NHL Playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
Angry Ram said:
Question: as a brand new NHL fan, what are the teams that are despised the most? I.E. who are the Patriots, Cowboys of the NHL? What about the Blues' version of Seattle/SF?

Assuming it's Blackhawks/Red Wings?

Vancouver is probably the most hated team, they haven't won anything, but they really cocky and their fans walk around acting like they have never lost a game ever. Pittsburgh is like the Patriots (Crosby is like Brady) in my opinion.

The Blues biggest rivals, Memento will be able to help out with that, I know the Blues and the Blackhawks don't like each other. Wings, Leafs and Kings are up there too from most Blues fans I know.

For me, it's more about players that I don't like rather than teams. If you're talking rivalries, there's nothing better than the Detriot Redwings or the Chicago Blackhawks. When you add in the Blues to the mix, it's a nice three-way slugfest.

The Columbus Blue Jackets are a team that I personally despise, though. I don't know if it's their announcers (absolute homers who are completely biased toward their team to the point where they'll bash players from the opposing team when said players do something good) or the fact that they employ mostly goons and agitators.

Nashville is the other division rival. I know that we had some good brawls against the Flyers in the 1960s/1970s (we actually out-muscled them to the point where they formed the Broad Street Bullies), and the Sharks have been a thorn in our side for a long time. The Canucks are hated by every single person outside of the Vancouver area. Otherwise, I can't think of many other notable teams that we hate.

Either way, I'm sorry for your team's loss, Heisenberg. Good luck next year.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you RANGERS! You guys had me awful worried early. Game 7 up next! (biting fingernails)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
HeiseNBerg said:
bluecoconuts said:
Sorry, I personally don't have anything against Pittsburgh, I think Crosby is a great player. I know that a lot of new Penguin fans are only around because of Crosby though, but there's lots of good old school guys like yourself... I more make the comparison because the NHL pays so much attention to them, and Crosby. Anytime anyone does anything they go "Oh man Crosby made a pass!!!!!!!!" and ignore the other guy who scored the goal, stuff like that. Like the NFL does with the Pats... The NHL also tries to protect Crosby as much as possible, because of his star power.

Fair points, across the board.

Truth is, my favorite players on the team are the all-guts, no-glory guys like Joe Vitale, Craig Adams, and Zbynek Michalek -- guys who constantly put their bodies on the line to block shots and do the serious mucking in the corners.

Angry Ram, I'd be glad to have a fellow Penguins fan on the board -- granted, we'll be waiting til October to root for them again.

Oh the joy. Penguins...I just love their logo. I know it's not the right reason to like a team, but how can one hate a happy little penguin?

Blues' logo is very slick.

Thanks guys for the NFL to NHL conversion lesson.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Memento said:
Either way, I'm sorry for your team's loss, Heisenberg. Good luck next year.

Thanks, man.

Good luck to the Blues, the rest of the way -- and enjoy the ride! Their in-season turnaround under Hitchcock is one of the better storylines from this season.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Rangers beat Caps in 3OTs! Wow, what a game! :yahoo:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Bumping this.... Brad Doty and Anze Kopidor are really showing their ball skills, up 3-0 against Phoenix and one win away from an appearance to the Stanley Cup Finals!

GcBean, I know you'll get it, I saw you chirping that anchor on twitter. :ww:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Great Rangers win yesterday. I'm smelling the FINALS!!!! :cheese:

bluecoconuts

Legend
GO KINGS GO!!!! Stanley Cup Finals!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Little bit of drama at the end there, I would have expected Phoenix to be more classy in defeat... Lost a lot of respect for Doan and Smith over the course of this series, but these things happen. The important thing is that the Kings are 4 wins away!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
bluecoconuts said:
GO KINGS GO!!!! Stanley Cup Finals!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Little bit of drama at the end there, I would have expected Phoenix to be more classy in defeat... Lost a lot of respect for Doan and Smith over the course of this series, but these things happen. The important thing is that the Kings are 4 wins away!

Hope to be rootin against ya! GO RANGERS!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Woe is me. :cry: What a painful goal to witness. I hand it to the Devils because they did what they had to do.

Kings v Devils it is.

Memento

Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
It's okay, we'll handle New Jersey for ya. :ww:

Yes, please crush New Jersey for me as well. It'll make me feel a bit better about getting swept if you guys win the whole thing.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
bluecoconuts said:

Yes, please crush New Jersey for me as well. It'll make me feel a bit better about getting swept if you guys win the whole thing.

We better. It's been so long, my entire life.. I want to see them win it all.

Of course, go figure it'll be when I leave. My buddy has tickets to games 3, 4 and 6... And I move the day of game 3... So I can't go.

But such is life.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
bluecoconuts said:
Memento said:
bluecoconuts said:

We better. It's been so long, my entire life.. I want to see them win it all.

Of course, go figure it'll be when I leave. My buddy has tickets to games 3, 4 and 6... And I move the day of game 3... So I can't go.

But such is life.

Yeah - I've been watching them (when I could) since they wore the Lakers colors. Thought for sure that Gretzky was going to bring us a cup. We got close. Now let's finish the deal.

bluecoconuts

Legend
10ojo6a.jpg

19ax54.jpg

Memento

Name
Jemma
Congrats to you guys. Now I need the Blues to win one. Well, we have Tarasenko coming over and Jaden Schwartz is going to be on our team for a full year, so our offense is going to get a serious boost. Now we just need that partner for Pietrangelo...