NFL Draft Discussion: Rounds 4-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Mitchell-Van-Dyk.jpg

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I really hate being a "Debbie Downer".... but after being pumped by a day 1 & 2 ... I am EXTREMELY underwhelmed by day 3. Other than EJ Gaines, I don't see one guy who will make the final 53 man roster.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I really hate being a "Debbie Downer".... but after being pumped by a day 1 & 2 ... I am EXTREMELY underwhelmed by day 3. Other than EJ Gaines, I don't see one guy who will make the final 53 man roster.
I guess you weren't buying the pre-draft hype on Mitchell Van Dyk then?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
226. Mitchell Van Dyk, OL, Portland State: C Grade
There's no such thing as a reach in Round 7, but I highly doubt many teams had Mitchell Van Dyk on their boards.

WalterFootball.com

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
226. Mitchell Van Dyk, OL, Portland State: C Grade
There's no such thing as a reach in Round 7, but I highly doubt many teams had Mitchell Van Dyk on their boards.

WalterFootball.com

Hopefully just means we scouted real well.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Height: 6-8
Weight: 285
40: 5.21
Year: 4Sr
Mitchell Van Dyk
School: Portland State
Position: T
Positive: Three-year starter at right tackle. Strong, run blocking lineman with marginal athleticism. Sets with a wide base, quickly gets into blocks, and makes good use of angles as well as body positioning to seal defenders from the action. Stays square, keeps his head on a swivel, and works hard.

Negative: Struggles handling speedy edge rushers. Not light on his feet and shows little ability blocking in motion.

Analysis: Van Dyk is a size prospect who's been very effective on the small-school level. His lack of flexibility and mobility hinder him but his run-blocking skill should get him into camp this summer.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/T/Mitchell-Van-Dyk

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Here's the thing in this draft class, if it was 2008- 2009 the Rams would still be drafting starters now. Think about that how far the Rams have come talent wise.

bluesjoc

Long time poster,First time reader
Name
Jeff
Height: 6-8
Weight: 285
40: 5.21
Year: 4Sr
Mitchell Van Dyk
School: Portland State
Position: T
Positive: Three-year starter at right tackle. Strong, run blocking lineman with marginal athleticism. Sets with a wide base, quickly gets into blocks, and makes good use of angles as well as body positioning to seal defenders from the action. Stays square, keeps his head on a swivel, and works hard.

Negative: Struggles handling speedy edge rushers. Not light on his feet and shows little ability blocking in motion.

Analysis: Van Dyk is a size prospect who's been very effective on the small-school level. His lack of flexibility and mobility hinder him but his run-blocking skill should get him into camp this summer.

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2014/T/Mitchell-Van-Dyk
Reminds me of the Kounjo Kid from Bama. At Portland St i bet he didn't have the best coaching. Coaches here must of seen something they like, could turn out to be a steal

Alan

Legend
I find it hard to believe that we haven't drafted a single LB yet.

That should mean our next three picks are LBs.:)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Ehhh is hard to get "pumped" in the late rounds. I hardly recognize anyone. All the while teams don't draft "Mel's best available"

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
sportsillustrated.cnn.com still shows Skov as being available. If so that boggles my mind.

A55VA6

Legend
Van Dyk clarified his height and weight on the conference call. "6-8, 315 pounds."

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
They can save me today by taking Shane Skov ... Guy is a FOOTBALL player
He's still on the board? Crazy. Same with the receiver Janis. Crazy, but there could be unknown medical issues etc...hard for us to know.

Alan

Legend
At 6'8" and only 285 pounds, he needs to gain some weight. He probably will have great difficulty keeping his pads low. :(