Nick Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
I have to think the cost would be pretty high. Philly would likely use the compensation to go get Mariotta.

I hope the #10 pick is out of the question - unless we are getting Foles and the Eagles #1 pick (#20 overall) - and I can't see the Eagles going that route.
I would trade a second rounder for him. He isn't worth a first. I would love it if we swapped 10 with 20 and Foles. Then Kelley could sell the farm for his guy.

FRO

Legend
He did more then Bradford
He should have. Bradford never has had WRs like Jackson, Maclin. He hasn't had a RB like McCoy. He hasn't had offensive coaches like Reid and Kelly.

Bradford has more talent. Foles has had a better singular year. I would take both and let them battle it out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
REPORT: Rams Are Interested In Acquiring Nick Foles http://wp.me/p4pK1g-1EV

He seems like a better guy than Bradford, no?

No. But he's a nice player to have compete with Bradford. It depends on the price. I wouldn't give up a 2nd for him.

He's overrated based on his stats from 2013 imo. I said that coming into this year. His play was nowhere near the level of his stats.

And, frankly, there are some misconceptions about him. A big one being that he has a big arm. His arm strength is nothing special. He's a lot like Glennon in terms of what he offers physically.

I wouldn't mind the guy but the price is a huge deal for me.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
He should have. Bradford never has had WRs like Jackson, Maclin. He hasn't had a RB like McCoy. He hasn't had offensive coaches like Reid and Kelly.

Bradford has more talent. Foles has had a better singular year. I would take both and let them battle it out.

Throw in a 3rd or 4th rounder from philly and you got a deal!

Edit

I thought I was quoting your post above about trading down from 10 to 20 for foles

FRO

Legend
No. But he's a nice player to have compete with Bradford. It depends on the price. I wouldn't give up a 2nd for him.

He's overrated based on his stats from 2013 imo. I said that coming into this year. His play was nowhere near the level of his stats.

And, frankly, there are some misconceptions about him. A big one being that he has a big arm. His arm strength is nothing special. He's a lot like Glennon in terms of what he offers physically.

I wouldn't mind the guy but the price is a huge deal for me.
I would trade a second for him. It may be an overpay, but I think it's worth it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would trade a second for him. It may be an overpay, but I think it's worth it.

I'm sure it'll raise plenty of eyebrows but if we're talking a 2nd for Foles vs. a 5th(or even 4th round value) for Glennon...give me Glennon.

RamBill

Legend
Report: Rams among teams interested in trade for Eagles' Foles

by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com

Mon, 26 Jan 2015 11:02 AM ET

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fa...ng-teams-interested-in-trade-for-eagles-foles

Teams are beginning to show interest in Eagles quarterback Nick Foles, as reports are surfacing Philadelphia is unsure of what to do with the third-year quarterback, per NJ.com. A source said the Rams have interest in Foles should the Eagles choose to trade him this offseason.

The Titans and Texans have also been mentioned as teams that would have interest in Foles, if he hits the trade market.

It's still unclear if the Eagles would be willing to move Foles. NJ.com reported last week the Eagles, who have the 20th pick in the NFL Draft, are considering making a run at Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota in the draft.

"From No. 20, it's certainly not going to be easy,'' a source said. "It's probably going to take moving up twice to do it. There's going to be some wheeling and dealing involved.

"Can it happen? I don't know. But they're going to try."

Eagles head coach Chip Kelly recruited Mariota to Oregon and coached him for two years.

"Obviously, [with] my relationship with coach Kelly, it'd be a lot of fun to be a part of that offense and be a part of that team," Mariota said when asked about a potential reunion with Kelly.

Foles is 15-9 as a starter in the NFL, but he has yet to play a full season. He has completed 61.6 percent of his passes for 6,753 yards, 46 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.

FRO

Legend
I'm sure it'll raise plenty of eyebrows but if we're talking a 2nd for Foles vs. a 5th(or even 4th round value) for Glennon...give me Glennon.
Totally agree.

Just looking at the draft it's Winston/Mariota or nothing. I think we would be wise to go get our QB option before the draft. I think the Bucs will pick Winston due to their OC hire and he is just the better prospect. Mariota won't go far behind him. We have to fix the QB position and the best way to do it is get a veteran. If I'm Snead I try and trade a 5th for Glennon.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
THIS IS LIKE AN EFFING NIGHTMARE!!!! NICK EFFING FOLES!?!? ARE WE SERIOUS?!? WHO COULD WANT THIS GUY!? HE JUST BROKE HIS SHOULDER....HE LOOKS LIKE HE'LL BRAKE OTHER BONES SOON TOO....WE NEED LINEMEN FELLAS....
Just to throw it out there, Bradford's 'broken shoulder' was much more serious prior to becoming our #1 overall pick, right? And I don't think anyone is advocating a first round pick for Foles.

Not in love with the idea, but they will need warm bodies to compete at QB. The current options don't exactly jump out and scream at me.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Where does philly draft?
Maybe a 1st rnd pick swap?
We get Foles. They get # 10.

If Philly wants Mariota, Foles would most certainly have to be a bargaining chip to get there.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If we're talking about selling off even more 2015 draft picks after the Barron trade(and essentially gutting our draft board) I'd rather be targeting Winston, Mariota or Cooper ourselves...but I don't advocate any of this.

Foles is no 3rd rd diamond in the rough QB like Russell Wilson was. Don't be fooled by the Chip Kelly system.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Tampa needs a QB so why wouldn't they take Foles and a plethora of Eagles picks. Use Foles as a stop gap if nothing else. Foles is alot better than.anything Tampa has now.

Why do the Eagles need to do multiple moves to get to 1? Package everything your willing to give up in all the moves that are reported that need to be done and Foles and go for your guy if that's what Philly wants. Tampa gets Foles and a boatload of picks. If used properly Tampa is a powerhouse within 3 years under Lovey.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tampa needs a QB so why wouldn't they take Foles and a plethora of Eagles picks. Use Foles as a stop gap if nothing else. Foles is alot better than.anything Tampa has now.

Why do the Eagles need to do multiple moves to get to 1? Package everything your willing to give up in all the moves that are reported that need to be done and Foles and go for your guy if that's what Philly wants. Tampa gets Foles and a boatload of picks. If used properly Tampa is a powerhouse within 3 years under Lovey.

If I were in their shoes, I'm not passing on a guy that I think is a franchise QB for Foles and a bunch of picks. You might not have a shot at another...especially if you get caught in QB purgatory with Foles.

lockdnram21

Legend

excuses
If u trade for Foles I don't think Bradford would restructure. I would move on from Bradford

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just to throw it out there, Bradford's 'broken shoulder' was much more serious prior to becoming our #1 overall pick, right?
Those who refuse to learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it......or something like that....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Bradford injured his shoulder six years ago. Meanwhile, one-hundred twenty sacks sacks and who knows how many hits later it hasn't been an issue.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'll take 'em... for a 5th straight up

If we give them #10 we must get back #20 and then some. Then we take the center Irving at #20 after signing Iupati in free agency.

Boom, QB, OG, and OC straightened out and maybe even draft that DGB character in the second as a potential boom WR in the second. Haha, I know maybe a reach but our offense would definitely improve. If not, grab Grayson in the second and now we have options baby!!

Bottom line, I wish for at least Irving and Iupati. And Grayson pref.