Nick Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have this sinking feeling Snisher may feel he is in some way redeemable

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Thanks schotty. Er, i mean Fisher.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
One of the stupidest moves the Rams have done in the last year. Giving Foles a contract extension and gaurenteed money before he even took a snap. Now they're stuck with him.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
If he had a good season and made the playoffs, we would be mad at Snisher for not having extended him. I think they made the right call, Foles just fell apart.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Nick Foles offensive needs are very high. He is so slow to read & slow to make his throws. He still could do well with a team with an OL that has excellent pass protection and receivers who can create distance in their routes. The Rams offense lacked both of these key elements in 2015. Problem is most offenses are lacking these key elements. Is there a team who can give this help to him & are they cap strapped but draft pick rich? Rams might get a draft pick for him after he is paid'd today to a team who needs a back up but has no cash to pay.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
If I'm Fisher, and just gave him 6M, I'm picking up the phone and calling Mr.Elway. He's gonna be cheaper than Kap. How about a third round pick Elway?

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Foles is one very luck man - thats the easiest $6m he'll ever make. Gutted he's just a waste of a roster spot for us.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
He started off good. Those throws he made against Seattle and Arizona were all-pro.

He fell off hard for some reason. That hit he took from Matthews probably really shook him up to the point of no return.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't know. Maybe an offseason to reflect and he can return to serviceable. Then again, maybe he's just that bad. :(

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he had a good season and made the playoffs, we would be mad at Snisher for not having extended him. I think they made the right call, Foles just fell apart.
They could've at least waited until he played a few games first though.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know. Maybe an offseason to reflect and he can return to serviceable. Then again, maybe he's just that bad. :(

I think it's a combination. He has enough flaws that teams figure him out, but also he was injured and or spooked - quite noticeably - after Green Bay and that made it much worse. A fresh start would be good for him, and the Rams could use an extra draft pick, even a late one.

fearsomefour

Legend
The problem, at least as I see it, is not that the team struggled and did not make the playoffs. The problem is that Foles shortcomings as a QB were pretty plain to see. Slow to read, late of throws, not seeing secondary guys, creating pressure in the pocket. Kelly's offense helped cover for some of these quick predetermined, short throws. He can have good games, sometimes very good. But, for them to not see or not acknowledge what they were getting shows an alarming lack of something.

fearsomefour

Legend
If I'm Fisher, and just gave him 6M, I'm picking up the phone and calling Mr.Elway. He's gonna be cheaper than Kap. How about a third round pick Elway?
The problem with this is Foles doesn't have anywhere near Kaps upside. Elway is taking him on (I am assuming) with visions of a 5-8 year starter. If he can be the QB whisperer then Denver is getting a steal, if not, they draft a guy anyway. If they are interested in trying to win another title short term Fitzpatrick is the play. If they are assuming they have lost too much to repeat right away the Kap makes sense I guess. I would be shocked if SF gets a 2nd for Kap.....I am thinking a 6th for Foles.

nighttrain

Legend
The problem, at least as I see it, is not that the team struggled and did not make the playoffs. The problem is that Foles shortcomings as a QB were pretty plain to see. Slow to read, late of throws, not seeing secondary guys, creating pressure in the pocket. Kelly's offense helped cover for some of these quick predetermined, short throws. He can have good games, sometimes very good. But, for them to not see or not acknowledge what they were getting shows an alarming lack of something.
play calling/coaching/intelligence
train

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Nick Foles offensive needs are very high. He is so slow to read & slow to make his throws. He still could do well with a team with an OL that has excellent pass protection and receivers who can create distance in their routes. The Rams offense lacked both of these key elements in 2015. Problem is most offenses are lacking these key elements. Is there a team who can give this help to him & are they cap strapped but draft pick rich? Rams might get a draft pick for him after he is paid'd today to a team who needs a back up but has no cash to pay.
Or we can somehow make him look good in camp, and work a BIG Trade before the season starts!!:snicker::shades:

Last edited: