NFL roster cuts 2019; Deadline date, schedule, rules, practice squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Call it what you want. But we chose JoJo over him when he came off injured reserve. We also waived him a month after we traded for Fowler not in conjunction. Pharoh never really was the same after that playoff game with ATL. And though you want to put that game on the offense, two muffed punts was a huge factor in the loss as was losing Brockers.

I really don't get why you want a guy that couldn't even stick with one of the worst teams in the league - especially when he did virtually nothing for us beyond being a very good punt returner for a short time.
I'll agree Pharoh was not an all pro returner when he came back last season, but he also was not any worse than anyone we have returning punts atm.
I was wrong about the fowler/Cooper move, it was Anderson who we picked up right after waiving Cooper.
As for me blaming the offense for our loss, thats not true. I was just pointing out to the member i quoted that Cooper was not the sole reason we lost.
As for why would we pick a player who cant even make on the worst team in the league? Bc we know that Cooper produced with us, Scott who we all thought was going to return punts for us, hasn't, and Jojo has not had the production that Coop had.
I also wouldnt give them releasing Coop much credit considering they just traded a main piece of their dumpster fire oline that is supposed to protect their future QB.

Anyway, this has been quite an extensive convo for something thats not going to happen. Lol. But those are my personal reasonings.

Last edited:

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I see the Eagles waived Stefen Wisniewski. Hes only 30 years old. I know he has been mentioned previously as as someone we should be interested in. Does he have anything left? He would surely be no worse than what we currently have as backups.

Thoughts?

Ram65

Legend
I see the Eagles waived Stefen Wisniewski. Hes only 30 years old. I know he has been mentioned previously as as someone we should be interested in. Does he have anything left? He would surely be no worse than what we currently have as backups.

Thoughts?

I don't think so. He got bench last year dropped this year but, was resigned on a one year deal. Now, he is cut again.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think so. He got bench last year dropped this year but, was resigned on a one year deal. Now, he is cut again.
Everything I read was he was hot garbage this year in addition to losing his job last year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seahawks cut Geno Smith; Wilson only QB on roster

First Paxton and now Geno.

After news that the Seattle Seahawks would release reserve quarterback Paxton Lynch came to be, it seemed likely that Geno Smith had won the opportunity to back up starter Russell Wilson.

However, on Saturday, the Seahawks cut Smith as well as officially parting ways with Lynch, leaving them (currently) with Wilson as the only QB on the roster.

Smith, originally a second-round choice by the Jets in 2013, played 2018 with the Chargers and was signed by the Seahawks in May.

In three preseason games, Smith compiled a line of 18-for-34 for 282 yards and two touchdowns, while Lynch went 18-of-37 for 180 and one TD.

On Friday, it looked as if Smith had bested Lynch, a former first-rounder, in the battle for the backup spot. Alas, it appears nobody won that battle.

As NFL Network's Tom Pelissero pointed out, currently there are three teams -- the Broncos, Coltsand the Seahawks -- with only their starting quarterbacks on their active rosters, but there's likely to come more roster wheeling and dealing in the coming days.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Why? Has he done anything since he imploded with the Rams?

Comparing when he was the Rams return man to what Natson has done, he was a better returner. Maybe some think he could become that on a good ST unit like the Rams have. JoJo kind of sucks.

Man I wanted the Rams to get this kid so bad. One of my many swing and misses.

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1167830532295725062?s=19

I never understood the love for this guy. He had very limited starting experience and overall exhibited his lack of intellect, which is a must in the NFL.

Call it what you want. But we chose JoJo over him when he came off injured reserve. We also waived him a month after we traded for Fowler not in conjunction. Pharoh never really was the same after that playoff game with ATL. And though you want to put that game on the offense, two muffed punts was a huge factor in the loss as was losing Brockers.

I really don't get why you want a guy that couldn't even stick with one of the worst teams in the league - especially when he did virtually nothing for us beyond being a very good punt returner for a short time.

JoJo killed the Rams rally vs the Eagles last year.

Thoughts?

He must be bad if the Rams prefer Demby as the back up Center.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never understood the love for this guy. He had very limited starting experience and overall exhibited his lack of intellect, which is a must in the NFL.
But that howitzer! Honestly it was the infatuation of a couple big games on a big stage without looking at anything else the kid could do.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
In reviewing the 53 MR for today's selections of players for the initial 2019 LA RAMS Practice Squad ...........my thoughts:

53MR is loaded @ these three areas:

* Unusual Large quality & quantity @ WR's with seven. Only one rookie made it. Not sure there is a need of a PS position to be utilized in this unit.

