No double space after period? And only people over 36 didn't know about this grammatical rule change

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bnw

Pro Bowler
If an eighth ounce of crippy is $60, and an eighth ounce of dirt weed is $20, and a bowl is exactly 1/64th of an ounce, how many bowls of dirt weed would it take to equal the potency of one bowl of crippy, and what's the price per bowl? Show your work.
You lost me at "crippy".:confused:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Why? Your tab button broken?
Nah. He just can't find it on his high tech equipment.
1438b01e514dadba56f63aa6ae8b559c--vintage-typewriters-manual.jpg

A little gay though isn't it @bnw ?:sneaky:

~lyser

Rookie
So professional. We used to go by volume in sandwich baggies, i.e. finger bags. One finger was $5. Two fingers $10 etc. Four fingers was a lid which was an ounce.

I am old as fuck now, and been out of the game a long time. However, "lid" was an old fashion word even back when I was just getting into it in the mid 80s. The term is pure flapdoodle.

Peradventure did you hide your shit in your icebox or mayhap in your bedchamber amongst various claptrap you kept on your credenza?

bnw

Pro Bowler
I am old as freak now, and been out of the game a long time. However, "lid" was an old fashion word even back when I was just getting into it in the mid 80s. The term is pure flapdoodle.

Peradventure did you hide your crap in your icebox or mayhap in your bedchamber amongst various claptrap you kept on your credenza?
Mid '70s for me.

How did the term 'lid' come to refer to an ounce of pot?

Emery Larick, works at Chief Consultant, the Cassandra Institute
Answered Apr 28 2016

Good question! Unfortunately, I don't know the answer, and neither the OED, nor the Online Etymological Dictionary was any help in terms of etymology. The OED has it attested, in this meaning, from 1967:

"g.1.g (See quot. 1971.) slang.

1967 Time 8 Sept. 18 The high price of ‘commercial’ marijuana ($10 to $15 for a ‘lid’ from which some 40 cigarettes can be rolled).
1968 J. D. MacDonald Pale Grey for Guilt (1969) xii. 152 We had almost two lids of Acapulco Gold.
1969 Rolling Stone 17 May 6/3 We've got this guy from Sand City we just caught with a lid.
1970 K. Platt Pushbutton Butterfly (1971) iv. 43 He would be selling grass, meth, acid, lids, match boxes,‥or mescaline.
1971 E. G. Landy Underground Dict. 120 Lid, one ounce of marijuana, a quantity by which it is sold."

What I was told, way back in the day when a lid was $15, was that it came from being measured from a certain common type of jar lid. I don't remember which product it was, nor do I know if there's any truth to that, but it sounds plausible enough. In my time, a lid wasn't necessarily a measured ounce. Often, it was referred to in terms of fingers, i.e., a four-finger lid. That would be a lid which was the height of one's four fingers, together. It wasn't until weed started getting more expensive, (mid-seventies), that people became concerned with actual weight. Grass went from fifteen to twenty dollars, to thirty and thirty-five dollars an ounce, seemingly overnight, and the new stuff, which was better, was called "Columbian", although it too came from Mexico.

https://www.quora.com/How-did-the-term-lid-come-to-refer-to-an-ounce-of-pot
It was strictly by volume and dealers with fat fingers were preferred. Stems and seeds, ditchweed all had an effect on price though $5 per finger was still in the mid '70s. So called "colombian" was double the price and Maui Wowie was even more when legit....bottom line is inflation hit and better stuff to be had pushed the price for old school weed too.

BTW I do say icebox interchangeably with the fridge and still have a small one in the hunting shack. No pie safe though. No credenza per se though hope to finish a hunt board some day which is close enough.

As for the rest of your showing off your vocabulary I had to look most of these up......

"flapdoodle"- penis flopping while running

"peradventure"- perhaps, possibly

"mayhap"- perhaps, perchance

"bedchamber"- bedroom

"claptrap"- pretentious, pompous, nonsensical, empty

So I'll reply using your vernacular:

Peradventure sometime outside of your bedchamber dreams with your hand in the honey bucket you will be able to flapdoodle mayhap? Although your wet straw bed and stank hand precludes such claptrap.

nighttrain

Legend
For what it's worth; our site here defaults to "single space" when a post is made. Said another way... put a double space it will render single space when a user sees it.

(If you go to edit, your double is still there... I think... until you save then it will once again render "single" )
my thots and posts are only one sentence............
train