NFC-W Standings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
See IMO the smart play for Seattle will be to play reserves ,not to INTENTIONALLY lose but not to emphasize winning as if there was anything to gain.
I think the chances of us winning will be enhanced by their lack of upside ,but I summarily reject the bullshit idea that we couldn't win if they had something to gain and went all out, freak the hell out of that falsely omniscient sportifical pontification.
We can beat those MF's on their best day but I don't think if they have the HFA sewn up they'll give us their best game and risk a HAS for that beast RB of theirs, a re-occurrence of Harvins hip injury, wouldn't be prudent.

I think they'd do exactly what we did against the Eagles when we had the HFA banked ,little did we know 2 years later we'd be facing the same team in the conf. championship and need to play the most physical half of football we played all year in order to win and IMO left our SB chance on that field , IMO if we'd had a two week rest that year to heal from that game, Belichek could have played 12 on defense taped all our practices held on every play and we'd still have kicked that ass.
But we needed rest, and hate Clairol all you want but underestimate him at your own peril, he KNOWS his team would benefit from the rest MORE than from winning a game with ALL the meaning of the 4th pre season game.

I hope we find out if your right or wrong. If your right the Rams get to beat down their reserves then get to come back and beat down their starters two weeks later. How sweet!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
That's me. I choose to believe it is possible and know it's a long shot but not impossible and every week that goes by and we are still stacking DUBS up, it starts to look a little bit less of a dream and a little more likely. Of course, we get ahead of ourselves and us and our team needs to focus on the 49ers because one loss brings the whole thing tumbling down.
I think a team this young and talented has the ability to beat almost anyone AND to lose their focus and lose the trap game against TB.
I highlighted that word for a reason,THAT is where it starts,if you believe you strive if you strive you improve ,I believe this team can be better than they were both of these last two weeks. We read Gray's article where he graded the various parts of the Rams , and IMO those grades were defenseable,SO that begs a question for me,IF ALL THOSE GRADES WERE A how bad would we have beaten them?
Clemens QB rating against Indy was 140, against Chi 86.............................................how ugly would that Chi game have been if he'd had a 140?
If Fisher can keep these guys focused ,he's got lightning IN the bottle, just don't let it get away.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is how I see it:

Seahawks ~ 14 - 2 ~ Playoffs
Rams ~ 10 - 6 ~ Wildcard
Arizona ~ 9 - 7
Niners ~ 9 - 7

Rams

Niners - W
Cards - W
Saints - W
Bucs - W
Hawks - W

Cards

Eagles - L
Rams - L
Titans - W
Seahawks - L
Niners - W

Niners

Rams - L
Hawks - L
Bucs - W
Falcons - W
Cards - L

Hawks

Saints - W
Niners - W
Giants - W
Cards - W
Rams - L

Yes. Rams win out AND take 2nd in NFCW. You heard it here first folks. It's all coming down to the last week of the season where the Rams beat the Hawks and the 13th man and the Cards at home beat the Niners.

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:
I'm all over this. It all starts Sunday.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The Skins were in the same position last year and made it. Anything they can do, we can do better.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
The Skins were in the same position last year and made it. Anything they can do, we can do better.
Yeah they did and without their best defensive player,and another of their top tier ones and it included a game without their "rookie phenom".
Keeping a team that focused was GOOD coaching that got lost in the fervor to castigate Shanahan for playing Griffen BOTH in the way he was born to play...... and when he'd have been JUST as pillaried for losing with Cousins had he decided to sit Griffin.

We can do this.................................I believe

jap

Legend

People get caught up too much with what seems improbable. The Fisher King has a young team with explosive talent that has screwed up early on as expected and is finally beginning to come together as a team . . . again, as expected.

Young players screw up---it's not a given, but it happens so frequently, especially in sports, one might as well take it as a corollary of Murphy's Law. One had to expect the young safeties to struggle somewhat, although TJ has shown unusual maturity. However, conversations with Fish demonstrated that he expected TJ to mature quickly since he coached TJ's dad and kept tabs on his son. I am always teasing about Jenks and his lack of pick-6's this season, but, realistically, NFL OC's and QB's are aware of Jenks' TO potential and are actively trying to minimize him as a defensive nightmare. Jenks' needs to respond by being even more cagey at baiting QB's. I am actually surprised 'Tree has not been called for illegal headshot tackles, but our coaches probably noted that tendency in his collegiate films and addressed it with him early on.

I doubt Tavon would have been able to do his special things early on as consistently as he is starting to get now. NFL defenders are faster, quicker, stronger, and smarter than their collegiate counterparts. Yes, I expected Tavon to have some explosive returns early on, most of which were unfortunately called back. However, the NFL DC's have seen a number of explosive weapons over time (e.g., Devin Hester, Percy Harvin, Reggie Cobb, newcomer Cordarelle Patterson, Reggie Bush, etc.) and have devised assorted bags of tricks to try and contain them. Many here have complained about the Rams' "failure" to do more to get Tavon in space, seemingly forgetting there are 31 NFL DC's who are fully committed to insuring he is never! going to be in space. It is not automatic; the Rams have to be creative to defeat the machinations of the opposing DC's.

Plus, Tavon himself needed to grow to find out for himself what he could get away with against these faster, quicker, stronger, and smarter NFL defenders. Clearly, he is starting to find his groove now, which will make him a major distraction to DC's, allowing other Ram players to shine more. Now you can't stuff 8 defenders in the box with Tavon on the field because that leaves him 1-on-1 against some hapless defender. This provides less defenders trying to stop Zac, Benny, or other RB's. If DC's have to start committing two or more defenders to blanket the explosive Tavon, who is going to stop the resurgent Cookie Monster, Chris Givens, a gradually emerging Brian Quick, or one of our RB's coming out of the backfield? Having Tavon is like having Gale Sayers teleported through time & space and refitted into a Horns uniform.

Then we also have the other young 'uns who are coming on, either gradually or by being thrown into the fire: (defensively) TJ, Tru, Jenks, McGee, McLeod, 'Tree; (offensively) Quick, Sted, Cory, DRich, Isaiah, Zac, Benny; (or special teams) Ray-Ray, Daren Bates, Chase, etc. and one starts to get an idea of the explosive potential of this team growing before our very eyes.

Yeah, this team is starting to make some noise. However, imagine the thunder we can generate with a healthy Sam the Ram at the helm?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Ya know what pisses me off to no end HERE on THE ROD the proposition that WE run the table is scoffed at by supposed Rams fans who take it as a given that Seattle wins all but one from here on out when THEY COULD hit the skids this week and old mo could change jerseys.
There isn't a team on their schedule that doesn't have the personnel to beat them and include two teams that have destroyed the team that beat them,sorry got distracted

Last edited by a moderator:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You have to admit that this new Rams present running game with this new OL run power has a way to lift & raise the Ram fans spirits so high not seen since the #28 heydays .....to think this team could beat two of the best & most likely NFC representatives in the SB @ their own houses?????

Say what you want about its a passing league ....but when you have a set of tough young RB's like Benny & Zac and a talented healthy OL that loves to run the ball....well ......this particular post illustrates what can happen or what Ram fans can hope will happen for your team.

I sure would like to keep this going as long as possible and building a powerful OL is the key! Is this not fun??? I know its so boring running the ball.....

jap

Legend
I sure would like to keep this going as long as possible and building a powerful OL is the key! Is this not fun??? I know its so boring running the ball.....

Not when the Rams are blowing holes through defensive walls like Swiss cheese! :cheese:

You have to admit that this new Rams present running game with this new OL run power has a way to lift & raise the Ram fans spirits so high not seen since the #28 heydays .....to think this team could beat two of the best & most likely NFC representatives in the SB @ their own houses?????

Say what you want about its a passing league ....but when you have a set of tough young RB's like Benny & Zac and a talented healthy OL that loves to run the ball....well ......this particular post illustrates what can happen or what Ram fans can hope will happen for your team.

It is when it's all you do, up the middle for two yards, try watching Florida for 3 seasons, at least the Rams pass it every now and again.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
See IMO the smart play for Seattle will be to play reserves ,not to INTENTIONALLY lose but not to emphasize winning as if there was anything to gain.
I think the chances of us winning will be enhanced by their lack of upside ,but I summarily reject the bullshit idea that we couldn't win if they had something to gain and went all out, freak the hell out of that falsely omniscient sportifical pontification.
We can beat those MF's on their best day but I don't think if they have the HFA sewn up they'll give us their best game and risk a HAS for that beast RB of theirs, a re-occurrence of Harvins hip injury, wouldn't be prudent.

