Nick Foles released(July 27, 2016)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Dang. Couldn't we wait a couple more weeks until Sam blew out his ACL?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just to clarify, is this author really saying the Rams shouldn't have selected Goff so they'd have more leverage to trade Foles? Has he been sipping on JaMarcus Russell's purple drank?
Man I love finger wagging articles that make no sense. I'm sure this guy is making bank as an NFL consultant.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Good. Didn't want his sad sack aura anywhere near Goff and messing with his glow.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good luck Foles, and forever thanks for your contributions in weeks 1 and 4 last season. :snicker:

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
According to ESPN, it looks like he agreed to give back some of his guarantee. So we did get something - more cap space. The question then is how much we get back.

I'm guessing he gave a child size handful of it back $

throwing-money-away.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Best of luck to Nick and family. Unless he goes to the whiners, in which case I want to see snot bubbles...

RamzFanz

Damnit
Foles gave us a nail biting win against Seattle in the Edward Jones' Dome for the last time ever with dozens of ROD brothers in attendance and in honor of Thordaddy. For that, I will be forever grateful.

Best.

Game.

Ever.

Godspeed Foles, get you some!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Don't know that I buy that the Rams had offers for him.....seems like they would have taken one of them rather than a nothing burger.

I KNOW I don't buy it...Rams knew they would get next to nothing, they would have snapped an offer of any kind, IMO...

Picked4td

Pro Bowler

Yea I know that but I meant what was saved in that 1st year. I know a lot of that money went to Fairley's deal which doesnt help long term but idk if they also used the extra money to move money from another players deal up or gave them additional money to carry over to this year or if nothing at all. But id imagine theres a few mil from that saved money being used on this years team and maybe into the future which could make a difference, who knows

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Hopefully it was just the system and he can play well somewhere else.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I think he $5 million-gruntled.

Not so sure about disgruntled. Got nothing to be disgruntled about.

Not For Long.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We don't get much cap savings this year, but we save about $10 million next season!
How is that ?!Ends up being a bad trade. If Sam Bradford was on The Rams last season they make the playoffs.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
How is that ?!Ends up being a bad trade. If Sam Bradford was on The Rams last season they make the playoffs.
Not necessarily. Part of that trade was a draft pick used to trade up for Goff. If Goff turns out, it's all good.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Not sure where you can even come close to thinking if Bradford stayed we would make the playoff. . There are equal chances that he

Gets injured again
Checks is down into oblivion.
We go 8-8

I mean anything can happen you can't be so sure playoff with Bradford. We traded for the future instead of mortgaging our future on an oft injured qb.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not necessarily. Part of that trade was a draft pick used to trade up for Goff. If Goff turns out, it's all good.
You lose a whole season, & they resigned him for an extra 2 seasons.
-- Yeah- if you go to the playoffs your not get an earlier pick either.Fisher screwed the St. Louis fans(Ram fans) , by not really wanting to win . JL55 said it best after he signed with N.O. Saints. They don't really care about winning.
-- That said I agree right now.Hindsite though ?? Do you want to win or have Goff ??