Nick Foles released(July 27, 2016)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork 7m7 minutes ago

JUST IN: Rams have released QB Nick Foles. He's now a free agent. (via @RapSheet & @MikeGarafolo)pic.twitter.com/7L8P4gXExn

CoZUTimUIAAIsjv.jpg

217 retweets 171 likes

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000677136/article/rams-release-quarterback-nick-foles
Rams cut quarterback Nick Foles after release reques
  • By Around the NFL NFL.com
  • Published: July 27, 2016 at 03:40 p.m.
  • Updated: July 27, 2016 at 03:51 p.m.

The Nick Foles era is over in Los Angeles before it even began.

The quarterback requested his release from the Rams on Wednesday, and the team granted it, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Media's Mike Garfafolo reported.

Foles' departure was no surprise. The disgruntled quarterback skipped voluntary offseason workouts after the team drafted quarterback Jared Goff with the No. 1 overall selection. Team officials openly said they plan to build the franchise around Goff, with Case Keenum being the bridge starter or veteran backup, NFL Media's Steve Wyche added.

Around the NFL will have more on this story shortly.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I was hoping we could get something for him but teams knew we were going to release him anyway.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Good.Did not want him to be in training camp
.nothing good could have come from that.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Wishing Nick and Tori well. Class people, wish things would have worked better for them with the Rams.

Psycho_X

Legend
I was surprised it took them this long.

Foles seems like a good guy. Wish him well, he didn't deserve the ass beating he got in Green Bay last season.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was surprised it took them this long.

Foles seems like a good guy. Wish him well, he didn't deserve the ass beating he got in Green Bay last season.
Agreed. I think that was the beginning of the end for him. I was just thinking about that cheap shot from Matthews that went uncalled.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Glad he is gone. Wish him the best in his future ventures.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Glad he is gone. Wish him the best in his future ventures.
He gave us a glimmer of hope, then destroyed us, and killed our season.

Sorry, that is how I feel.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
:yay:

There was a part of me that was getting worried they were going to waste a roster spot on him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Sure was hoping a team would get desperate and offer a 5th or 6th round pick for him but I guess the writing was on the wall and he has not much value at the moment. Somebody will give him a chance on the cheap before the season starts I would imagine.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I like Nick Foles, sucks it didn't work out but overall very happy with what the Rams did in trading up for Goff. Thought we would be able to get something for him but I'm sure teams knew he would eventuallybe cut.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to ESPN, it looks like he agreed to give back some of his guarantee. So we did get something - more cap space. The question then is how much we get back.