NHL Playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Let's go, Blues! To any Kings fans on this site, here's to an amazing series between our teams.

:cheese:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
Let's go, Blues! To any Kings fans on this site, here's to an amazing series between our teams.

If they don't blow it against Vancouver! I've been a Kings fan long enough to know that if any team were to blow a 3 game lead, it would be them.

Memento

Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:

If they don't blow it against Vancouver! I've been a Kings fan long enough to know that if any team were to blow a 3 game lead, it would be them.

Wait a minute, you're still playing? I thought you guys had beaten them already...oh well. I'll be rooting for you to win; Vancouver is a dirty team.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:

Wait a minute, you're still playing? I thought you guys had beaten them already...oh well. I'll be rooting for you to win; Vancouver is a dirty team.

Nope! They lost game 4, 3-1... They kind of started chasing that game, but they should have won it really. The refs called a weak penalty that gave Vancouver a goal, and they also blew the play dead while the puck was lose in the crease right before the Kings scored. Got whistle happy and they took back the goal saying it was a dead play.... So if they can play strong in Vancouver they have a chance. However because Vancouver decided to book Coldplay concerts (what the fuck?) they couldn't play on Friday, and now they play tomorrow for game 5.

Daniel Sedin is back so I expect Vancouver to come out real fast and strong in front of their home crowd. I also expect them to be real strong and motivated if it goes to game 7. So I feel game 6 is when the Kings need to win it. Although I really hope they do it tomorrow. Mike Richards and Jeff Carter need real big games, and Brown and Quick need to just keep doing what they're doing.

Memento

Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:

Nope! They lost game 4, 3-1... They kind of started chasing that game, but they should have won it really. The refs called a weak penalty that gave Vancouver a goal, and they also blew the play dead while the puck was lose in the crease right before the Kings scored. Got whistle happy and they took back the goal saying it was a dead play.... So if they can play strong in Vancouver they have a chance. However because Vancouver decided to book Coldplay concerts (what the fuck?) they couldn't play on Friday, and now they play tomorrow for game 5.

Daniel Sedin is back so I expect Vancouver to come out real fast and strong in front of their home crowd. I also expect them to be real strong and motivated if it goes to game 7. So I feel game 6 is when the Kings need to win it. Although I really hope they do it tomorrow. Mike Richards and Jeff Carter need real big games, and Brown and Quick need to just keep doing what they're doing.

What about Kopitar? How has he been playing? I've always liked him as a player; he's one of the most physically-gifted centers in the league.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH! Anderson had a force field up tonight and just smothered everything the Rangers sent at him. Now I can be worried!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I hate the Canucks...I'll also be rooting for the Kings. Should be an entertaining series between the Blues and the Kings (assuming they win).

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:

What about Kopitar? How has he been playing? I've always liked him as a player; he's one of the most physically-gifted centers in the league.

Kopitar has been good, the top line has been really good with him. Mostly the real young guys (first, second year playoff guys) have been the ones that are kind of weak. We don't have too many thankfully, and they're getting there.

Memento

Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
GO KINGS GO

I'm looking forward to seeing your team in action. This is going to be a very fun matchup.

May the best team win (preferably the team that has a color/type of music as their name).

:razzed:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
bluecoconuts said:
GO KINGS GO

I'm looking forward to seeing your team in action. This is going to be a very fun matchup.

May the best team win (preferably the team that has a color/type of music as their name).

:razzed:

This should be a good series. Since my girlfriend's family is all in St Louis and all big St Louis sports fans, I'm hoping the Kings can get this win here.. We're moving back there in June and I at least want to have some bragging rights... She says she wants to as well since she always gets crap for being a Kings fan... :sly:

It'll be fun either way, these two teams match up very well. Going to be intense that's for sure. The number 1 defense against the number 2 defense... Vezina caliber goalies.. I can't wait.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
bluecoconuts said:
GO KINGS GO
Congrats on the win. This should be a fun series. Good luck. Both teams play good defensive hockey. The series may come down to whoever gets the most breaks.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Congrats to the Blues and Kings, and their respective fans.

Now that my Penguins have been bounced (and deservedly so), I'll soak in the remainder of the playoffs as an impartial observer.

One more thing -- fuck the flyers!

