Nick Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
One of the stupidest moves the Rams have done in the last year. Giving Foles a contract extension and gaurenteed money before he even took a snap. Now they're stuck with him.

This I agree with.

Note: This payment was guaranteed. It was going to be paid BY THE RAMS whether we traded him or not so in this really tight QB market, I can understand why the Rams are willing to see if they can rehabilitate him. As fans, I understand the angst, but the FO has to be more analytical than we do.

Plus, there just aren't any QBs out there.

Btw, if anyone thinks after this FA period that the price to trade up to get Wentz or Goff wouldn't be ASTRO-FREAKING-NOMICAL... lemme hep you out... nope.

If anything, I think it will put more pressure on the 2nd tier of QBs. I think it's likely we'll see teams trading up into the bottom of the 1st or top of the 2nd to grab guys with 3rd round grades because there just aren't enough QBs, even mediocre QBs...

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
He has more trade value now that we paid that 6 mil. I believe we would save 1.75 if we cut or trade him. I could see a team looking for backup or desperate for QB spending a conditional 7th on him like the Sanchez deal.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
He has more trade value now that we paid that 6 mil. I believe we would save 1.75 if we cut or trade him. I could see a team looking for backup or desperate for QB spending a conditional 7th on him like the Sanchez deal.
I say for $1.75M in savings, you keep him.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I say for $1.75M in savings, you keep him.

Why? The Rams aren't keeping 4 QBs and they will most likely add another guy someway. I don't think they give up on Mannion after a year especially in favor of keeping Foles. They clearly value Keenum slapping him with a first round tender even if he is only backup. IMO even with slight savings Foles is the odd man out

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Forget the $$ - he would cost 1/53 roster spots.

If we bring in another QB (and I sure as heck hope we do) - we aren't going to carry 4QBs are we?
We need a veteran back-up. Mannion and a rookie will give me agita.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Exactly. The Rams suddenly don't look so stupid with signing Foles, it was a reasonable gamble and he will be attractive to some teams as a low cost option to backup or compete to start.

I think the Rams move him easily if they choose to.

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
Forget the $$ - he would cost 1/53 roster spots.

If we bring in another QB (and I sure as heck hope we do) - we aren't going to carry 4QBs are we?

In 2014, Austin Davis started 8 games. He looked good in some, and terrible in the rest. The following offseason, they had Foles, Keenum, Mannion, and Davis all on the roster until the final cutdown to 53.

I think Foles gets the same treatment this year. He will ride the bench through the preseason. If someone gets hurt, maybe Foles sticks for one more year. If they get a decent trade offer, they won't hesitate to ship him off.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Foles might have more value closer to the draft. Teams will look at his film and see how his mechanics got progressively worse as the season went on and like all coaches they'll think they can fix him.

Foles future with the Ram's is dependent on how Mannion progresses. Mannion can step up and be Keenum's back up then or compete for starting job then bye Nick. Not carrying 3QB's int that situ.
If Mannion can't Foles stays.

Or if Ram's take Lynch or some other QB that needs development and Mannion isn't ready to be #2 then Foles stays and see ya Sean.

Foles isn't much but has value to the Rams since he give them options.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I would like to see Foles regain form.... with the help of the new passing cordantor and qb coach to level that he played In the Seahawks game.... and further develop Mannion. ...although I am not holding my breath. ..lol

Go Rams.......... ;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He started off good. Those throws he made against Seattle and Arizona were all-pro.

He fell off hard for some reason. That hit he took from Matthews probably really shook him up to the point of no return.

I think he was hurt and trying to play and just couldn't.

That hit was really dirty, that fucker Mathews has a few of those under his belt. He's done some questionable things on the field.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I think the Rams stand pat at QB at least until the draft. I believe they feel that there is no value in the FA QB talent pool right now. It's a cap concern more so than performance. The Rams are going to give Foles another shot at the job in a competition with Keenum. That's how I see it playing out anyway. With any luck, Keenum, Foles, and Mannion are working their butts off on their game.

I wonder if Foles has access to a barn?
;)

b7b44377-0b0c-4c27-bea4-db06f04effe9.jpg

babysteps_book_cover.jpg
;););):football::pillowfight:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Everyone is saying Lynch bombed the combine interviews and looks like he's going to struggle to adapt to the pro game at first but I think he'll be gone before we pick if we stand pat. Someone will trade up because QBs are in such short supply.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
it's uncanny how every time you type his name your finger just misses the e and lands on d. every time. uncanny i tell ya.

I noticed that too. But I just chalked it up to good old fashioned auto correct.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He started off good. Those throws he made against Seattle and Arizona were all-pro.

He fell off hard for some reason. That hit he took from Matthews probably really shook him up to the point of no return.

I keep seeing statements like this about Foles and I just don't see it.

I was at that game and unless you are talking about the one throw to Sted that was truly a very nice throw, there weren't a lot more of them in that game. The yardage was mostly from YAC and his one TD would have been an easy pick if the defender hadn't fallen down. Benny bailed us out several times and the Seattle defense was giving up big plays all day. They gave up nine 20+ yard pass plays including a 49 yarder to Benny. Most of the completions were dump offs or wide open.

He had some good throws in the AZ game including the double clutch for a TD but that was the only game I saw where he looked like a decent QB.

His game didn't fall off hard. It never was.

I argued this back when people wanted us to grab him right after the '14 season. I posted clips of the game he played against us and IMO, it was obvious AD was the better QB that day - NOT Foles. If you remember, he threw two passes blindly up in the air to avoid the sack and we got called twice for interference on bogus calls when his receivers tried to run through our defender to get back to the ball. His passes were ugly all game long and we simply gave the game away.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame

I was at that game and unless you are talking about the one throw to Sted that was truly a very nice throw, there weren't a lot more of them in that game. The yardage was mostly from YAC and his one TD would have been an easy pick if the defender hadn't fallen down. Benny bailed us out several times and the Seattle defense was giving up big plays all day. They gave up nine 20+ yard pass plays including a 49 yarder to Benny. Most of the completions were dump offs or wide open.

He had some good throws in the AZ game including the double clutch for a TD but that was the only game I saw where he looked like a decent QB.

I argued this back when people wanted us to grab him right after the '14 season. I posted clips of the game he played against us and IMO, it was obvious AD was the better QB that day - NOT Foles. If you remember, he threw two passes blindly up in the air to avoid the sack and we got called twice for interference on bogus calls when his receivers tried to run through our defender to get back to the ball. His passes were ugly all game long and we simply gave the game away.
Maybe you don't remember but he took some pretty big shots in this game. He hung in there though and made the throws he needed too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hit the nail right on the head.