No double space after period? And only people over 36 didn't know about this grammatical rule change

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I learned that in elementary school too.
I don't think that's the case anymore.

Well eff that I'm not changing now..........all these years later no way LOL.

Nobody indents the first sentence in a paragraph anymore, that just came to mind.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I dunno if @yrba1 knows that's not a real word, or if he just has a nuanced sense of humor.

It's the latter, had a finance professor who called me out for using a double negative (said the answer to his question was not incorrect), then I proceeded to use bad grammar in a trolling fashion just to peeve people :whistle::D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And BTW. Double space on your phone while texting. Automatic period. Just sayin'

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No crap. I still use most all the equivalencies I memorized in school. That stuff was so drilled into my head I'm surprised when I can't rattle off 1760 yards to the mile or 25.4 mm to the inch etc. . Remember when we had to waste all that time on the metric system when this country was supposed to switch to it? Interstate signs in kilometers etc. I still use the trig functions. I used to know the multiplication table up to 15.....I'm only good to 12 now. Apparently the schools haven't taught this stuff in quite some time. I usually chime in with the answer when someone pulls out their cell phone (brain) to look it up.
SOH-Sine=Opposite/Hypotenuse
CAH Cosine= Adacent/Hypotenuse
TOA- Tangent=Opposite/Adjacent

*knocks skull and says "like a steel trap!"

bnw

Pro Bowler
Well eff that I'm not changing now..........all these years later no way LOL.

Nobody indents the first sentence in a paragraph anymore, that just came to mind.
I always indent 5 spaces when typing a formal paper.:p

~lyser

Rookie
3.5 grams to an eighth of an oz.
7 grams to a a quarter oz.
14 grams to a half oz.
28 grams to a full oz. (technically, more like 28.5, but nobody ever gives you the half gram)
4 ozs to a quarter pound
8 ozs to a half pound
16 ozs to a full pound
2.2 lbs to a kilo

I was never one of those punk kids told the math teacher "I will never use this in real life". I fucking used it - all the damn time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
14 grams to a half oz.
28 grams to a full oz. (technically, more like 28.5, but nobody ever gives you the half gram)
4 ozs to a quarter pound
8 ozs to a half pound
16 ozs to a full pound
2.2 lbs to a kilo

I was never one of those punk kids told the math teacher "I will never use this in real life". I freaking used it - all the damn time.
If an eighth ounce of crippy is $60, and an eighth ounce of dirt weed is $20, and a bowl is exactly 1/64th of an ounce, how many bowls of dirt weed would it take to equal the potency of one bowl of crippy, and what's the price per bowl? Show your work.

bnw

Pro Bowler
14 grams to a half oz.
4 ozs to a quarter pound
8 ozs to a half pound
16 ozs to a full pound
2.2 lbs to a kilo

I was never one of those punk kids told the math teacher "I will never use this in real life". I freaking used it - all the damn time.
So professional. We used to go by volume in sandwich baggies, i.e. finger bags. One finger was $5. Two fingers $10 etc. Four fingers was a lid which was an ounce.