(ok...back to being impartial now)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Question: as a brand new NHL fan, what are the teams that are despised the most? I.E. who are the Patriots, Cowboys of the NHL? What about the Blues' version of Seattle/SF?

Assuming it's Blackhawks/Red Wings?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Angry Ram said:
Question: as a brand new NHL fan, what are the teams that are despised the most? I.E. who are the Patriots, Cowboys of the NHL? What about the Blues' version of Seattle/SF?

Vancouver is probably the most hated team, they haven't won anything, but they really cocky and their fans walk around acting like they have never lost a game ever. Pittsburgh is like the Patriots (Crosby is like Brady) in my opinion.

The Blues biggest rivals, Memento will be able to help out with that, I know the Blues and the Blackhawks don't like each other. Wings, Leafs and Kings are up there too from most Blues fans I know.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
Angry Ram said:

Vancouver is probably the most hated team, they haven't won anything, but they really cocky and their fans walk around acting like they have never lost a game ever. Pittsburgh is like the Patriots (Crosby is like Brady) in my opinion.

The Blues biggest rivals, Memento will be able to help out with that, I know the Blues and the Blackhawks don't like each other. Wings, Leafs and Kings are up there too from most Blues fans I know.

:shock:

Aw, man....kick a dude when he's down.

For the record, I grew up going to Penguins games back in the late 70's when they still wore blue, powder blue, and white -- back when they flat-out sucked. It was about 6 or 7 years before Mario Lemieux arrived and it was a major event if the Pens made the playoffs. When they did, they rarely made it past the first round.

But I can certainly understand the disdain for Crosby -- he's a whiney little bitch who will stir it up with an opponent, then wait for a teammate to bail his ass out.

If it were up to me, Jordan Staal would be wearing the "C" -- not Sid.

And Angry Ram -- you can't go wrong hating on the Red Wings or the Canucks.

bluecoconuts

Legend
HeiseNBerg said:
bluecoconuts said:
Angry Ram said:

:shock:

Aw, man....kick a dude when he's down.

For the record, I grew up going to Penguins games back in the late 70's when they still wore blue, powder blue, and white -- back when they flat-out sucked. It was about 6 or 7 years before Mario Lemieux arrived and it was a major event if the Pens made the playoffs. When they did, they rarely made it past the first round.

But I can certainly understand the disdain for Crosby -- he's a whiney little bitch who will stir it up with an opponent, then wait for a teammate to bail his ass out.

If it were up to me, Jordan Staal would be wearing the "C" -- not Sid.

And Angry Ram -- you can't go wrong hating on the Red Wings or the Canucks.

Sorry, I personally don't have anything against Pittsburgh, I think Crosby is a great player. I know that a lot of new Penguin fans are only around because of Crosby though, but there's lots of good old school guys like yourself... I more make the comparison because the NHL pays so much attention to them, and Crosby. Anytime anyone does anything they go "Oh man Crosby made a pass!!!!!!!!" and ignore the other guy who scored the goal, stuff like that. Like the NFL does with the Pats... The NHL also tries to protect Crosby as much as possible, because of his star power.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
bluecoconuts said:
Angry Ram said:

Ahh that sucks about Pittsburgh. I want to adopt them like I did the Steelers. Think I still will. And Vancover = Dallas I see.

I think I'll have to watch a lot more hockey before I can actually start hatin a team. Or some team does something to the Blues (see Cardinals/Reds fight from a couple years ago).

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
Sorry, I personally don't have anything against Pittsburgh, I think Crosby is a great player. I know that a lot of new Penguin fans are only around because of Crosby though, but there's lots of good old school guys like yourself... I more make the comparison because the NHL pays so much attention to them, and Crosby. Anytime anyone does anything they go "Oh man Crosby made a pass!!!!!!!!" and ignore the other guy who scored the goal, stuff like that. Like the NFL does with the Pats... The NHL also tries to protect Crosby as much as possible, because of his star power.

Fair points, across the board.

Truth is, my favorite players on the team are the all-guts, no-glory guys like Joe Vitale, Craig Adams, and Zbynek Michalek -- guys who constantly put their bodies on the line to block shots and do the serious mucking in the corners.

Angry Ram, I'd be glad to have a fellow Penguins fan on the board -- granted, we'll be waiting til October to root for them again.