GAME DAY NFC Championship - Lions at 49’ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Going to be the illuminati bowl this year. Swift and her bitch Kelce, who sold his soul to advertise vaccines in commercials.
Okay looney. Take your comments and your politics somewhere else. Selling crazy. We’re all full up right now. Sell it somewhere else

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
canseco-ball.gif

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
They have some real studs on that roster now. St Brown, La Porta, Gibbs, and that OL means they're gonna be a problem for a while for opponents. But they're not in SF's class in terms of quality across the board. They'll be even tougher next season after they make some defensive investment.

We're gonna be butting heads with them again most likely in the next couple years.
Well they likely lose their OC. I think the second half guaranteed their DC will return because he couldn’t get the defense off the field. Campbell is likely to double and triple down on going for it on fourth down just to show he is not intimidated. The result will be a Lions team going from contention to disappointment much like Staley and the Chargers. Everyone knows that Jared is great when things are going well and he’s got a clean pocket. Tighten the score and apply pressure and he becomes very feeble. Reynolds should have caught both balls but Jared absolutely shit himself because Bosa was near and he sailed the first one. Still catchable but not on target. Reynolds played terribly. The Niners game and the Rams game Detroit’s vaunted offense was only able to score 10 points in the second half and 7 of those against the Niners were basically garbage time. Lions choked. Goff choked. Nothing new!

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
I think it's because Purdy found a way and Goff didn't.
Purdy found a way to throw an interception that bounced off the defenders hands right to the receiver. Purdy just threw the jump balls all day. He did manage to scramble for a bunch of yards when the Lions defense forgot how to tackle. Purdy is lucky as fuck.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
I guess.
I like to think I'm in the middle.. it was a win-win trade. I'm glad the Rams made it and Goff's a good QB.
Goff is a good QB. He can carry out a game plan especially if it’s run heavy and make plays off of play action in the passing game but he’s far from a great QB. Rams don’t win in 2022 with Goff at QB. He’s not going to win games that he’s trailing in. Good guy. Decent skills but so limited he can never be considered great.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Agreed. I was jazzed about him based on his play earlier in the season with Washington, but he hasn't performed in SF. I wouldn't give him anything more than an incentive-laden "prove it" deal in FA, and I wouldn't count on him being the guy.
He made a business decision not to make that tackle. You can see that on live TV. Imagine what it looks like in film study . I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole. He’s going to get a contract somewhere and a fan base is gonna be disappointed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well they likely lose their OC. I think the second half guaranteed their DC will return because he couldn’t get the defense off the field. Campbell is likely to double and triple down on going for it on fourth down just to show he is not intimidated. The result will be a Lions team going from contention to disappointment much like Staley and the Chargers. Everyone knows that Jared is great when things are going well and he’s got a clean pocket. Tighten the score and apply pressure and he becomes very feeble. Reynolds should have caught both balls but Jared absolutely shit himself because Bosa was near and he sailed the first one. Still catchable but not on target. Reynolds played terribly. The Niners game and the Rams game Detroit’s vaunted offense was only able to score 10 points in the second half and 7 of those against the Niners were basically garbage time. Lions choked. Goff choked. Nothing new!
Everyone is acting like Johnson is some savant. But consider for a moment the advantages he has in his playcalling... Excellent OL, weapons that turn underneath passes into big gainers, two backs who complement each other and provide tough running or change of pace explosiveness, and a veteran QB who can deal when he's got protections.

So let's wait and see how great Johnson is. And how badly his loss affects Detroit. I suspect he won't be all that big a loss for them.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Everyone is acting like Johnson is some savant. But consider for a moment the advantages he has in his playcalling... Excellent OL, weapons that turn underneath passes into big gainers, two backs who complement each other and provide tough running or change of pace explosiveness, and a veteran QB who can deal when he's got protections.

So let's wait and see how great Johnson is. And how badly his loss affects Detroit. I suspect he won't be all that big a loss for them.
Rob Boras could have had a good offense with that group.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Got to work this morning. Someone decided to park backwards so their SF fan faux front license plate was showing. This post is for them.
I ran into a sloppy fat piece of work in shitter gear today at the store. He saw my Rams hat and was all grinning like we were buds. I told him better grin now because his team's gonna be assfucked by the Chiefs.

My wife a bit later was like "wtf is wrong with you." A lot honey. A terrible lot.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I ran into a sloppy fat piece of work in shitter gear today at the store. He saw my Rams hat and was all grinning like we were buds. I told him better grin now because his team's gonna be assfucked by the Chiefs.

My wife a bit later was like "wtf is wrong with you." A lot honey. A terrible lot.
Why would she ask you that question in response to you telling the truth?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

I don't think it's just "going for it" on 4th down. If it's 4th and 6 inches to go, I can see being aggressive and trying to pick that up. But the Lions went for it on like 4th and 3 and 4th and 4.

Again, Goff was an assassin that day and put the ball on the money but Reynolds dropped both passes which did the Lions in.

And the 2 4th downs were critical possessions where Campbell needed to kick FGs.

The first one would have reset the 17 point lead in the 3rd quarter with only about 7 minutes left. That limits how often they hand off to mccaffrey. It also puts the pressure on Purdy, who showed he's able to make mistakes.

The second 4th down attempt was in lieu of kicking a game tying FG down 27-24. Had the Lions made the 3rd quarter FG, then they would have been kicking to take the lead. Instead they failed and the whiners put the nails in the coffin.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Rob Boras who I have called the worst OC in the history of football. That is really throwing out some hyperbole.
Quality TE-coach for 11 years in the NFL before Jeff Fisher decided to promote him to OC.

The Rams were 29th and 32nd in scoring those two years.

Boras has been a quality TE-coach in Buffalo ever since ... now seven years.

Tano

Legend
Quality TE-coach for 11 years in the NFL before Jeff Fisher decided to promote him to OC.

The Rams were 29th and 32nd in scoring those two years.

Boras has been a quality TE-coach in Buffalo ever since ... now seven years.
Oh I never said he wasn't a quality TE coach

He is just not an OC

And he was promoted mid year his first year iirc

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Oh I never said he wasn't a quality TE coach

He is just not an OC

And he was promoted mid year his first year iirc
Didn't mean to suggest you were disparaging Boras as a TE-coach.

Just wanted to throw a dig at Fisher's decision-making prowess when it came to offensive football.

Good point on Boras being a mid-year promotion over another brilliant Fisher decision ... Frank Cignetti.