NFC-W Standings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
going to be interesting if RAMS are sitting at 9-6 going into the last weeks match-up vs Seattle and it being a win and in scenario... will Seattle sit starters even if they have a first round bye?
There's a lot of pride up here about their homefield advantage. I doubt they won't sit their starters, at least until Quinn and company begin putting the hurt on Wilson. Hello, back up.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That doesn't mean that I don't want it to happen by the way :D

I'd love Clemens to do a Warner :)

I don't think he needs to. i think he's surrounded by enough talent to do it. Of course it's a long shot, but one can believe.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I don't think he needs to. i think he's surrounded by enough talent to do it. Of course it's a long shot, but one can believe.

That's me. I choose to believe it is possible and know it's a long shot but not impossible and every week that goes by and we are still stacking DUBS up, it starts to look a little bit less of a dream and a little more likely. Of course, we get ahead of ourselves and us and our team needs to focus on the 49ers because one loss brings the whole thing tumbling down.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
There's a lot of pride up here about their homefield advantage. I doubt they won't sit their starters, at least until Quinn and company begin putting the hurt on Wilson. Hello, back up.
We can beat Seattle's starters in Seattle, I'm convinced of that. What I'm not convinced of is winning-out.

jap

Legend
From the time this offense came alive, I think Fish realized he would have to get this team to take each game at a time to have any realistic shot at the playoffs. However, with a dynamic running game, punctuated by a Battering Ram OL tha is carving canyon-sized punctures in the defensive walls, we have a legitimate shot. If the D tries to take away the run (e.g., the Colts), they allow our playmakers in the passing game to take off (e.g., Tavon). Kellen is savvy enough to manage things, although his play is much coarser than that of Sam I Am. The hope is for our young secondary to grow game by game to minimize the successful kill strikes downtown by the opposition.

During training camp, I expressed a wish to see this team rank within the top ten or top five! in offense, defense, and special teams. I don't know if it has ever been done before, but I would love to see the Horns pull it off. It won;t happen this season, but the way this season is shaping up, next year looks very, very promising.

A55VA6

Legend
From the time this offense came alive, I think Fish realized he would have to get this team to take each game at a time to have any realistic shot at the playoffs. However, with a dynamic running game, punctuated by a Battering Ram OL tha is carving canyon-sized punctures in the defensive walls, we have a legitimate shot. If the D tries to take away the run (e.g., the Colts), they allow our playmakers in the passing game to take off (e.g., Tavon). Kellen is savvy enough to manage things, although his play is much coarser than that of Sam I Am. The hope is for our young secondary to grow game by game to minimize the successful kill strikes downtown by the opposition.

During training camp, I expressed a wish to see this team rank within the top ten or top five! in offense, defense, and special teams. I don't know if it has ever been done before, but I would love to see the Horns pull it off. It won;t happen this season, but the way this season is shaping up, next year looks very, very promising.
Agreed. I think trying to spread out this offense hurt us. I mean it was the right decision based on the players and all that.. but if we started this season the way we are right now.. we'd definitely be a wild card team. Next year could be special.. but will Schotty be our OC? I hope he is because he's starting to really get in a groove.

ram29jackson

Rookie
the Rams are spoilers at best the rest of the way

I think they will beat Seattle purely because Seattle will rest starters in that game anyway LOL

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
:D
I'll think the same as I have done since Sam went down.... Every win is amazing but I'm not thinking any further than that..
Look mate, I could be well off the mark here, but I can't see us beating all those teams that you have us beating with a temperamental secondary and a Back up QB..

Maybe us English are just naturally pessimistic...haha? :)

This.......but one can always hope. :D

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
going to be interesting if RAMS are sitting at 9-6 going into the last weeks match-up vs Seattle and it being a win and in scenario... will Seattle sit starters even if they have a first round bye?

I'm pretty sure in that scenario, Seattle would play it like its the 1st round of the playoffs. Their goal is to win the SB, and if the Rams are that hot, then the Rams would likely be their biggest roadblock to making the SB if they snuck into the playoffs. But if the game was to become a blowout either way, then they would protect / rest most of their key starters. If Quinn et. al. were to get a couple of vicious sacks on Wilson, they may rethink that. But I believe they would start the game like they needed to win it.

I only hope that I get to see the 9-6 Rams playing the Seahawks for a spot in the playoffs. It would make this season one to remember.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
the Rams are spoilers at best the rest of the way

I think they will beat Seattle purely because Seattle will rest starters in that game anyway LOL

Ya know I've gotten into some truncated discussions on this board asking people what they expect statements like this to satisfy, certainly it couldn't be to lift fellow posters spirits or expectations.

And i'll just out and say it, if ya wanna piss on the campfire ,don't expect me to tell ya I think it's cute,I highlighted that lil chuckle there at the end cuz JMO it was thrown in there to scoff at some dreams.
You got the right to say it and think it, but I'll just tell ya,that wouldn't get ya invited to my Super Bowl party.

ram29jackson

Rookie
Ya know I've gotten into some truncated discussions on this board asking people what they expect statements like this to satisfy, certainly it couldn't be to lift fellow posters spirits or expectations.