* Extra Large amount of LB'ers with 10. However, when you break them down into smaller elite groups {ER's/ OLB'ers/ MLB'ers & WS-ILB'ers} this number fit this teams defense perfectly. This unit is extreamly versatile & should make Wade drool on game day. Wade has been very short in numbers & quality of healthy Edge Rushers the last two seasons. I imagine he will try very hard to prevent this from happening this season. I would expect 2 PS positions to join this LB'ing unit. LB'ers I like .....ER's Landis Durham, MLB'er Ketner Kupp & ILB Dakota Allen.

* Large Safety unit with 5. Wade used 3 or more safeties last season as much as he used the Nickel. I expect this to continue to trend in this direction due to the amount of talent he now has @ safety. Have to say I am surprised by the ability of Marqui Christian to make this years DB unit over younger faster DB's like Kevin Peterson, Steven Parker & Dont'e Deayon. I see no need for any safety on the PS.

53MR is light in these units:

*TE's- Snead failed to find any young talented players this off-season. All 3 rookies went "Fail-Mode". Johnny Mundt is a decent pass catcher but lacking with In Line Blocking Effectiveness. Starting TE Tyler Higbee will be a UFA in 7 months.

*OL- Rams have the same number eight as last season @ this time. This area is a very big concern due to the poor performances of 2 of the 3 current reserves. Kromer does not have a reserve with any real NFL game experience. He also has two new starting OL'er who have never started an NFL game & saw very limited NFL snaps last season. Demby is trending downward @ a high rate of speed & he was never higher than a molehill @ his best. 2nd day draft selection rookie Bobby Evans show'd only slightly better than Demby. Seems like the entire OL reserve weight is resting on 3rd day draft selection rookie David Edwards Shoulders.:palm: I desire 2 PS positions here.....Swing OT/OG Chandler Brewer is #1 & either OC Jeremiah Kolone or OC/OG Vitas Hrynkiewicz.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My Practice Squad Suggestions

#1-QB John Wolford
#2-OL Chandler Brewer
#3-DL Bryant Jones> Wade went with DT M.Copeland instead
#4-CB Kevin Peterson
> Cards
#5-ER Landis Durham
#6-OC Vitas Hrynkiewicz> Kromer went with OC Jeremiah Kolone instead
#7-RB Justin Davis>
McVay went with RB John Kelly instead
#8-ILB Dakota Allen
#9-WR Khadarel Hodge> Browns> Wade went with S Jake Gervase
#10-TE Kendall Blanton

Last edited:

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor

#1-QB John Wolford
#2-OL Chandler Brewer
#3-DL Bryant Jones
#4-CB Kevin Peterson
#5-ER Landis Durham
#6-OC Vitas Hrynkiewicz
#7-RB Justin Davis
#8-ILB Dakota Allen
#9-WR Khadarel Hodge
#10-TE Kendall Blanton
We will be lucky if all those guys are available.

I like the list, but would go with Copeland or Roberts instead of Jones, but that's the only quibble.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We will be lucky if all those guys are available.

I like the list, but would go with Copeland or Roberts instead of Jones, but that's the only quibble.

If you will permit me to ramble on a bit on Bryant Jones???

Bryant Jones caught my eye early when I saw him in the scrimmaged practices with the Chargers. From that point on I was looking for #62 He is a very short & very ugly in uniform but totally immovable in the phone booth. His lateral quickness is outstanding for a fire hydrant. He is only 6 ft & 310 lbs before breakfast.

Next off-season the Rams will be looking for some 5 tech DL'ers to replace Brockers & since John Franklin-Myers laid an egg this TC & PS. Hold that thought ........the 6-1 295 lbs Tanzel Smart is pure 3 tech & has been forever in spite of Wade trying him out @ NT. He is an ultra low cost back up to Donald now & next season too.

Now back to 5 tech.....I believe the over 6-4 310 pound Sebastian Joseph-Day will want a starting post again in 2020 after NT Greg Gaines takes his starting NT post away from him by the end of this season. SJD played a five-technique at Rutgers as a 3-year starter in their 3-4 defense, so the transition to the 5 tech post would be an easy move to battle with Morgan Fox. SJD will be entering his 3rd yr in his 4 yr low salary cap hit contract which is what the Rams ordered due to cap restraints.

Thus, Snead & Wade will be looking for a reserve NT for Gregg Gaines.....that's where Jones would be a very nice ugly fit with the other ugly Gaines. Better get him groomed this year by Coach Henderson.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

#1-QB John Wolford

Several Teams with only one QB currently, so I would not be shocked if Wolford is claimed....Also I might like to try to get an offensive lineman from somebody else, granted Brewer played well, but maybe there is someone released that Kromer would want to develop.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree with Den. Gotta think we are looking at OL. Maybe even trading for an interior lineman.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brandon Allen was picked up on waivers by the Broncos.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Several Teams with only one QB currently, so I would not be shocked if Wolford is claimed.....
This is what I'm thinking. If Wolford is not claimed, I'm thinking we fans once again over valued what we saw in preseason.