NFL roster cuts 2019; Deadline date, schedule, rules, practice squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Lol Broncos chose Allen over Wolford??? Daaaaaamn.

Glad to see some good talent go to other teams.

Hope Dakota Allen and Kelly are still around for PS.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is what I'm thinking. If Wolford is not claimed, I'm thinking we fans once again over valued what we saw in preseason.

And that happens and is why most teams sign the guys that have already been in their system so I understand that, but Wolford has some sizzle and had success in the AAF and there are a couple of teams with only one QB currently, including the Seahawks so I could see Pete Carroll making this move.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Now back to 5 tech.....I believe the over 6-4 310 pound Sebastian Joseph-Day will want a starting post again in 2020 after NT Greg Gaines takes his starting NT post away from him by the end of this season. SJD played a five-technique at Rutgers as a 3-year starter in their 3-4 defense, so the transition to the 5 tech post would be an easy move to battle with Morgan Fox. SJD will be entering his 3rd yr in his 4 yr low salary cap hit contract which is what the Rams ordered due to cap restraints.
Sadly I don't see SJD at 5T in the NFL, other than as a sub type. He just doesn't have enough pass rush ability at that spot. But even if he loses his job to Gaines at some point he looks like he can hold up vs the run so I think he's going to be around a while in this defense even if it's as a primary backup.

Brock doesn't either btw. Which is why he'll leave in FA. As things stand right now I am of the mind that the Rams will draft the position next year and Fox will slide in as 5T depth.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
And that happens and is why most teams sign the guys that have already been in their system so I understand that, but Wolford has some sizzle and had success in the AAF and there are a couple of teams with only one QB currently, including the Seahawks so I could see Pete Carroll making this move.
Wolford to the Seacocks makes a ton of sense. Smaller, mobile, scrappy dude who has good accuracy.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wolford to the Seacocks makes a ton of sense. Smaller, mobile, scrappy dude who has good accuracy.

They might be trying to bring back Geno Smith at a cheaper price too, thus is the games being played currently.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Several Teams with only one QB currently, so I would not be shocked if Wolford is claimed

I am sure this has been done before... but I would be sick to my stomach if the reserve/backup was just now getting his playbook.

Better hope for good injury luck early in the season.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Looks like Robinson will be back w Browns and will still start at LT. procedural move, they say. Weird. Would be funny if another team poached him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
totally weird move to make in regards to their starting left tackle
train
Gone are the days when our team had to depend on GRob @ LT.....

Rams look to have their priorities right in 2019:

LT Andrew Whitworth
LT Joseph Noteboom
LT David Edwards (Drafted Rookie)
LT Chandler Brewer (UDFA/Rookie){PS}

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Seahawks re-sign Geno Smith

The Seahawks released Geno Smith on Saturday as part of their transactions to get the roster down to 53 players, but it turned out that was only a temporary move.

Smith’s free agency was short-lived because on Sunday the Seahawks re-signed Smith, who emerged as the victor in the backup quarterback competition with Paxton Lynch.

Smith, who initially signed with the Seahawks in May, was a 2013 second-round pick out of West Virginia by the New York Jets. He was the Jets’ starter during his first two seasons, then served as a backup for the Jets, Giants and Chargers over the past four seasons. He gives the Seahawks their most experienced backup behind Russell Wilson since Tarvaris Jackson.

In three preseason games—he missed one after having a cyst removed from his knee—Smith completed 52.9 percent of his pass attempts, throwing for 282 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions, giving him a 100.4 passer rating. Smith’s best performance came in Thursday’s preseason finale in which he completed four of seven attempts for 107 yards and two touchdowns.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Someone explain to me why teams are cutting guys and then resigning them 2 days later. ?????

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Someone explain to me why teams are cutting guys and then resigning them 2 days later. ?????

Gambling they’ll be able to resign to a newly structured deal.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gone are the days when our team had to depend on GRob @ LT.....

Rams look to have their priorities right in 2019:

LT Andrew Whitworth
LT Joseph Noteboom
LT David Edwards (Drafted Rookie)
LT Chandler Brewer (UDFA/Rookie){PS}

Boom moves to LT next year with the Rams drafting an OL early to play RG and Edwards to LG, IMHO.