And i'll just out and say it, if ya wanna piss on the campfire ,don't expect me to tell ya I think it's cute,I highlighted that lil chuckle there at the end cuz JMO it was thrown in there to scoff at some dreams.
You got the right to say it and think it, but I'll just tell ya,that wouldn't get ya invited to my Super Bowl party.

read my introduce yourself post. I'm a Rams fan but i'm a sports fan and I don't take it personal when a team wins or loses because that's for childish minds. I put LOL because I felt like it and i'm having fun. You laugh when you are having fun. I don't use LOL as a sarcasm code or something like that.

Its a logical fact that the Rams might well get a win against the Seahawks because they will rest starters for playoffs...but in the great scheme of life that's also funny in its own way. Don't try to overthink such trivial stuff.

have a nice day :bigup:

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm pretty sure in that scenario, Seattle would play it like its the 1st round of the playoffs. Their goal is to win the SB, and if the Rams are that hot, then the Rams would likely be their biggest roadblock to making the SB if they snuck into the playoffs. But if the game was to become a blowout either way, then they would protect / rest most of their key starters. If Quinn et. al. were to get a couple of vicious sacks on Wilson, they may rethink that. But I believe they would start the game like they needed to win it.

I only hope that I get to see the 9-6 Rams playing the Seahawks for a spot in the playoffs. It would make this season one to remember.

Man, that's well thought out and well said. Of course if the rams ran 7 straight against good teams, they would be the top threat. I never thought of that. Smart.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
read my introduce yourself post. I'm a Rams fan but i'm a sports fan and I don't take it personal when a team wins or loses because that's for childish minds. I put LOL because I felt like it and i'm having fun. You laugh when you are having fun. I don't use LOL as a sarcasm code or something like that.

Its a logical fact that the Rams might well get a win against the Seahawks because they will rest starters for playoffs...but in the great scheme of life that's also funny in its own way. Don't try to overthink such trivial stuff.

Don't need to read your intro, that sentence told me all I want to know and fortified my original impression.
You may want to take into account the vast majority of posters here consider personal and fan to be mutually inclusive,so we with childish minds (me and the turd in my pocket ) thank you for your candor,now I'll get out of the way and let you do the rest.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if you don't get upset when the Rams lose then you're not a rams fan at all, so don't pretend to be one.

ram29jackson

Rookie
Don't need to read your intro, that sentence told me all I want to know and fortified my original impression.
You may want to take into account the vast majority of posters here consider personal and fan to be mutually inclusive,so we with childish minds (me and the turd in my pocket ) thank you for your candor,now I'll get out of the way and let you do the rest.

if you don't get upset when the Rams lose then you're not a rams fan at all, so don't pretend to be one.

LOL
...you guys do realize that players play for more than one team in their careers ,right ? You do realize that players on opposing teams are actually friends ,right ? You do realize the NFL doesn't give a damn which team you root for as long as you buy tickets and merch,right ? its a company with franchises looking for profit, right ?

its not a gang war boys. Its athletic reality tv entertainment.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Man, that's well thought out and well said. Of course if the rams ran 7 straight against good teams, they would be the top threat. I never thought of that. Smart.

See IMO the smart play for Seattle will be to play reserves ,not to INTENTIONALLY lose but not to emphasize winning as if there was anything to gain.
I think the chances of us winning will be enhanced by their lack of upside ,but I summarily reject the bullshit idea that we couldn't win if they had something to gain and went all out, freak the hell out of that falsely omniscient sportifical pontification.
We can beat those MF's on their best day but I don't think if they have the HFA sewn up they'll give us their best game and risk a HAS for that beast RB of theirs, a re-occurrence of Harvins hip injury, wouldn't be prudent.

I think they'd do exactly what we did against the Eagles when we had the HFA banked ,little did we know 2 years later we'd be facing the same team in the conf. championship and need to play the most physical half of football we played all year in order to win and IMO left our SB chance on that field , IMO if we'd had a two week rest that year to heal from that game, Belichek could have played 12 on defense taped all our practices held on every play and we'd still have kicked that ass.
But we needed rest, and hate Clairol all you want but underestimate him at your own peril, he KNOWS his team would benefit from the rest MORE than from winning a game with ALL the meaning of the 4th pre season game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL
...you guys do realize that players play for more than one team in their careers ,right ? You do realize that players on opposing teams are actually friends ,right ? You do realize the NFL doesn't give a damn which team you root for as long as you buy tickets and merch,right ? its a company with franchises looking for profit, right ?

its not a gang war boys. Its athletic reality tv entertainment.

What's anything you've said got to do with being a rams fan?

And do you know how childish it is to use lol in every post?