NFL game pass and VPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought game pass only gives you the games 15 mins after they end? If so, what's the point of using a VPN? I use IP Vanish VPN and have for years, but that should only be good for live games if u sign in from another country, and even then you would have to subscribe to the ticket. What am I missing here?

If you have a vpn turned on you can go and buy the nfl game pass international version. The international version lets you watch ALL games live for the entire season and playoffs. If you buy the US version you have to wait until they are over because we have a fucked up system where too many people have rights to NFL games.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
reddit.com/r/nflstreams is good. We have Dazn here and it includes NFL Gamepass, Premier League and Champions League so it's worth it for me to buy it (150/YR) but I used to survive off the reddit forum.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
In case anyone hasn't heard of Locast, it is an app you can download on your Firestick (or any android OS I believe) that has local channels in major markets, ie Los Angeles. I watched the Chargers game Thursday and it worked great. Just switch your city to LA and go to the local affiliate of whatever channel the game is on and give it a whirl. It's free, they only ask for donations.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
reddit.com/r/nflstreams is good. We have Dazn here and it includes NFL Gamepass, Premier League and Champions League so it's worth it for me to buy it (150/YR) but I used to survive off the reddit forum.

How good is DAZN?
I'm in Japan and rhought about subscribing to DAZN.
I believe that it is lile Netflix whereby you can cancel any time.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
How good is DAZN?
I'm in Japan and rhought about subscribing to DAZN.
I believe that it is lile Netflix whereby you can cancel any time.

Yea you can cancel anytime. It's good on my TV/PS4 but on m y laptop it buffers a bit which is fine as I can watch less then legal streams if I need to use my laptop. It's nice to be able to watch every Rams game on the TV, tho.

The Japanese DAZN is really good. Has the NFL, MLB, Premier League, Liga etc..

Psycho_X

Legend
I use HideMyAss for my VPN and buy GamePass. It works well. I connect through Germany. I've been doing it for two or three years.

Do you just pay for gamepass with your normal credit card? Seems like that’d be a black flag using a German IP and a card with a mailing address in US.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Nice.
Checked the schedule on DAZN, but no NFL listed at the moment, in Japan at least.
Might hold off until the beginning of the season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you just pay for gamepass with your normal credit card? Seems like that’d be a black flag using a German IP and a card with a mailing address in US.

Yep, I do. I guess they just assume that you're stationed over there for work.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well so far I got it to work great on my PC. I can not get it to work on my fire tv or fire stick for some reason which is a bummer. I downloaded the app (nordvpn and gamepass) on my fires and connected and switched my amazon account to the country I was selecting but no luck. I think what I'll end up doing is using my laptop to connect and stream while sending it to my tv via hdmi. Seems like trying to get it to work on separate streaming devices is a pain in the ass compared to just going through a browser.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Bumping this because I want to make sure I do it right before I pay for anything.

HideMyAss had a website checker you could try.

It would let you pick the country you wanted and then try a website.

I tried www.nfl.com/gamepass

I tried both Germany and the UK, but neither could load the website.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm not sure how hidemyass works but maybe someone does. I just bought a three year sub to nordvpn at $3 a month. I found the best way to get max resolution is to use my laptop. So I hook my laptop to my big screen tv via hdmi, connect to Germany via the nordvpn app, and once that is done I go to nfl gamepass and it thinks i'm in germany. I switch language to english and click whatever game I want to watch. Has worked great so far for preseason games. Just have to make sure you are connected to another country before you go to nfl website to buy gamepass so you get the international version.

Also, found that if you watch it through chrome you have to turn off "Use hardware acceleration when available" under the advanced > accessibility menu otherwise when entering into full screen it freezes the picture for whatever reason.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I use cyberghost, pay for a year at a time and use it for all kinds of different things. It works for the NFL Gamepass but also for other stuff like when I game online. Had a prob with my ISP interfacing poorly with the game server but easily circumvented it by selecting my server. Also I still play WoW on a european server on some weekends to hang out with an old guild and the latency via VPN is way better.

They're all pretty cheap too. Cyberghost is like $2 a month.

Psycho_X

Legend

Good to know, so far I haven't had any issues with nord. I'm fairly new at this though so will see what happens through the year.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm just going straight Game Pass on my TV. I prefer to watch games live but since my whole family watches with me, we will just stay off social media and ignore the world until the games over. My friends and family all know by now, not to text about scores. I even lost a friend over it. Didn't know him well. We only talked about the Rams. But he didn't like my reaction when I was working concessions at my kids football game and he tried to tell me what was happening in the game. I even told him not to talk to me about games until the next day. He'd watch the Rams on his phone while his kid was playing. Lame IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nice.
Checked the schedule on DAZN, but no NFL listed at the moment, in Japan at least.
Might hold off until the beginning of the season.

DAZN customer here. No problems in my area, works well.