NFL roster cuts 2019; Deadline date, schedule, rules, practice squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone explain to me why teams are cutting guys and then resigning them 2 days later. ?????
In the case of Greg Robsinson and the Browns his base pay became fully guaranteed if he was on the initial 53 man roster. They cut him to not have that happen and plan to resign him. He's vested so not subject to waivers but is he gonna sign with them or with somebody else after that slap to the face?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I seem to be very pleased with this 2019 Rams Practice Squad. Not sure why....but I just believe its one of the best initial PS the Rams have had in decades. I saw some members throw a wet blanket on the significance of the players signed on the Rams PS but I take a total different view.

Homegrown Talent is the key to keep this current Ram championship team window open for a long time with all these mega million $$$ contracts given out to a dozen or so Ram players.

I was wondering if I was out there on the fringes on this belief or is there others here that are close to me in this?

I found the below nugget of info interesting.

Teams with the most "homegrown" talent on the roster:

1. Bengals- 48
2. Ravens- 47
3. Vikings- 46
4. Patriots- Seahawks, Cowboys- 44
7. Packers- 43
8. Falcons,
Rams, Chargers- 42
— Jason_OTC (@Jason_OTC) September 1, 2019

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I seem to be very pleased with this 2019 Rams Practice Squad. Not sure why....but I just believe its one of the best initial PS the Rams have had in decades. I saw some members throw a wet blanket on the significance of the players signed on the Rams PS but I take a total different view.

Homegrown Talent is the key to keep this current Ram championship team window open for a long time with all these mega million $$$ contracts given out to a dozen or so Ram players.

I was wondering if I was out there on the fringes on this belief or is there others here that are close to me in this?

I found the below nugget of info interesting.

Teams with the most "homegrown" talent on the roster:

1. Bengals- 48
2. Ravens- 47
3. Vikings- 46
4. Patriots- Seahawks, Cowboys- 44
7. Packers- 43
8. Falcons,
Rams, Chargers- 42
— Jason_OTC (@Jason_OTC) September 1, 2019
I liked the Vinny tweet from last night, or was it Lindsey, anyways of the Rams 53 man roster only Clay, Weddle and Bortles weren't on the 53 man last year or draft picks/udfa this year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Boom moves to LT next year with the Rams drafting an OL early to play RG and Edwards to LG, IMHO.
Looks about right den. Rams have drafted FOUR college OT's the last two drafts. Time for a few OG's in 2020. Snead has mentioned it several times how he prefers to draft OT's & then develop them into OG in time.;)

One would desire that two of our current reserve OL'ers (Demby- Edwards- Brewer- Evans- Kolone) will rise to this moment in time & set themselves up to seize these two future OG positions by the end of this season. :unsure:

If the information put out is truthful. LT Andrew Whitworth will be 38 yrs old in a few months & his salary cap hit $16,659,168 million contract will come to an end when he retires this season end. Might he be talked into one more season? I wonder if anyone has reminded him of a Ram OT named Jackie Slater who played till he was 40 yrs old ???? Plans have been in place for Noteboom to be "The Guy" who will be tasked to fill AW's shoes @ LT. I know of no reason to believe otherwise this will happen in 2020 season.

Starting RG Austin Blythe UFA'cy in March 2020 is not as clear as Noteboom's future OL position. We will soon find out here the next few Sundays if Blythe is still our OL's weak link. Big Test next Sunday!

How long has it been since the Rams had an over 6-6 tall starting OG? I seem to remember that our history with tall OG's has caused many nightmares on Sunday afternoons. The latest good over 6-6 OG that started for the Rams was reserve RG Garrett Reynolds in 2015 with 11 starts. Harvey Dahl was 6-5 & was very solid for 3 seasons 2011-2013. Then there was Chris Williams was 6-6(n)then Adam Goldberg 6-6 who started 2 seasons @ OG :sick:. I will stop there.

Our 5th round selection of OT David Edwards (DE) was a direct hit. Since May 10 thru 13th three-day post-draft rookie mini camp Kromer/Dickerson have been busy with DE. The results with him have been outstanding in a very short period. Currently, DE skills are better suited for Swing OT duties than swing OG however DE's OG preseason performance from my perspective was the best of all our OL'ers ....Demby, Hitman, Kolone, Hrynkiewicz, Brewer & Kaskey.

Barring injury once DE gets a full 2019 season & the 2020 off season of weight training those run block deficiencies should fully disappear. Clearing the way to be one of the lead starting LG candidates for 2020 as you stated.(y):giggle:.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Boom moves to LT next year with the Rams drafting an OL early to play RG and Edwards to LG, IMHO.

I’m not convinced. Noteboom looks more like a guard to me. If Edwards continues to improve then we may see two Wisconsin Tackles bookending the Rams Oline next year.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I’m not convinced. Noteboom looks more like a guard to me. If Edwards continues to improve then we may see two Wisconsin Tackles bookending the Rams Oline next year.

Going to disagree here, Noteboom is more of a Tackle, played it at TCU and looked just fine in limited action when called upon. I expect Edwards to be the starting LG next year and the Rams drafting Tommy Kraemer (Guard) Notre Dame or Trey Adams Left Tackle Washington and then keeping Boom at LG and moving Edwards to RG and having a Badger right side.