NFC Playoff Race Update and Week 16 Projections

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
One game at a time. Giants are a must win game for us. Running game will be key. Touchdowns in the Redzone.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The Whiners were playing great. They had a bad game. This is probably one of the worst scenarios for the Rams. The Whiners were just reminded how easy it is to lose in the NFL. They will be hyper focused the rest of the way. I hope we can beat them, but at this stage of our retooling we aren't even close to their talent level. We are going to need help to get in.

And don't even bring up the fact that we stood toe toe with the ravens and should have won. They were coming out of hibernation when we played them. That was a sloppy version.

socalrams90

Starter
The silver lining to the Niners winning is we can stop speculating about them sitting players. We’re going to get their best shot. Would love to have the opportunity to win and get in and also cost them a one seed.

Q729

Legend
Current forecast for East Rutherford on Sunday.

Untitled.png

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Whiners were playing great. They had a bad game. This is probably one of the worst scenarios for the Rams. The Whiners were just reminded how easy it is to lose in the NFL. They will be hyper focused the rest of the way. I hope we can beat them, but at this stage of our retooling we aren't even close to their talent level. We are going to need help to get in.

And don't even bring up the fact that we stood toe toe with the ravens and should have won. They were coming out of hibernation when we played them. That was a sloppy version.
Well first off all scenarios where those fuckheads lose is a good scenario. Them getting their asses beat on Christmas Eve was a fantastic present for us.

Secondly I am fine with us going into that final game needing to beat them to get in. It's not ideal of course but this is what the Rams get for squandering opportunities vs Green Bay and the Steelers. And if we fall short so be it and this young roster gets a great feel for a playoff environment vs a top contender.

Try to enjoy this. That's how I see it at least. We're undergunned but I suspect the Rams will have a nice dime setup prepared for Purdy boy, and we are solid vs the run so maybe we can pull it off. In the end we're gonna be knocked out of the playoffs but being in this thing at the end of the season is gratifying as hell.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stupid eagles. If they had held off the Seahawks, we are looking at a win, and in scenario against the Giants this weekend.
The amount of teams I've never rooted for before who have let me down the last month is pretty comical. Chiefs vs Packers, eagles vs Seahawks, titans vs Seahawks, Panthers vs Packers, eagles and cowboys vs the niners.

Last edited:

Q729

Legend
Definitely need to win but I'll definitely be rooting for the Steelers. Kinda helps that I can't stand the Shecocks either :laugh1:
Hate those fuckers. Can't stand them always in the conversation. They need to suck like the majority of the time they were in the AFC West.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
Thankfully the Steelers need it as much as the Hags...and they spanked a better Bungle team last week...

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
If we beat the Giants and Seattle loses to the Steelers we clinch a playoff spot.

The reason is because GB @ Vikings will put one of those teams at 9
Losses since both currently have 8 and we only have 7.

So even if Vikes and GB wins week 18 it won’t matter to us if Seattle loses and we beat the Giants.

So if Seattle loses, we might be resting starters vs the Niners. Otherwise we Risk injury and will possibly need to play them in the wildcard round if we beat them and knocked them to the 2 seed.

Weird shit afloat at the circle K.

Sorry Herm, sometimes you actually DO NOT play to win the game.

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/winner-new-york-jets-you-play-to-win-the-game-xUA7b1N9MKesp28kAU

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Every Ram, upon realizing that other teams aren’t going to help them make the playoffs should simply quote Thanos:

“Fine…I’ll do it myself.”

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Luckily Pittsburg has a lot to play for that Seattle will be one hell of a game.

SF losing last night ensures they play their starters unless Philly loses one and even then not sure they would. I would just from a player safety sake but that is just my philosophy if no need to win rest Williams, Deebo, Ayuk, McCaffrey and possibly Purdy.

If Seattle wins it will be a huge game against the 49ers especially bc Seattle only needs to beat AZ to secure one of the 2 spots left. Both GB and Vikings own the tiebreakers against us.

You want to root for one or both Seattle and GB to lose next week. If Seattle wins then root for Detroit to beat Vikings and AZ to beat Seattle week 18 outside of the obvious we beating SF.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Sean McVay

(On how much he pays attention to the NFC playoff picture)
“I pay a lot of attention to it. I tell myself not to get emotionally invested in these
games and then you get invested and then you're saying, ‘Why the hell did I do
that?’ So here's what I'll tell you though, what I do know is true is that we've got
to continue to focus on what we can control and that's the Giants.

I'm very aware of all the things that are going on, but I do think it's important to not let
that take away from the task at hand because you can get caught up with other
stuff and playing the ‘what if' game. What I think the best thing this team has
done is they have focused on what they can control to put themselves in a
position to even have the conversations that we're having right now about
playing meaningful ball in December and up into January. And so that's been
our goal.

I've loved the journey that we've had with this team to get to this point
but I do think the most important thing for us is to focus on the task at hand.
And it's getting these guys back in here, everybody made it back. And then we'll
get a really good week of preparation where we'll be able to do some things
relative to our prep that enables us more reps both physically and mentally than
what we would typically be accustomed to at this point because you in essence
got another bye with us having the last handful of days off. But I watch all the
games. I love football so I know exactly what's going on and really I think that's
a way that you learn and you feel like, hey, there's good opportunities to be
able to add. I'm very aware but I also do know that none of that stuff really
matters and that is a hundred percent truth if we don't do a great job getting
ourselves prepared to go play a tough game at New York.”

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
BEAT THE GIANTS!!!!! I have been happy with meaningful December football when it comes the Rams but now I want more! I want meaningful January football for our RAMS!!!!!!!! And we are at the cusp of something amazing! Let's roll!!!!!!