Nick Foles released(July 27, 2016)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Game

Living The Dream
THE GOOD TIMES.....

nick-foles-jeff-fisher-les-snead-nfl-st.-louis-rams-press-conference-850x560.jpg

THEN REALITY HIT SMH....:banghead::banghead::banghead::redcard::redcard::redcard::football::football::football:

EP-151019973.jpg

869f3cd6f2848926800f6a706700432f.jpg

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Los Angeles Rams Release QB Nick Foles Following Extended Mismanagement
By 3k@3k_ on Jul 27, 2016, 3:16p 6

The Rams extended Nick Foles. The Rams paid a huge bonus to Nick Foles. The Rams had offers for Nick Foles. The Rams release Nick Foles. Not good, Rams. Not good.

Nick Foles has asked for and has been granted his release from the Los Angeles Rams ending what should serve as Exhibit 1A for how poorly the Rams have managed personnel at the position.

The issue is two-fold here.

One, the Rams opted for Nick Foles in lieu of Sam Bradford a year ago and even went so far as signing him on a contract extension before taking a single regular season snap. He then went on to a have a dismal season being replaced by Case Keenum who the Rams had cut the previous year. Rookie Sean Mannion, the Rams’ third-round selection from the 2015 NFL Draft, played all of seven snaps.

Clearly, the Rams have a problem identifying and developing talent at QB. That bodes very poorly for rookie franchise QB Jared Goff.

Two, the Rams played their hand poorly from a personnel management perspective. They extended Foles. They paid him a $6m roster bonus in March. They lost the leverage to trade him by selecting a QB with the #1 overall pick in the NFL Draft. And if ESPN’s Bill Barnwell is to be believed, the Rams had “offers” with an “s”.

That the Rams could have had any additional capital to work with after paying Foles what they did instead of the nothingburger they’re left holding doesn’t inspire much confidence in dealing with similar situations moving forward.

As it stands, the Rams have trimmed the QB depth chart down to Goff, Keenum and Mannion in inglorious fashion.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/7/27/12301698/los-angeles-rams-release-qb-nick-foles

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought he could be the answer at QB. And I'm grateful that he was able to get us out from under the Sam Bradford rock. Then he played poorly but thankfully he played bad enough to make the Rams throw all the chips in to the center of the table and get Goff

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
someone will pick him up, maybe the cowgirls
Well, don't rule out KC -- Andy Reid drafted him, and Chase Daniel followed Doug Pederson to Philadelphia.

Of course you know what that means -- he'll sign with the Falcons.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Never was a huge fan of Foles' skills and didnt expect him to be a long term answer, but in the end not upset with how it all played out. The 2nd they got in that deal seems like it was needed to get the Goff trade done so that alone makes it worth trading for Foles. Then theres the cap space they saved last year. Not sure if that helped at all long term but if it did that just an added bonus

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Los Angeles Rams Release QB Nick Foles Following Extended Mismanagement
By 3k@3k_ on Jul 27, 2016, 3:16p 6

The Rams extended Nick Foles. The Rams paid a huge bonus to Nick Foles. The Rams had offers for Nick Foles. The Rams release Nick Foles. Not good, Rams. Not good.

Nick Foles has asked for and has been granted his release from the Los Angeles Rams ending what should serve as Exhibit 1A for how poorly the Rams have managed personnel at the position.

The issue is two-fold here.

One, the Rams opted for Nick Foles in lieu of Sam Bradford a year ago and even went so far as signing him on a contract extension before taking a single regular season snap. He then went on to a have a dismal season being replaced by Case Keenum who the Rams had cut the previous year. Rookie Sean Mannion, the Rams’ third-round selection from the 2015 NFL Draft, played all of seven snaps.

Clearly, the Rams have a problem identifying and developing talent at QB. That bodes very poorly for rookie franchise QB Jared Goff.

Two, the Rams played their hand poorly from a personnel management perspective. They extended Foles. They paid him a $6m roster bonus in March. They lost the leverage to trade him by selecting a QB with the #1 overall pick in the NFL Draft. And if ESPN’s Bill Barnwell is to be believed, the Rams had “offers” with an “s”.

That the Rams could have had any additional capital to work with after paying Foles what they did instead of the nothingburger they’re left holding doesn’t inspire much confidence in dealing with similar situations moving forward.

As it stands, the Rams have trimmed the QB depth chart down to Goff, Keenum and Mannion in inglorious fashion.

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/7/27/12301698/los-angeles-rams-release-qb-nick-foles

Don't know that I buy that the Rams had offers for him.....seems like they would have taken one of them rather than a nothing burger.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Don't know that I buy that the Rams had offers for him.....seems like they would have taken one of them rather than a nothing burger.
Carls Jr. almost offered him a cheeseburger, but Gurley and his agent took them all.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, don't rule out KC -- Andy Reid drafted him, and Chase Daniel followed Doug Pederson to Philadelphia.

Of course you know what that means -- he'll sign with the Falcons.
KC let Daniel walk because they like Tyler Bray, have Aaron Murray and drafted Kevin Hogan. And of course Alex Smith has only missed 2 games in the last 3 years...
Only place I could see him go is Dallas, otherwise he waits for somebody to get injured

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Foles is / was a good guy who tried his best. It just didn't work out. I'm still in shock he failed so miserably. Good that the Rams are moving on and I wish Foles success in the future. Call me crazy, but I still think he could be an NFL QB in the right situation / system.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If we got cap space back (do we get cap space back on money refunded on guarantees?), that's honestly a pretty decent deal then. Wonder how much?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
If we got cap space back (do we get cap space back on money refunded on guarantees?), that's honestly a pretty decent deal then. Wonder how much?
We don't get much cap savings this year, but we save about $10 million next season!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was hoping we could get something for him but teams knew we were going to release him anyway.
I guess they figured, why waste valuable Reps in camp on someone who will never see the Field again as a Ram!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
In related news, the Rams sign Uncle Rico, presumably as a camp arm.

BfgrazTCMAAesvr.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They lost the leverage to trade him by selecting a QB with the #1 overall pick in the NFL Draft.

Just to clarify, is this author really saying the Rams shouldn't have selected Goff so they'd have more leverage to trade Foles? Has he been sipping on JaMarcus Russell's purple drank?