NFL Draft Discussion: Rounds 4-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Christian Bryant safety, Ohio State. Played in only five games this season. Suffered broken ankle in Wisconsin game.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I hope I didn't spoil anything, just when it goes up on NFL draft tracker I think it's fair game.

Have Dion Bailey and Jon Dowling not been drafted yet? How?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
241.C.B. Bryant, S, Ohio State: C Grade
This is the Rams' second safety, but I don't feel as though they've appropriately addressed the position. I didn't have C.B. Bryant as a draftable player, and there were better options available.

Follow @walterfootball for updates

Alan

Legend
We're going to have to rename our stadium to Lollipop Land with all the munchkins we have on the team right now. :LOL:
images

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
241.C.B. Bryant, S, Ohio State: C Grade
This is the Rams' second safety, but I don't feel as though they've appropriately addressed the position. I didn't have C.B. Bryant as a draftable player, and there were better options available.

Follow @walterfootball for updates

Those "better options" are still not being drafted.

Alan

Legend
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/c.b.-bryant?id=2549967
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Active in run support and plays bigger than his size. Good athlete with nice balance in his pedal. Reads his keys and reacts quickly. Plays the ball well in front of him. Good football smarts. Very good personal and football character.
WEAKNESSES
Very short with a lean build, short arms and small hands. Is not a ball hawk -- only one career interception. Overmatched vs. tight ends and lacks top-end speed to get over the top. Inconsistent open-field tackler. Selective hitter. Durability has been concerning — missed time in three of four seasons with foot, shoulder and ankle injuries.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Priority free agent
BOTTOM LINE
Did not work out in the spring while still recovering from a broken ankle suffered against Wisconsin in Week 5 and would be best suited for a role as a nickel safety or short-area, zone cornerback.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Hey, these are just camp bodies. Just wondering why guys like Dowling/Bailey haven't been drafted, because they are talents that should've been taken by 4th-5th round at latest. Obviously they have major medical/character concerns

Alan

Legend
It's kind of hard to believe that these last two guys are players we're getting a UDFA jump on.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Another 5' 8 - 5' 10 safety
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/c.b.-bryant?id=2549967
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Active in run support and plays bigger than his size. Good athlete with nice balance in his pedal. Reads his keys and reacts quickly. Plays the ball well in front of him. Good football smarts. Very good personal and football character.
WEAKNESSES
Very short with a lean build, short arms and small hands. Is not a ball hawk -- only one career interception. Overmatched vs. tight ends and lacks top-end speed to get over the top. Inconsistent open-field tackler. Selective hitter. Durability has been concerning — missed time in three of four seasons with foot, shoulder and ankle injuries.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Priority free agent
BOTTOM LINE
Did not work out in the spring while still recovering from a broken ankle suffered against Wisconsin in Week 5 and would be best suited for a role as a nickel safety or short-area, zone cornerback.
If he was a WR DeVanney would have taken him in the 3rd.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Still some talent left in the 7th round that seem to have fallen. Obviously for a reason.