I think they'd do exactly what we did against the Eagles when we had the HFA banked ,little did we know 2 years later we'd be facing the same team in the conf. championship and need to play the most physical half of football we played all year in order to win and IMO left our SB chance on that field , IMO if we'd had a two week rest that year to heal from that game, Belichek could have played 12 on defense taped all our practices held on every play and we'd still have kicked that ass.
But we needed rest, and hate Clairol all you want but underestimate him at your own peril, he KNOWS his team would benefit from the rest MORE than from winning a game with ALL the meaning of the 4th pre season game.

I don't see it. If the Rams were rolling and we became their biggest threat, the last game of the regular season would be their chance to eliminate us from the playoffs because of our need to win them all. It's a free shot at deciding who they play in the playoffs.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
This is how I see it:

Seahawks ~ 14 - 2 ~ Playoffs
Rams ~ 10 - 6 ~ Wildcard
Arizona ~ 9 - 7
Niners ~ 9 - 7

Rams

Niners - W
Cards - W
Saints - W
Bucs - W
Hawks - W

Cards

Eagles - L
Rams - L
Titans - W
Seahawks - L
Niners - W

Niners

Rams - L
Hawks - L
Bucs - W
Falcons - W
Cards - L

Hawks

Saints - W
Niners - W
Giants - W
Cards - W
Rams - L

Yes. Rams win out AND take 2nd in NFCW. You heard it here first folks. It's all coming down to the last week of the season where the Rams beat the Hawks and the 13th man and the Cards at home beat the Niners.

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:
I love your positivity. I believe brother.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I guess some people smell "homerism" in other's need for hope or optimism in our Rams. I understand that, especially coming from Rams' fans because we have been shown hope and potential before just to see our team go out and lay a turd when we needed a golden egg.

So, yeah, I get it but believe me when I tell you what we have before us is a team that is a little tougher, a little more talented, a little hungrier for success, a little more clued in on what it takes to win. I can see what I only previously hoped for with this team, potential hanging ripe on the vine, actually poised to pounce. Is a playoff run improbable for a team that needs to win out 7 weeks in a row? Damn right it is but with 2 of those wins in their back pocket, it becomes a little more believable. Make it 3 down and 4 to go and any on this team that were doubting it start to buy in and momentum takes off. The beauty of this team is they might be young enough to not feel the pressure of it all.

And yes, I'm a believer in a playoff run until this team shows me otherwise.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess some people smell "homerism" in other's need for hope or optimism in our Rams. I understand that, especially coming from Rams' fans because we have been shown hope and potential before just to see our team go out and lay a turd when we needed a golden egg.

So, yeah, I get it but believe me when I tell you what we have before us is a team that is a little tougher, a little more talented, a little hungrier for success, a little more clued in on what it takes to win. I can see what I only previously hoped for with this team, potential hanging ripe on the vine, actually poised to pounce. Is a playoff run improbable for a team that needs to win out 7 weeks in a row? Damn right it is but with 2 of those wins in their back pocket, it becomes a little more believable. Make it 3 down and 4 to go and any on this team that were doubting it start to buy in and momentum takes off. The beauty of this team is they might be young enough to not feel the pressure of it all.

And yes, I'm a believer in a playoff run until this team shows me otherwise.

Yep. Washington did it just last season, so it can be done. Of course the odds are long and the road is hard but that's what makes it great if they pull it off.

I expect a win this week. That's not the homer in me, it's an impartial look at both teams. Calling it a playoff run? THAT'S the homer in me, but I DO believe they could do it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep. Washington did it just last season, so it can be done. Of course the odds are long and the road is hard but that's what makes it great if they pull it off.

I expect a win this week. That's not the homer in me, it's an impartial look at both teams. Calling it a playoff run? THAT'S the homer in me, but I DO believe they could do it.

I'm good with both homer and realism as long as the end result is that we are making a playoff run. I'm a real homerist.