NFLPA tells agents to reject “inappropriate” language in Rams contracts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What Florio describes does not sound legal to me.

I think he knows this is a result of timing and took advantage of the fact people would bite.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Well one thing that seems to debunk all this for me is .... these same agents haven't stopped the players that are resigning with the Rams from doing so ..... think about it for a sec .....

Don't see how they could have stopped them, but they clearly warned that it was not their best interest to sign them...

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Don't have see how they could stop them, but they clearly warned that it was not their best interest to sign them...
It's pretty simple really .... in the negotiations the agent just tells the team to "remove" the current language and "replace" it with what they deem "reasonable". That is how it all works. Again ... much ado about nothing ...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Some of these articles remind me of chain emails that are easily debunked by snopes or fact check. Word it just right and some people will run with it. For one, it ways the NFLPA is tlling agent to reject the language. Some are interpreting they're telling players not to sign with the Rams.

A Vinny B. Tweet also said:

View: https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/status/708696085808549888

]View: https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/status/708696574319177729

Yep ... haters gonna hate ... and they always drag some people along with them.....

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Such sinister plots on the part of the Rams!

What Florio describes does not sound legal to me.

I think he knows this is a result of timing and took advantage of the fact people would bite.

Please sir this is no place for logic and common sense, there are conspiracy theories to press as fact!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yep ... haters gonna hate ... and they always drag some people along with them.....

Yeah, the tweet was mentioned at the PD and next response was "Vinny B. doesn't know what he's talking about". You can't to anything when people pull that. People believe what they want and you can't change that no matter what you show them.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Some of these articles remind me of chain emails that are easily debunked by snopes or fact check. Word it just right and some people will run with it. For one, it ways the NFLPA is tlling agent to reject the language. Some are interpreting they're telling players not to sign with the Rams.

There you have it.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I wish. But I'm not that smart. Thank you auto correct.

My auto "correct" is a massive POS..I'm going to find in my settings how I can disable it.. Mine doesn't just correct spelling mistakes but sometimes seems to alter entire sentences seemingly just because it doesn't like ..Turns out that Orwell apparently was correct..

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yes, as a matter of fact, yes they do. Two of them actually and they were in place prior to being allowed to relocate to sunny SoCal.

One is on Pico Blvd in Century City. It is a hold over from their previous LA occupation. The other? Would you believe in Santa Ana, CA. About 35 miles south of the Coliseum. This office was established about two years ago and after seeing Kevin D. presentation at Harvard-Westlake, it all starts to come together.

How do I know of the Santa Ana location? Well I posted about it's location in a somewhat cryptic message when that thread about the Rams moving to LA was gathering steam a couple of years ago, before the mods had to clamp down on it due to the sensitive nature of the discussion. You see, I work for a major telecommunications/entertainment company. Been with them over 36 years. My crew that I manage had the order to install the optical fiber network for the location. The business name on the order? St. Louis Rams Football Club, Jeff Brewer local contact. He is the Rams treasure.

So yes, they do have and have had a brick and mortar office in California for some time now.

So let the debate rage with this new found intelligence about the legality of this contract language. I'll let you all have at it. Me? I want to know when I can get my season tickets. This stuff is way beyond my control or even my paygrade.
Interesting information.

The problem I still have is that if I own a company and I have an office in another state that my guys use during the year to do business out of, my employees would still be based in Oregon and thus would still be subject to Oregon employment rules. If at such time I decide to move my base of operations to that state, that would change. If my employees were working the majority of their job out of that office or had moved to that state, I might have to use that state's laws and rules but even then I don't think I'd legally have to. I talked to a friend who does most of his work in CA - yet has a NV corporation. His guys technically work out of his Nevada office though they are rarely there. They like it because they pay no state income tax. I know several people who live in WA for the lower property tax yet work in Portland. I think there is also some way they get out of at least some of Oregon's higher income tax but not sure how that all works.

In any case, the Rams have not even started operating out of CA yet if I understand correctly. So if they were to put a CA address on their contracts, the contracts may actually not even be valid until the official move is made. And I don't consider changing your website or working out deals for future training facilities as official and I am guessing neither would the government nor courts.

This is all a lot to do about nothing IMO. When the time comes that the move is complete, I'm sure the Rams will do what they are legally obligated to do - just as any other entity or individual. This will not affect anything for the Rams, their players, or their fans.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My auto "correct" is a massive POS..I'm going to find in my settings how I can disable it.. Mine doesn't just correct spelling mistakes but sometimes seems to alter entire sentences seemingly just because it doesn't like ..Turns out that Orwell apparently was correct..
Maybe it's an Oregon thing. Mine changes stuff to words I can't imagine ever even using or it alternates and changes the same two letters to a different word every time.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Hey! Watch it buster. There is no way the Rams could possibly be doing this with anything but a self serving Stan first mentality. Stan must be taking half of that 7% and using it to kill puppies.

Pretty much what you said before - no?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pretty much what you said before - no?
Pretty much. I said they could add an addenda when they *officially* move.
But they'll probably just draft entirely new contracts instead.
Lawyers gotta eat too.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Maybe it's an Oregon thing. Mine changes stuff to words I can't imagine ever even using or it alternates and changes the same two letters to a different word every time.

I chalk it up to being only about 25 minutes fron the California border..(I love blaming stuff on them)...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting when you look at the Rams wiki page, yes I know how unofficial those are, it says under headquarters TBA. And when you go to their website the contact us lists this as still their physical address.

St. Louis Rams
One Rams Way
St. Louis, MO 63045
314-982-7267

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does Shaw still work for the Rams in an official capacity ?? I thought he was totally out of the picture now...
Shaw resigned over 7 years ago now, he's reported to be a friend of Kroenke and both of Georgia's kids and is an advisor to them.