm disappointed that he didn't see what was probably the biggest mismatch on the field. Unless he just totally doesn't trust Higbee at all, which would explain why he never throws to him.

TheBunk

Rookie
Quick is definitely not the receiver I would trust with that task. Keenum should have known better. Either go with what was called or throw it to another option. Live to fight another down.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keenum comes out relaxed and firing to start every game , then starts to play scared or conservative when things get tight or he makes a mistake . Can't do that in the NFL

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I mean, I get what Keenum was thinking, I see why he made the throw.. I'm disappointed that he misread the defense, and I'm disappointed that he didn't see what was probably the biggest mismatch on the field. Unless he just totally doesn't trust Higbee at all, which would explain why he never throws to him.
I thought I had posted a screengrab with my comment. I guess it disappeared.
I showed when the ball was leaving Keenum's hand, and I showed where Higbee was at the time.
Also showed the two blitzers right up in Keenum's face.
All I was saying was, I don't think there was enough time, because Higbee wasn't even across the marker yet.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I thought I had posted a screengrab with my comment. I guess it disappeared.
I showed when the ball was leaving Keenum's hand, and I showed where Higbee was at the time.
Also showed the two blitzers right up in Keenum's face.
All I was saying was, I don't think there was enough time, because Higbee wasn't even across the marker yet.

Oh, you're right, I was so focused down field, I didn't see the pass rusher in his face. I still think that Higbee was the best mismatch, but it wouldn't have been a walk-in TD.

Ellard80

Legend
The way he just stopped and stared at it as it went into the DB's hands was pretty priceless.

But this team playing stupid is a common thing...

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Looks like a Hail Mary from the 15 to me. If that is a fade he under threw it by 5 yards. Quick may have run the wrong route but he made the right read. the DB was way off at the snap. You can't just throw the ball up in the air with 50 seconds left and 3rd and 10 it's just not acceptable. You have one time out and better options than that play.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, you don't want to see these plays posted anymore because .... all of that stuff you just said?

Where did i say that? Post to your heart's content. I was just making a general comment. No need to get so offended. Take a chill pill man.

Feel free to start a "Keenum isn't a good QB" thread then.

Nah, I'm good. There's no need.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Where did i say that? Post to your heart's content. I was just making a general comment. No need to get so offended. Take a chill pill man.
I'm good. The problem with words is that you can't catch the inflection. I'm not offended. I just figured you were annoyed by people talking about the play (you did basically say it was pointless to argue about it), and that you felt even talking about Keenum was an exercise in futility due to his being the "common denominator."

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm good. The problem with words is that you can't catch the inflection. I'm not offended. I just figured you were annoyed by people talking about the play (you did basically say it was pointless to argue about it), and that you felt even talking about Keenum was an exercise in futility due to his being the "common denominator."

why would i be annoyed? i'm just tired of talking about what went wrong.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think I can say that with certainty two things: This loss was not on Case. It's still time to start Goff.

Everything else is arguing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.